Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Match thread

I appreciate its all about opinions but I can''t agree with RVW keeping out Hooper unless the latter is carrying an injury.

I''m happy to be convinced I''m wrong!!

Bony will be the difference today. It''s been in the media so much this week that we chose RvW over a move for Bony so we''re bound to regret this come 5pm.

Unfortunately I''m not positive today. We rarely produce anything too inspiring after a win. I''m going for a 3-0 win for Swansea.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Finally Hughton picks the same team! Other than Yobo which can''t be helped.

Critically it''s the same midfield that played superbly last time.[/quote]However Swansea away is a different proposition to Sunderland at home.

Good idea to start with strikers who are good at closing down the back four, Our plan seems to be to press them high up the pitch, which is a good plan against swansea, but lets see how well we can make it work and take the game to them. It will either work well, or go horribly wrong imo

RVW continually being picked over Hooper is a joke. If Hoots manages to alienate Hooper as well as Wes then he wi regret it.

Other than that pleased we are being positive.

Shame about Yobo, and I personally would not have played Wes in this game, but understand why not when considering the performance last week and no Fer to pick. 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Finally Hughton picks the same team! Other than Yobo which can''t be helped.

Critically it''s the same midfield that played superbly last time.[/quote]However Swansea away is a different proposition to Sunderland at home.[/quote]
Yes, but playing high pressure attacking football works very well against them.

Honestly don''t get people''s fascination with Hooper, he''s been utter rubbish since December, and doesn''t close down defenders/link up play half as well as RVW does.

RVW/Elmander worked well last week, let them build on it this

8-1 to Swansea after being 8-0 down with LDC to tell us how we got it all wrong when we score the consolation. How the 1 goal proves he''s been right all along and Hughton is the greatest manager ever

Belief rarely shown away from home. We''ve played ok in SOME away games but the belief to go and win the game is rarely there. Hence why we will lose today in another predictable defeat.

In a lot of games this season the opposition''s players seem much better than us technically - crisper passes and more accurate - so we always seem to be chasing games.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]20% possession and we can''t string 2 passes together...Not a great start is it?[/quote]Yeah we look a bit static when we are in possession and we are giving the ball away easily but I don''t think we were ever going to boss Swansea in the possession stats.

wolf is so out of his depth, we have several better players including the youngsters that are more worthy than wolf and elmander at the minutelets hope the players are fit, they are going to be chasing the ball for most of this, will be knackered by half time if it carries on this way

on a plus point tetteys goal last week looks like its done him the world of good, looks much more confident and comfortable