Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Finding it hard to fathom?

Was last week the blip and this week the return to form?

The only explanation would be that Hughton only insists upon a more fluent formation, starting with Wes, Johan and Wolf/Hooper up top and the intensity and high pressing when his back is against the wall to such an extent that he thinks he''s finished and may as well gamble on the thinking that if it works it will buy time.

This isn''t the first time (probably not the last) and it does just indicate a pattern.

The performances of a potentially good squad just can''t improve if the coaching team feel it acceptable to retreat into a default setting every time following a good result and the easing of tension at the club.

The antiquated English style of football just does not cut it any more, too static,too many square pegs in round holes, players never coached to have time and space to play the pass, formations picked on the basis that every other team plays it.

I personally would walk over hot coals and broken glass to get to the continent and find a coaching staff with genuinely modern ideas. It would be akin to replacing someone from the Flat Earth Society with someone from the Royal Geographical Society.

Ronald Koeman will be on the market in the summer, its time NCFC had the b***s and ruthlessness to steal a march and get talking to his people now.

Record

G W D L GF GA +/- Win %

483 268 103 112 877 490 +387 55.49

More than good enough for NCFC....

Have noticed a point I need to clarify, I am 60/40 confident of survival, firing today or tomorrow would only bring ridicule and a lot of "We told you so" from the massed armies of pundits and hack journos, The remaining games should be with the current coaching staff. The break should be in the summer.

As for any suggestion that talking to any possible replacement now would be destabilising, in truth tapping up and talks before announcements happen anyway, City shouldn''t feel guilty for doing what is best for the club.

Some valid points but I sincerely hope we are talking to potential replacements even though I detect a detrimental and worrying change of attitude with our board this year.

One possible reason is Mr Bowkett''s concentration on his business activities. We need him and Mr McNally to either maintain or regain guidance of the board.