Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Nothing has changed

Basically this has been my response to the last few results, why?, well in my opinion nothing has changed after the defeat against Swansea in the same way nothing changed after the win against Sunderland......we still need to win against WBA, our survival is still in our own hands and Chris Hughton still needs to be replaced a manager even if we stay up. Oh and our woeful away form has still not changed, based on the Bassong post match interview it would appear we need a sports pyschologist rather than a football coach, as for some reason the big green thing with white lines and white posts seems to be scaring the players away from CR........

Faded,

The psychologist point I wholeheartedly agree with, although people would probably expect an overnight change in mindset after an hour or so with the psychologist, which is unlikely to happen. The mindset (thinking) the players have, or anybody for that matter, has been formed over time and therefore to change this also takes time, that''s not to say it would not make a difference but a programme of sessions now would probably take a couple of months to fully implement, time we don''t have. Furthermore, whetther it be the psychologist him/herself or someone within the team/management team, there needs to be a champion, who continues to embed the new learning.

I think if the club took this seriously, and most clubs don''t for some reason, yet other sports do, then an impact would be felt next season if they started in earnest very soon.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Basically this has been my response to the last few results, why?, well in my opinion nothing has changed after the defeat against Swansea in the same way nothing changed after the win against Sunderland......we still need to win against WBA, our survival is still in our own hands and Chris Hughton still needs to be replaced a manager even if we stay up. Oh and our woeful away form has still not changed, based on the Bassong post match interview it would appear we need a sports pyschologist rather than a football coach, as for some reason the big green thing with white lines and white posts seems to be scaring the players away from CR........[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

The manager seems to want to be more positive and attacking, but yesterday there was yet another no show. What''s the explanation?

They, the team'' don''t understand what he wants.

They are confused about tactics.

The Manager can''t motivate the team ( - at home perhaps it''s the crowd which does it?Or they can only succeed if the crowd nullifies the opposition to some extent.).

The team are afraid - like a rabbit in the headlights.

They are not all behind the manager, despite public utterance, but they will play in a committed way for the sake of the supporters

It may be more than one of these, or something altogether different. The pattern is similar to last season, but much worse, this difference between home and away. How do you explain one of the better home records, and just about the worst away record.

Whatever the cause, I fear that Hughton does not seem to know what the problem is.

Salopian - Personally I think a combination of all of the things you list play their part. I really do not understand how we can quickly go from winning against Sunderland to losing so badly at Swansea. I went to Swansea and I was surprised that we had stuck with the same formation as used for Sunderland, on the basis that Swansea and Sunderland are two very different teams, I was totally mystified by the half time changes as I could not see what was to be gained by removing two of our more attack minded/creative players. I can only assume the change was to give us more bodies in midfield and for a whole two or three minutes it looked like it might work before Swansea reverted back to passing their way around our non existent midfield. The reaction of RVW to being subbed, the reprted Bassong/RVW post match spat and the post match comments of Bassong leave me feeling that all is not well.

My feeling is that Chris Hughton does not know how to motivate the team, is tactically naive, and we do not have a natural leader on the pitch.

The result against WBA will go a long way to determining the long term Premiership future of NCFC so Chis Hughton and the players need to sort themselves out very, very quickly.

Should we lose against WBA then for the first time I will feel something has changed and that is the chances of us being relegated will have increased significantly. Lose against WBA and we will have to break the Fulham jinx, nulify Suarez, avoid a drubbing at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge and het someting on the last day of the season aginst Arsenal, how many of us are now sure that is within the capability of Chris Hughton and the players?..........

I am given to understand that Radio Norfolk reported that Bassong and RVW had "words", the suggestion being that RVW had something to say about our defending and Bassong telling RVW that he should concentrate on his job and let the defender concentrate on theirs....