Sign in to follow this  
Marchant

West Brom next week.

Its now a one game season. Beat West Brom and we should, barring a team down there suddenly hitting Top 4 form be staying up. Lose or draw it and my god we are in trouble.

On this abject performance we deserve to get relegated. If we are going to, that remains to be seen, but with our stats we deserve to go down.

Money down on an away win.

They have more goals in them than us.

We''ll start with RVW and Elmander.

Point made.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]On this abject performance we deserve to get relegated. If we are going to, that remains to be seen, but with our stats we deserve to go down.[/quote]
Agreed Rob, but even more than the stats has to be the gutless effort and performance in a dogfight. Its reminiscent of the championship relegation season, with very few goals being scored by us and players that aren''t up to wearing the shirt!

3 points or we''re down. It really is that simple. Only the permanently

deluded (of which there are still a few around) will genuinely believe

we will get 4 points from liverpool and arsenal considering their

respective positions and need for a result. I said weeks back that we wouldn''t pick up another away point this season and i will be proven right (sorry for sounding like Ricardo). Fulham, Man Utd and

Chelsea have 3 very, very comfortable points in the bag when we come to

town. Personally i think there is too much pressure on the remaining home games, relegation beckons.

So yet another '' last chance saloon '' games looms......I can''t believe that '' Houdini '' Hughton has managed to come up the goods so far but his luck can''t last forever, can it ? He needs it for sure next week for if we lose against West Brom because on all known away form there''s no way on Earth we''ll get anything at Craven Cottage.

Why is everyone surprised? It''s en obvious for months that it would go down to the wire. But 36 points should be safe.

36 will be safe. Is anyone confident that we can get there though? Anything other than 3 points against West Brom will probably see us go down.

[quote user="ricardo"]Why is everyone surprised? It''s en obvious for months that it would go down to the wire. But 36 points should be safe.[/quote]
If Sunderland win Monday night against an indifferent West Ham, I don''t think I will share your confidence so much. That would find them 4 points behind us with 2 games in hand I believe. Not to mention the 3-4 last games will almost be like them having games in hand.
For me Sunderland need to win 3 out of their last 9 games, as I do not believe we will get the 4 points we need (It''ll only count as 3 anyway considering how bad our GD is, and god knows what it will be by the seasons end). I have a bad feeling they will win Monday night (hope I''m wrong and they get stuffed), and if so then it becomes 2 wins needed out of 8 for them IMO.

Excellent observation Seattle Canary - the gutless performances remind me of Championship relegation. I also look at the club and think RVW, Fer, Ruddy, Redmond, Elmander, Gutierrez and Yobo won''t be staying if we go down - so where is the motivation?

If RVW has a release clause I bet he can''t wait for relegation and the chance to join a football team.

If RVW has a release clause then who the hell will want him? Back to a league abroad that is league 1 level for him.

Elmander, Gutierrez and Yobo are all loans, so there motivation will be the same as it has been all along FCC.

I think the consensus on here is that RvW needs to earn the right to stay not the other way around.

Ricky is right it always was going to go to the wire. But I also agree with others that it is going to be the devils own job to eek out another 4 or 5 points.

COYY

Sorry, but I don''t buy the "always going to go to the wire" argument. We have made it difficult for ourselves by not making the most of our chances. I don''t expect to be top 10 but our squad is capable of 40+ points (like Stoke).

Yes we have a squad that is capable of more, and I expect that will be said by supporters of most of the struggling teams.

But it is because of our failure to take our chances that there has been a realisation that it is going to the wire. If we get relegated it will not be today''s result that does for us. It will be failing to beat Cardiff or Villa at home in games we dominated that does for us.

There is no doubt that the crowd will have a huge part to play next weekend....

The crowd always do their bit at home and away.....the team and management will have the biggest part to play next week if they decided to turn up.

[quote user="hurricane"]The crowd always do their bit at home and away.....the team and management will have the biggest part to play next week if they decided to turn up.[/quote]

100% spot on Mr Hurricane.

Don''t agree,if we beat WBA we will stay up , we won''t lose all 5 games and even if we did 35 points will prob be enough anyway

[quote user="alartz"]Even if we beat west brom we are still going down

Our last 5 games we will get 0 points[/quote]

I dont agree, I have thought all season that we will be relegated BUT beating West Brom would be enough IMO 35 points wont get relegated this season