Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

the clappers why not ?

i didn''t go yesterday but why not the clappers every home game ? they get the crowd involved when most of them normally sit on there hands moaning, alex Tettey said in his interview that the players heard the clappers and they knew it was going to be a noisy atmosphere.. away fans might take the p1ss but who cares ? yes it is manufactured and a bit plastic but from what i saw on MOTD and on Wiziwig people actually looked like they were enjoying themselves it almost looked like a throwback to the 1940s . if it costs 20 grand a game to put them on the seats its small change, I appreciate that the performance played a big part in people making noise but maybe people making noise played a big part in the performance [:D]

I suggested a few weeks ago that we returned to the days in the sixties and seventies when as a kid at matches we used get the chant  "in the net - in the net - in the net - in the net" at corners and free kicks.   Yesterday the clappers were going rather manically with the same rhythm as those words.  To me it was a bit spooky!   But it seemed to work!  

If you leave them for the must win games then they act as a sort of rallying cry for both supporters and players. On the other hand, I think a lot of our fans do want to get behind the team but they''re just too self-conscious to start singing or cheering so perhaps having them at every game would help them.

The clappers just reinforce what other fans think that Norwich fans are all inbred.

The crowd couldn''t even clap in time to we will rock you. They are just annoying and make us look tin pot

They did create some noise from the off though which has o be a good thing, the atmosphere at the Stoke game was dreadful and the tension was obvious from the start, maybe the clappers will help to alleviate this and the players can relax a bit more.

Who cares what other fans ''think'' and anyway, it is certainly better than a guy with a drum!

[quote user="Paul"]The clappers just reinforce what other fans think that Norwich fans are all inbred.

The crowd couldn''t even clap in time to we will rock you. They are just annoying and make us look tin pot[/quote]well obviously image concious danny dyer types such as yourself would be excused from joining in  [:D]

I admit that the noise they produce is quite impressive, but they just look just terrible. I was embarrassed watching motd with my housemates.

That said, it does seem to get us points and that''s all that matters.

Created an atmosphere on all four sides of the ground and certainly louder than hand claps. Churlish to find fault with this cheesy stunt. As long as it gets results.

I thought that they contributed to the atmosphere yesterday + helped the team. Let''s everyone get involved.What''s not to like

Not the only club to use them. I can recall championship sides deploying them for the playoffs last year.

They do create a lot of noise - try them inside your house. I did last year just behind my wife. Got quite a reaction!

Certainly helps with the atmosphere, and gives you something positive to do in the more nervous moments.

Would normally be wary of such contrived stuff, but these are left to the crowd to use without any orchestration from the club.Certainly brought the crowd together and gave a feeling that has been missing for somewhile at Carrow Road.It is a passionate game and it needs the means to let fans express that passion, something the ''cuckoo clock shriek'' has been helping to kill off. The passion needs to be in response to what is happening on the pitch with the game, not some dimwitted moron with a mic sounding like a bus reversing.As to the ''three beat clapping'' check this out -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYjD8MpUKE(go to 1hr 03m 40sec)

I dont mind them at all, they definitely add to the noise level and thus create a good atmosphere for a big game. If they are small time/inbred then we are in pretty good company, as Dortmund are among those who used them last season.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Not the only club to use them. I can recall championship sides deploying them for the playoffs last year.

They do create a lot of noise - try them inside your house. I did last year just behind my wife. Got quite a reaction!

Certainly helps with the atmosphere, and gives you something positive to do in the more nervous moments.[/quote]That''d be right from KO to final whistle in most games then......[:D]

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/228279/norwich-fans

stoke fans don''t like them but they are a bunch of unemployed gormless kunts

I''d never given them much thought before - i never use one at the ground, but they''ve never bothered me - but watching the highlights on MOTD last night i did have to cringe.They really are a bit ''tin-pot''.

If the clappers help the atmosphere like they did yesterday and that helps to keep us up then I am all for them! I don''t give a stuff about other fans'' opinions, they''ll soon forget that when we appear on the fixture list again.

[quote user="skippdogg"]http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/228279/norwich-fans

stoke fans don''t like them but they are a bunch of unemployed gormless kunts[/quote]

Well to be honest I don''t thint the clappers are as bad as singing "What''s New Pussycat" or whatever it is they sing...

What''s atmospheric about clappers? A constant clapping sound isn''t atmosphere it''s just annoying.

They are embarrassing.

I like the clappers

its no more manufactured than the Bayern munich music played to encourage chanting

They make a lot of noise but for me it''s to the detriment of other ''atmosphere'' - on Saturday, any songs that were started that have a clappable rhythm - i.e. pretty much any song that isn''t OTBC - were swiftly speeded up and drowned out by drones bashing their clappers, to the point where there was no point even trying to get songs started.

Given the relative comfort of our victory I am confident it would have been an even better atmosphere had we not had them. And I wouldn''t have been cringing at every crowd shot on MOTD.