Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Have to hand it to Van Wolfswinkel...

Ali Dia only managed to con 21 minutes of Premier League football out of Graeme Souness.Van Wolfswinkel has conned Hughton out of 23 games.What a lad!

And conned Sporting Lisbonand even the Dutch national teammy he is good .......

............... or in the real world Hughton and his coaching staff are sh   ite

How about we give RVW 23 games where we don''t ask him to play a target man role, and actually attempt more than 1 through ball a season before writing him off?It really is the square peg in a round pole problem and THAT is not his fault (even if some of his misses certainly are).

I don''t think he''s suited to a team that spends most of the game on the back foot. He''d be a good impact sub at somewhere like City when they are 3-0 up and want to take the mick.

[quote user="City1st"]And conned Sporting Lisbonand even the Dutch national teammy he is good .......

............... or in the real world Hughton and his coaching staff are sh   ite

[/quote]Exactly. Still people refuse to acknowledge the fact that under Hughton

and his coaches all of our strikers have looked like shadows of their

former selves.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]How about we give RVW 23 games where we don''t ask him to play a target man role, and actually attempt more than 1 through ball a season before writing him off?It really is the square peg in a round pole problem and THAT is not his fault (even if some of his misses certainly are).[/quote]

dont think we can keep using these excuses anymore?...over the course of the season we''ve tried everything to accomodate him,

up front on his own, with a target man, with Hooper, with Hoolahan behind him, with Fer behind him, in a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers, in a 4-3-3 with 2 wide men cuting in to support?...........name me something we havent tried yet??.....time to face facts, he''s not up to it in this league.

Agreed GLC. He is just not up to the standard needed for this league, and i doubt he would be that much better in the championship. Its time to accept that its not a case of us not playing to his strengths and realise he isn''t up to the level that we are.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]over the course of the season we''ve tried everything to accomodate him,up front on his own, with a target man, with Hooper, with Hoolahan behind him, with Fer behind him, in a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers, in a 4-3-3 with 2 wide men cuting in to support?...........name me something we havent tried yet??.....time to face facts, he''s not up to it in this league.[/quote]No, no, no, no, no and no ffs.We have NOT tried to accomodate him, we''ve simply played different formations and players and NONE of them have played the consistent types of ball that a goal poacher like him needs to perform.I remember Chelsea fans saying that Sutton was terrible when they signed him, and he struggled for goals as well, but the reason was similar there, in that they kept playing short balls into feet for him when he was at his best in the air dealing with crosses.No matter how good a player may be, if you don''t play to their strengths they will NEVER perform to their maximum.We can try 50 different formations and combinations of players, but if we''re still asking RVW to play as a target man and not giving him the through balls past the defence or across the area then he''ll continue to do jack for us.I can''t remember the last time I saw such shocking misuse of a player which has lead to unfair criticism and a real blow to the guys confidence. For this alone Hughton should walk IMHO.

[quote user="JF"]Agreed GLC. He is just not up to the standard needed for this league, and i doubt he would be that much better in the championship. Its time to accept that its not a case of us not playing to his strengths and realise he isn''t up to the level that we are.[/quote][quote user="City1st"]yeswhen he doesn''t play we bag hatfulls of goals

[/quote]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]over the course of the season we''ve tried everything to accomodate him,up front on his own, with a target man, with Hooper, with Hoolahan behind him, with Fer behind him, in a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers, in a 4-3-3 with 2 wide men cuting in to support?...........name me something we havent tried yet??.....time to face facts, he''s not up to it in this league.[/quote]No, no, no, no, no and no ffs.We have NOT tried to accomodate him, we''ve simply played different formations and players and NONE of them have played the consistent types of ball that a goal poacher like him needs to perform.I remember Chelsea fans saying that Sutton was terrible when they signed him, and he struggled for goals as well, but the reason was similar there, in that they kept playing short balls into feet for him when he was at his best in the air dealing with crosses.No matter how good a player may be, if you don''t play to their strengths they will NEVER perform to their maximum.We can try 50 different formations and combinations of players, but if we''re still asking RVW to play as a target man and not giving him the through balls past the defence or across the area then he''ll continue to do jack for us.I can''t remember the last time I saw such shocking misuse of a player which has lead to unfair criticism and a real blow to the guys confidence. For this alone Hughton should walk IMHO.[/quote]

so what exactly are his "strengths" that you speak of??......answers on a postcard

If a player needs accommodating to be even the slightest bit effective then he probably isn''t all that good.Hooper is a poacher too, and has done a lot better than RVW over the course of this season.We hardly played to Holt''s strengths last season by sticking him up top on his own and yet he finished the season with 8 goals.What you are pretty much saying is that if we can get the ball to his feet in and around the six yard box he will score goals. Well I''ve got news for you mate.... the same applies to any professional striker. If you are saying that Van Wolfswinkel needs the ball in a certain place, at a certain time, in a certain way, to score goals..... then clearly he is a one dimensional and highly limited player who doesn''t have enough strings to his bow to make it in this league.I''m pretty sure that we could say much the same about any failing striker. If you can stick a cross on Becchio''s head at the back post he''d probably stick the ball in the net. Besides.... Van Wolfswinkel has missed several one on ones this season, and several chances where he''s been unmarked and in space in the box. Twice he has mishit it.I''m not buying this crap anymore. He is severely limited and doesn''t have enough about his game to be effective in this league. We''d have been better off with Kei Kamara who probably didn''t have the finesse or a great deal of composure but could at least put himself about and would steal a headed goal every so often.

"so what exactly are his "strengths" that you speak of??......answers on a postcard"why not ask the Dutch national coaches ?or maybe explain why when he has not played we have not scored goalsor has his presence at the club put a jinx on our scoring ?

.......... or is there another influence that is causing that jinx ?

Pretty sure he had 2 balls that any ''poacher'' would have buried last week, he missed both pathetically, one failing to connect with a tap in 3 yards out. Today Elmander drove the perfect ball across the face of the goal in the 1st have that was asking to be attacked. Our ''poacher'' was standing still 15 yards out. To call him a goal poacher is to call Hoolahan an arial threat!

"why not ask the Dutch national coaches?"He has had a few minutes here and there in meaningless friendlies.Holland are marginally better than England with a knack of doing well in tournaments if they don''t f*ck up qualification (which they have done several times in recent history).David Nugent, Jay Bothroyd and Bobby Zamora getting a few England caps between them in mid season friendlies did not make any of them the next Alan Shearer, just like Van Wolfswinkle getting a few minutes does not make him the next Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

[quote user="City1st"]"so what exactly are his "strengths" that you speak of??......answers on a postcard"why not ask the Dutch national coaches ?or maybe explain why when he has not played we have not scored goalsor has his presence at the club put a jinx on our scoring ?

.......... or is there another influence that is causing that jinx ?

[/quote]

he'' s hardly a regular in the Holland squad now is he?....but instead of asking these "dutch coaches" you mention, I''m asking any Norwich fan who has like me been watching him all season to tell me just "one" of his strengths, as I''ve been watching Norwich for 35 years and I appear to have somehow missed this?   heading?,strength?,speed?,hold-up play?,finishing?,shooting from distance?.....I''m running out , can anyone help me??

I said about five months ago that the wolf is really a turkey. I was ridiculed for that comment. Now, I have nothing to declare but my genius.

Nothing like the sound of £8.5m washing down to the Championship.

Hi is a goal poacher GLC! If we can pass him the ball 2 yards out with an open goal then we are in business!

all of them - which will be shown once Hughton has gonenow perhaps you might care to tell us if there is any coincidence with the team having the LOWEST scoring ratio is AANy season in it''s history and RVW''s failings

[quote user="City1st"]all of them - which will be shown once Hughton has gone

now perhaps you might care to tell us if there is any coincidence with the team having the LOWEST scoring ratio is AANy season in it''s history and RVW''s failings

[/quote]

I admire your continuous attempts at swerving the subject but can you name ,from what youve seen of him this season one, just one of his strengths?

the only person on this thread to have a stab at it so far held him up as a "goal poacher"......which was unanimously laughed out of court.

"Well that tells us all we need to know about you Le Juge"

That I don''t overrate the Dutch national team like you do?The FIFA World Rankings have got Holland in 11th and England in 12th. They have given Ron Vlaar (Villa), Jon Heitenga (Fulham), Leroy Fer (Norwich), Dwight Tiendalli (Swansea), and Van Wolfswinkel (Norwich) caps this year.If they are having to use players from the bottom half of the Premier League then they are hardly Spain are they.

Not to mention their 3 defeats in the group stage of Euro 2012, finishing bottom of their group on 0 points.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"why not ask the Dutch national coaches?"[/quote]Michael Ricketts played for England once....

And this bloke played for Holland...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins_JohnStill only 28 years of age!

Whereas I must now admit that RvW has disappointed me and not shown as much as I would have hoped I must also say that it is no coincidence that Grant Holt''s goalscoring also dried up considerably under Hughton.

Gary Hooper also had a very good record for scoring goals ............ until he came to us.

Elmander is a seasoned international of whom Ibrahimovic speaks very highly.......... but he has only scored one league goal for us.

Luciano Becchio has a very good record but obviously is considered to be a lesser player than either RvW, Hooper or Elmander as he doesn''t get a game.

Could it be, just possibly be, that our manager and his coaching staff really don''t have much of an idea when it comes to attacking play?