Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Match thread

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Lake District Canary is missing[/quote]Well, it''s just possible he''s at the match.[/quote]

dont be silly

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Lake District Canary is missing[/quote]Well, it''s just possible he''s at the match.[/quote]

dont be silly

[quote user="city4eva"]I said ages ago that i dont want to see RVW in a yellow shirt again, I still stand by that, of course he isnt the only problem today but he offers nothing[/quote]

second that!

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Lake District Canary is missing[/quote]
He''s allegedly in Swansea at the game.
Presumably as he anticipated our capitulation and figured Hughton may be in need of some "hand relief" at half time.

[quote user="city4eva"]I have seen enough of him when he has had the ball to realise that he cant control it, cant pass it, gets knocked off the ball to easily, and most importantly cant score, but if you think thats ok maybe its you that is dumb although the name calling is uncalled for[/quote]He''s a f**king goal poacher for christ sake, you could give him 300 games in our setup and he still wouldn''t play the target man role as well as someone who actually plays that role e.g. CarrollHe''s not there to pass the ball around, hold the ball up or perform intricate traps and control, he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls ffs.I DON''T think his lack of goals is ok, but until we actually consistently give him the ammunition he needs and play to his strengths then he''s always going to underperform, and surely this should be blindingly obvious to anyone who''s regularly watched the guy.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Lake District Canary is missing[/quote]
Presumably as he anticipated our capitulation and figured Hughton may be in need of some "hand relief" at half time.
[/quote]THAT made me laugh :)

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="city4eva"]I have seen enough of him when he has had the ball to realise that he cant control it, cant pass it, gets knocked off the ball to easily, and most importantly cant score, but if you think thats ok maybe its you that is dumb although the name calling is uncalled for[/quote]He''s a f**king goal poacher for christ sake, you could give him 300 games in our setup and he still wouldn''t play the target man role as well as someone who actually plays that role e.g. CarrollHe''s not there to pass the ball around, hold the ball up or perform intricate traps and control, he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls ffs.I DON''T think his lack of goals is ok, but until we actually consistently give him the ammunition he needs and play to his strengths then he''s always going to underperform, and surely this should be blindingly obvious to anyone who''s regularly watched the guy.[/quote]RVW will leave us, when he does it will be to an inferior quality league, I wish him well and hope he bangs them in for fun... if he leaves us and goes to another Premiership, a Serie A or La Liga side then I will agree he is a good striker..He''s shit.. i''m sorry but he is!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="city4eva"]I have seen enough of him when he has had the ball to realise that he cant control it, cant pass it, gets knocked off the ball to easily, and most importantly cant score, but if you think thats ok maybe its you that is dumb although the name calling is uncalled for[/quote]He''s a f**king goal poacher for christ sake, you could give him 300 games in our setup and he still wouldn''t play the target man role as well as someone who actually plays that role e.g. CarrollHe''s not there to pass the ball around, hold the ball up or perform intricate traps and control, he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls ffs.I DON''T think his lack of goals is ok, but until we actually consistently give him the ammunition he needs and play to his strengths then he''s always going to underperform, and surely this should be blindingly obvious to anyone who''s regularly watched the guy.[/quote]

So despite the arguments you agree with me that he shouldnt play and offers nothing in our current setup

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Lake District Canary is missing[/quote]
[/quote]

He''s probably hanging around with RVW.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]He''s not there to pass the ball around, hold the ball up or perform intricate traps and control, he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls ffs.[/quote]
You mean like that chance vs. Sunderland last week 3 yards out when he should have scored and missed the whole goal? He''s had chances to be fair, he just isn''t clinical enough at this level.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="city4eva"]I have seen enough of him when he has had the ball to realise that he cant control it, cant pass it, gets knocked off the ball to easily, and most importantly cant score, but if you think thats ok maybe its you that is dumb although the name calling is uncalled for[/quote]He''s a f**king goal poacher for christ sake, you could give him 300 games in our setup and he still wouldn''t play the target man role as well as someone who actually plays that role e.g. CarrollHe''s not there to pass the ball around, hold the ball up or perform intricate traps and control, he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls ffs.I DON''T think his lack of goals is ok, but until we actually consistently give him the ammunition he needs and play to his strengths then he''s always going to underperform, and surely this should be blindingly obvious to anyone who''s regularly watched the guy.[/quote]
To be fair Indy, he has had several good chances in and around the 6 yard box this season and failed to convert. I can think of at least two tap ins (including the one last week) where he has barely connected with the ball and it has gone flying across the area when any kind of meaningful touch would have put it in. He also had the header last week which he really should have put in.
To say he is a poacher and doesn''t get any service doesn''t bear up to facts when he has missed quite a few sitters.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]He''s not there to pass the ball around, hold the ball up or perform intricate traps and control, he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls ffs.[/quote]
You mean like that chance vs. Sunderland last week 3 yards out when he should have scored and missed the whole goal? He''s had chances to be fair, he just isn''t clinical enough at this level.
[/quote]

Or the chested effort against Villa, that most strikers of any level would have buried.

Indybones does agree though he just likes to argue and start swearing

Snoddy nearly scores.Gutiérrez is on for Wes.

Snodgrass has really put himself in the POTS frame for me after a poor start to the season. He is showing the most effort and commitment out there.

when he has the chance to get into those positions he doesn''t. he always behind 2 defenders when the ball is crossed.

If he was the goal poacher you claim him to be he would be stuck in that 6 yard area every time we got into a scoring position.

Becchio has more chance scoring from the bench than RvW

So despite making two defensive changes to the team, we now end up attacking ..... go figure?  Seems to be more fire out there on the pitch now.  The only thing burning the first half was this thread. [:)]

[quote user="city4eva"]You mean like that chance vs. Sunderland last week 3 yards out when he should have scored and missed the whole goal? He''s had chances to be fair, he just isn''t clinical enough at this level.Or the chested effort against Villa, that most strikers of any level would have buried.

Indybones does agree though he just likes to argue and start swearing[/quote]He absolutely should have done better with some of the chances he''s had recently, but he''s a player going through a torrid patch, clearly low on self-confidence and desperate to perform.If we''d actually played to his strengths from day one we could have seen a completely different player, but apparently that''s RVW''s fault rather than the manager''s for using him the way he has.Next season we''ll stick Snoddy in the defensive holding role instead of Tettey and then bitch that he''s not good enough...On a side note, I don''t like to argue, but if I don''t agree with something I will make my opinion known - surely that''s the point of a message board?

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]So despite making two defensive changes to the team, we now end up attacking ..... go figure?  Seems to be more fire out there on the pitch now.  [/quote]Nah, they''ve gone back to standing around doing nothing now.  Swansea duly carve them open as Shelvey narrowly misses.

"he''s there to stick the ball in the net after receiving a through ball

or quick pass across the area, and we are NOT giving him those balls

ffs"

He has had plenty enough chances to have banged a few goals in since the start of the season. Nobody is saying he should be up there with Bony in the goalscoring charts, but Hooper has created a few goals out of nothing this season and any striker with quality would be able to do that. Most of us are wondering what on earth RVW has done to justify starting before Hooper yet again today. Can you tell me? What I know is that yesterday RVW was on course to score 100 goals by the time he''d played his 2500th game for us, and in half an hour he will be extending that to 100 goals by the time he has scored his 2600th game. And yet he is lightyears ahead of Emile Heskey apparently, 17th all time highest PL goalscorer, lollolololol

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]So despite making two defensive changes to the team, we now end up attacking ..... go figure?  Seems to be more fire out there on the pitch now.  [/quote]Nah, they''ve gone back to standing around doing nothing now.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="city4eva"]You mean like that chance vs. Sunderland last week 3 yards out when he should have scored and missed the whole goal? He''s had chances to be fair, he just isn''t clinical enough at this level.Or the chested effort against Villa, that most strikers of any level would have buried.

Indybones does agree though he just likes to argue and start swearing[/quote]He absolutely should have done better with some of the chances he''s had recently, but he''s a player going through a torrid patch, clearly low on self-confidence and desperate to perform.If we''d actually played to his strengths from day one we could have seen a completely different player, but apparently that''s RVW''s fault rather than the manager''s for using him the way he has.Next season we''ll stick Snoddy in the defensive holding role instead of Tettey and then bitch that he''s not good enough...On a side note, I don''t like to argue, but if I don''t agree with something I will make my opinion known - surely that''s the point of a message board?[/quote]

I agree with you now, that Hughton has a lot to answer for when it comes to RVW, thats one of the reasons he shouldnt still be here. If he goes at the end of the season and RVW stays maybe we will see a different RVW next year

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Got to win next week otherwise we''re going down[/quote]

Not sure about that, i think 32 points may be enough to stay up