Sign in to follow this  
Raedwald

Swansea were just too good!

Swansea hadn''t won a game since Cardiff... then we turn upAston Villa had one of the worst home records in the league.... but then we turn upFulham have the worst goal difference in the league... oh then we play them at Carrow RoadCardiff hadn''t won in the league till the 14th December.... then little old Norwich appearedAnyone see a pattern?The struggerling clubs around us must love it !

[quote user="unique"]IHoolahan proved today that he should only play in home matches. His contribution was nothing short of woeful, notable only by a last ditch clearance to stave off another goal.[/quote]Hoolahan may not have been at his best in his unfavored role on the left wing, but still put in a better performance than Jonas Gutierrez who replaced him. 

exactly GJP - we needed some pace in there somewhere as well as shoring up the midfield with 5.

Jonas did give us a presence, although I thought he was clearly not match fit.

BJ did not and simply made things worse, no tackles and poor passing so added nothing to help shore us up and gave us nothing going forward.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what did he do differently today from last week. Chalk and cheese in performance. Or does Hughton tell the players to play differently away from home?

[/quote]On 27/3/14 Nutty Nigel wrote on the '' Our away form is despicable thread '' :".....if we are 0-2 down at half time on Saturday I wouldn''t expect anyone there to be saying " Never mind we won last week "  [;)] "What an outrageous slur on City fans Nutty!! As LDC was there in person I''m sure in due course he''ll be delighted to enlighten us as to how he showed those Welsh hordes what jolly good sports we really are [;)][/quote]

I reckon if Lakey went up to City fans at half-time and said nevermind we were 2-0 up at this time last week he''d have to be a bit radio rental wouldn''t he? [;)]

There''s some good knowledgeable posters on here saying Hughton himself was a bit radio rental for not changing the side from last week. Just as there were some good knowledgeable posters on the thgread before the game suggesting he''d be radio rental to change a winning team. I tend to think same players or suggested changes wouldn''t make any difference because our performances away are becoming a joke. Last night I watched Worthy on the football league show. He''s doing remarkably well at York in case you didn''t know. Anyway, it made me think about what he used to say about having to go toe to toe with the opposition ands earn the right to play your football. This struck a chord with me having just watched our game at Swansea. Away from home we rarely seem up for that fight and yet at home we impose ourselves on the opposition much more. The players who stand out in these poor away displays and get the most critcism are probably whole hearted players who deserve their place. The ones who are unnoticed are probably the ones that are letting the manager and their team mates down. Would sacking the manager put this right? Who knows!  It didn''t last time the manager was blamed like this....

I wish somebody somewhere could come up with a half decent reasoned argument which explains why we are so crap away from home.

We can all blame CH as "the buck stops man" and certainly in the past tactical issues have cost us dearly, but yesterday there were so many totally shit performances, defending throughout the whole team was appauling, it''s individual and collective performance which all went south.