Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Weird or what ?

Isn''t it strange that the very factors we have needed to achieve our recovery keep clicking into place ?

City have done their bit by winning and our partners in distress theirs'' by not winning :-

Last four games of each :-

W    X     L        pts.

Norwich        3    1     0        10

Palace          1    1     2          4

W.B.A.          0    3     1          3

Fulham          0    2     2          2

Soton           0     1    3           1

It''s as if the Gods of Footie have decreed that we should stay up and have handed each participating team a script to follow.

Let''s hope that the theme continues with the same plot for the whole of the performance and not have twist at the end     !

makes us see why norwich deserve to stay up.

maybe this last sprint can end in something!

I think it''ll be nothing short of miraculous if we do stay up. We were practically gone a few weeks ago.
It''ll be up with the 81-82 season if we can do it.

You''re right, but it''s still so tight I can hardly bare it. With each result safety seems possible, but it could all be blown out of the water in the next match. If we get a result at Southampton i still won''t feel comfortable. This is more exciting / heart-wrenching than even the promotion push

These statistics do not lie... however those 10 points gained were only to play catch up from the previously miserable run - the test starts now - can we keep this run up - if yes then we will be in with a good chance of survival - a loss on Saturday and the view will again change - our only is target maximum points from last 3.

It is soooo very very tense! Three teams on thirty points I think any one of us could stay up and thats the problem.

A couple of weeks ago you would have said that the other teams have got a tougher run in, but with Newcastle stumbling and Man U not at their bets it doesnt seem like that right now.

The biggest problem is that nothing other than a win will do now. Its the only way that we can be sure to either stay up or stay within the chance of staying up. Anything else and it will be too much of a mountain to climb.

I am not even sure that six points would be enough. Southampton have to win or they are down, Birmingham have little to play for but that will never stop a side under Bruce, and Fulham could either be battling for survival or they could be trying to prove a point.

One thing is for sure - I have to sit down on a saturday afternoon and concentrate on breathing propperly! I nearly had a cardiac the other day when Svensson scored and that was after the near death experience I had the wednesday before when Deano put it in the back of the net in extra, extra, extra time!

God I hope we stay up I really do, if only so I dont have to deal with the depression this lot is likely to cause!