Sign in to follow this  
Alan George

Craig Bellamy-big fish, small pond?

Being up at university in Scotland means it is a long way to travel for home matches. It also means that I get to enjoy Scottish football. Anyway, was out with a mate in Glasgow and he bumped into craig Bellamy at the bar, recently injured for Celtic. He said well done for the goal he scored last Saturday and asked him if he had enjoyed his time at Norwich? Bellamy said that no, he never really enjoyed it, he couldnt wait to leave and the expression he used was that he was a big fish in a small pond. He actually said he was too good for Norich and when my mate joked that he should come back and play for us, he said that he would never go back because he didnt like the club.

I was pretty surprised to hear that considering he made his name at the club.

I think he really does live up to his reputation and i dont think i would take him back anyway now.

To be fair, he would have made a good signing when we needed a striker but would anyone want to trade Bellamy for Ashton now?

Didn''t think so

If any of you have read Iwans diary of last season (and if you haven''t - shame on you) it seems that Bellers was constantly labelling himself "the best player at the club" and was regularly ridiculed about it, and on one occasion locked in the coach toilet on the return from an away match.

Don''t think he will ever lose that arrogant streak, but I for one would have him at my club in a shot. As long as the manager handles him the right way.

Bellamy will never be a Big fish in a big pond to use his analogy, he would never make it at Madrid, as there are too many egos there for his liking.

I think he has found his home at Celtic, as he is likely to be the best striker in that league, and will be hero worshipped like Larsson.

This sounds like a bit of an unlikely story to me. Not that I am calling you or your mate a liar you understand.

Anyway, on a personal note, I will always love bellers, as he did a great job for us while he was here, and perhaps when he left he was playing at a level above his colleagues at the time, with a few notable exceptions. Whenever you read his interviews, he always has a kind word to say about Norwich (much more than he does about Coventry!)

Also, his texts to that smug Shearer this week made me smile.

Good on you Craig!