Tell me about it, as much as BJ puts in the effort, you can''t help but see the momentum die when he''s there. We were fluid, inventive and high tempo today, the way we should be at home.

Yes, Wes was very good today. Gave the ball away a few too many times, but I can forgive him as we won.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]You we''re superb.

Is it just a coincidence that BJ wasn''t playing today and we produced superb football?

We need wes to start every game. How can anyone disagree?![/quote]Yes.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="lincoln canary"]You we''re superb.

Is it just a coincidence that BJ wasn''t playing today and we produced superb football?

We need wes to start every game. How can anyone disagree?![/quote]Yes.[/quote]

Not so sure. Our midfield is better without him. We actually look like we can dominate teams.

Surely you know why he doesn''t start every game; he''s too inconsistent. Played well today but has generally been very average this season

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Surely you know why he doesn''t start every game; he''s too inconsistent. Played well today but has generally been very average this season[/quote]

Lol. He''s not had a run in the team, hence the inconsistency. And anyway 90% of the time when he does get picked he''s our best player! Today, Man U home, villa away, palace at home etc etc. He''s forever proving fans like you wrong.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Herman "]

Yes, Wes was very good today. Gave the ball away a few too many times, but I can forgive him as we won.

[/quote] Oh good. Because the reason we won was mainly due to his work rate and creativity.[/quote]

No we won because of everyone''s work rate. Maybe you should realise it''s a team game, and when they all play well we more than likely get a result.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote] Oh good. Because the reason we won was mainly due to his work rate and creativity.[/quote]

No we won because of everyone''s work rate. Maybe you should realise it''s a team game, and when they all play well we more than likely get a result.

[/quote]

Ok I agree everyone was superb today. But you can''t deny performances like this usually coincide with Hoolahan being present. I think the players perform better with him playing.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

Ok I agree everyone was superb today. But you can''t deny performances like this usually coincide with Hoolahan being present. I think the players perform better with him playing.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Ok I agree everyone was superb today. But you can''t deny performances like this usually coincide with Hoolahan being present. I think the players perform better with him playing.[/quote]

Funny, but we beat Spurs without him (apart from the last few minutes)

you have to play well when given the chance. At the start of the season when given the chance, he was terrible. He was given the chance v man u and played well, so was then played the next game but was absolutely awful.

You have to give the manager a reason to play you. (instead of just kicking up a $hitstorm)

He is certainly invigorating and entertaining. I never expected him to get back in the first team, but glad he had his moment today and on other occasions recently. Great stuff, Wessy

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Herman, wes gave the ball away 8 times. trying to make something happen, these things will happen. 84%. No problem with me.[/quote]

I know mate. Just being a nuisance.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]you have to play well when given the chance. At the start of the season when given the chance, he was terrible. He was given the chance v man u and played well, so was then played the next game but was absolutely awful.

You have to give the manager a reason to play you. (instead of just kicking up a $hitstorm)[/quote]

That''s unfair. There have been players playing regularly, who have turned in some dire performances. Yet wes has to be a superstar every week to get a run in the team.

Hughton has a bit if an issue playing wes. Simple. If we were playing well and getting results your argument would probably be valid.

our results were better in the first half of the season than the second so far. We looked great with the

----tettey---------

Fer-----howson

combination, which unfortunately was broken due to injury.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]our results were better in the first half of the season than the second so far. We looked great with the

----tettey---------

Fer-----howson

combination, which unfortunately was broken due to injury.[/quote]

If like to see that with Hoolahan, snodgrass and hooper in front of them. Like this;

Tettey

Fer Howson

Snodgrass Hoolahan

Hooper.

We''d probably already be safe if Hoolahan had started every home game.

Looking at our last 3 seasons in the Premier League, the majority of our wins have coincided with Wes playing. It aint a coincidence.

His movement and forward thinking is refreshing and actually takes a lot of pressure of the midfield when we''re in possession as not only do they have an easy out ball in Wes, they also have one who can dribble, retain possession and release it.

Of course he''ll give the ball away at times, it''s the nature of his role. But ive constantly said he needs to be played more, and it''s probably been Hughtons biggest mistake this season.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]you have to play well when given the chance. At the start of the season when given the chance, he was terrible. He was given the chance v man u and played well, so was then played the next game but was absolutely awful.

You have to give the manager a reason to play you. (instead of just kicking up a $hitstorm)[/quote]

God you talk crap, does snodgrass or bas song have to do this???

[quote user="mrs miggins"]our results were better in the first half of the season than the second so far. We looked great with the

----tettey---------

Fer-----howson

combination, which unfortunately was broken due to injury.[/quote]

We won ONE game with that combination. Unless I am mistaken they only started three together and we lost two of those 3-1.

And Wes was good today, rest of midfield was better and we were up against a very weak midfield so it all fell in place. But he wasn''t our best player. And he is only useful in certain situations. Against rubbish teams like Sunderland.

Don''t know, i think Bassong gets in the team for being out best CB at the club, and i think Snodgrass gets in the team for being our most productive winger both in terms of goals than assists.

But y''know, if there''s a more logical reason for it i''d love to know..

Elmander set up the first goal and the second goal was a Tettey thunderbolt and Howson looked every inch a Premiership player so whilst Hoolahan had a good game lets not go overboard and lets aim the praise at the team performance and the manager for getting the team and tactics spot on today......

Inconsistent, perhaps. But if 11 of our ''first team'' had played at their best in 90% of the games this season, we''d be comfortable already and probably in a Newcastle type position.

For me, he''s in there every time. Take him off at half time if he''s having a bad game (I can admit that when he is having a bad game, he perhaps doesn''t add all that much), but certainly at home he should be starting every game.

Long Drives Home wrote:

God you talk ***, does snodgrass or bas song have to do this???

--------

Well snodgrass has been playing as much as he has mainly because of other players injuries as well as the fact that you know what your going to get from him (unlike redmond who is inconsistent and pilks who either looks like he doesn''t care, or is great for one half and then anonymous the next). With Bassong, on his day he is without doubt our best CB as well as performing better than the likes of Bennett when he (Bennett) has had the chance to play a few games in a row.

Yet we are talking about Hoolahan, a luxury player who has been pretty poor when given the chance, just like any of the other players given a chance to shine when they''ve been on the bench in the previous game. In what way am I talking $hit? I think you undervalue the likes of snodgrass and Bassong and don''t look at the real picture thats there. The reason why we''ve played Bassong and Snodgrass so much is also to do with the fact that they fit into a more rigid system that Hughton has

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Long Drives Home wrote:

God you talk ***, does snodgrass or bas song have to do this???

--------

Well snodgrass has been playing as much as he has mainly because of other players injuries as well as the fact that you know what your going to get from him (unlike redmond who is inconsistent and pilks who either looks like he doesn''t care, or is great for one half and then anonymous the next). With Bassong, on his day he is without doubt our best CB as well as performing better than the likes of Bennett when he (Bennett) has had the chance to play a few games in a row.

Yet we are talking about Hoolahan, a luxury player who has been pretty poor when given the chance, just like any of the other players given a chance to shine when they''ve been on the bench in the previous game. In what way am I talking $hit? I think you undervalue the likes of snodgrass and Bassong and don''t look at the real picture thats there. The reason why we''ve played Bassong and Snodgrass so much is also to do with the fact that they fit into a more rigid system that Hughton has[/quote]

Hoolahan has not been poor when given the chance. Open your eyes!! The midfield were superb today, Hoolahan deserves to stay there for a proper run in the team.