Sign in to follow this  
City Till I Die

Bassong!!!

Sorry missed Canary call too many derps on it for me! So what did he say????? Helps if you tell us the reason for your angst!!

I actually couldn''t listen to what he had to say. If he''s the one to get the team going, then we are in trouble. He sounds like he has no belief or oomph whatsoever.

Was awful to listen to, Rob Butler picked up on it immediately as well. Im sure part of it was down to disappointment of the game, but if hes like that as soon as things start going wrong then no wonder we struggle.

What really worries me though is the apparent ''sssh'' gesture to RVW. I agree with Hughton in that players falling out is not a bad thing, jt shows passion. However, a ''sssh'' gesture is basically telling a person to shut up because you aren''t interested in/dont care about what they have to say. That''s not the attitude i would want my captain to have - the body language suggests he didn''t particuarly care about what was happening  

Of all the criticism aimed at Hughton this season, I have to say I find the appointment of Bassong as captain one of the most valid.

Generally you would want someone consistent and who leads by example. In hindsight I''m not sure Bassong is either of those things.

That said, we have suffered from a lack of leadership all over the pitch this season. Hopefully our home form will see us through this year, and it''s something we will be able to address in the Summer.