Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

All too much...

I was a regular poster on here but until the other day I hadn''t been on for ages. When we went thro our horrendous losing streak, i didn''t want reminding about football and wasn''t even checking for results on a saturday. I''d always find out at some point and i certainly wasn''t watchin MoTD. I had, shamefully given up the ghost entirely. It just goes to show how impressive it is to keep the belief in the way Nige and the boys have against everything and everyone.

And one saturday evening i was sat in the pub and a rumour floated down the table that Norwich had beaten Man U 2-0. I slammed my pint down and ran out of the reception-less pub to check. Sure enough Ashton and Mckenzie had done the business.

But now, now that there''s a glimmer of light where there seemed only darkness, i find it even more difficult. After listening to the Palace game, for Newcastle and Charlton i just stayed away from all media. Just went for walks and stuff, trying to forget it. This probably ranks me very lowly in the excellent "i''m a better fan than you" post but i just can''t bring myself to listen or watch live anymore. My Mrs hates it ''cos she can''t stand me being so uptight and wound-up. If we go down now it will be just too much. How can football do this?

hey. you hang in there.

my fiance has just told me she''s moving out. as a result, i''m going to lose the house and i may have to get another job. life is horrible. only norwich keeps me sane. and if we go down...well, let''s just say that that much bad luck is just not on.

[quote]hey. you hang in there. my fiance has just told me she''s moving out. as a result, i''m going to lose the house and i may have to get another job. life is horrible. only norwich keeps me sane. and if ...[/quote]

Wow ny, I hope things go ok for you mate

yeah, sorry to hear that ny, that sounds harsh indeed. and relegation on top of that? no-one deserves that!

as barclaykid says, every game i''ve avoided following live, we''ve won so i''m going to have to do the same on sat and for the rest of the games! we really need Newcastle to do us a favour against Palace cos after that game they''re fixtures are no harder than ours. I feel certain that Palace will beat Saints at Selhurst...