Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Honestly Could you Suffer This Torture for Another Season

One step forward, at least two back...
We beat Spurs, great. Lose 4-1 to Villa...
Beat and play very well against Sunderland, next game 2-0 down at HT...
Even during games, Man.C we hold them off, make them look pretty average are gifted a couple of fantastic opportunities to win the match and fail to take them. Cardiff actually took the lead then threw it away.
So many examples of thais happening this season and last. No progression under Hughton. No individual player development. No tactical development. For me he is quite clearly not up to managing at this level.

Unfortunately some fans have no expectations beyond Premier League survivial. They look at the table, even after performances such as todays, and see that we''re clear of relegation, and thus are quiet content.Some of us want more than that.The problem, of course, is that the board apparently fall into the former category.

"and see that we''re clear of relegation"We are a very long way away from being clear of relegation looking at the live table, and the games in hand, and our last four fixtures. With Palace, Swansea, and West Brom currently winning.

I agree wholeheartedly. We''re still in very real danger, despite the complacency from some fans.My comment was more on the lines of the current league table. The shortsighted amongst us only seem to focus on that......And i include McNally in that statement.

I couldn''t believe it when Jas the barclay king said we were safe last week.In 20 minutes time we have 6 games left to play and 4 against the big boys (1 point this season against the big teams).Sunderland will have 9 games left to play and just last season pulled off a bit of an escape act under Di Canio. We are in real danger if Sunderland find form. I think we will scrape 17th, but not a foregone conclusion.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I couldn''t believe it when Jas the barclay king said we were safe last week.

In 20 minutes time we have 6 games left to play and 4 against the big boys (1 point this season against the big teams).

Sunderland will have 9 games left to play and just last season pulled off a bit of an escape act under Di Canio.

We are in real danger if Sunderland find form. I think we will scrape 17th, but not a foregone conclusion.
[/quote]

I''m afraid the yellow tinted specs will be put away again tonight. It is sweet in its own way . But this is the most one dimensional coaching set up we have ever had. More half time panic. Has no ability to change anything.

Answer to the OP ''s question NO I COULDN''T ! I think it''s utter crap to watch and I think the management is to blame. So I think Hughton has to be sacked whatever the outcome is

No chance of him being here next season now. Stay up and go and get Rosler.

"But this is the most one dimensional coaching set up we have ever had!spot onthis was a totally inept performance that was devoid of any spark or flairtime and time again Shelvey was left with acres of space when sat outside the boxplayers seem to be strugglin with what they know they should do and what Hughton is drumming into them at Colneyif we do stay up I fear it will take a massive effort for the club to convince many of the squad that their future and development will be best servedby staying at Carrow Road the damage he has wrought could be long lasting

No. When you in a rut (away from home), you lack confidence that you will ever get out, and opponents are confident of beating you.

This can''t go on. Whatever happens to us at the end of the season, we must have a fresh approach and, sadly, a new manager.

I simply follow NCFC - if that means suffering more torture I will continue to endure.

I and most fans will remain far beyond any faux committed badge kissing player or the people employed to pick the team

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Anyone who thinks clueless hughton will or should be manager of norwich city fc next season is deluded and removed from reality[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more It''s like it''s acceptable to lose the way we do and play that badly

It''s been bad but especially bad for those hardy souls who mainly attend away games.You wouldn''t think so by reading this forum but Chris Hughton''s got off pretty lightly as most of our really wretched displays have been on the road.If even half those '' no shows '' had been at Carrow Road in front of 20,000-odd season ticket holders you can bet the restless natives would''ve stormed the gates by now.