Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

If we stay up will Greeno/Francis go?

Greeno- Maybe.  He could further his career if a massive club came in for him.  However, I''d be very annoyed if Damo left.  He''d only go to a Charlton/Fulham type club.  That could be us in a couple of years!

They have both had a dip in form and therefore I do not think anyone would come up with the kind of money we would want.

i think as the team has put up such a good fight these last handfull of games greeno might just think it worth staying which ever division we may be in fingers crossed the prem. think the same applies to francis but if he doesnt start playing for the entire 90 mins can see him sitting on the bench for lots of games next season. i feel sometimes he lacks the urgency to get about the pitch safri a great example of this never stops running and probing.

well none of the big teams(arsenal, man utd) will come in for green just because he does make mistakes. they won''t be gettin any better than what they have already got, a keeper that can make brilliant saves but does make mistakes and thats what green is

If we stay up it is hard to see what greeno will gain by moving.  He is a guaranteed starter here, will get the exposure needed to keep him in the england frame and will be facing some of the best strikers week in week out.   If an team with euro credentials come in then the attraction is plain, better team, better defendes around you, continued high confidence and even higher profile matches.  I still cant see Arsenal or Manure coming in for him just yet.

Damo is a toughie - he has impressed and his website and agenst suggests his is a bit more mercenary than greeno (could be totally wrong here) so a move to a mid table team on better wages may be attractive.   He has the potential to make an engalnd squad if he could apply himself.  Its down to what Damo wants I guess.

If we get relegated Greeno has to move on - he needs prem footie to keep in the england squad in a world cup season; I wouldnt stay here if we go down if I was him. 

Obviously I would love them both to stay and be the spine the team is built aound. 

OTBC

From BBC Gossip Column

Norwich are lining up a summer move for Rochdale''s 22-year-old goalkeeper Matthew Gilks. (Daily Express)

If, (stress the if) this is true, we will have 5 goalkeepers???? Which makes me think it is a bit wide of the mark. Unless Greeno is going.

I would rather lose greeno, and use the money to keep Shacks, and gete in another central defender.

Francis - if we go down, he will be gone, of that I have no doubt.

Not sure on that one to be honest.

Green will go if we go down simply to get some cash in to re-build some areas of the team.

Francis, hemmmm. Well to be honest if someone offered £3 million for him I think the club would find it hard to turn it down for exactly the same reason. We could find another midfielder for  half that, Idiakez would probably cost £1 mil and he is good enough.

As for this rumour on a new keeper, it doesnt surprise me. Ward is around 30 isnt he? Gallacher is 25 ish and Lewis is 16-17. That would suggest that we may possibly part with Green but it may also mean that we will loan out Lewis next season to get some pro experience. Or as Rioch once said about Marshall;

"He needs to get kicked in the face a couple of times!"

That was after Marshall repeatedly coward away from arial challenges and coming out to slide and get the ball. Fair play, you dont play in goal if you are a coward!

[quote]Not sure on that one to be honest. Green will go if we go down simply to get some cash in to re-build some areas of the team. Francis, hemmmm. Well to be honest if someone offered £3 million for him...[/quote]

He certainly felt it the other day!!!!

[quote]From BBC Gossip Column Norwich are lining up a summer move for Rochdale''s 22-year-old goalkeeper Matthew Gilks. (Daily Express) If, (stress the if) this is true, we will have 5 goalkeepers???? Whic...[/quote]

Like you say, 5 is a bit far fetched! Even if Green went we''d still have 3, then if we got this other keeper but we dont need this other one we''d have 4!

Why do we need another keeper when we have ahem Darren Ward in reserve at the mo, he could beocme number 1! Oh and Gallacher who would become 2nd choice if Green went! Then Lewis makes 3. Another would make 4 then 5 if Green stayed.

If Green goes we have perfect cover so why would we ened a Rochdale keeper? Its beyond me.

We''ll see what happens...