Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

You Can Thank The Critics For That Performance

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ll second that, Levi.Rudolph speaks more sense in one sentence than Lakey, Morty, KTF and NN have in their entire posting output.[/quote]I''m struggling to find the one sentence you are refering to Reggie. I can''t be bothered to go through Rude Old''s entire posting history to find it so a link would be useful. [+o(]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, we win last week and everyone takes their eye off the ball and their foot off the pedal. One good game, a jewel in a cow pat of a season and the expectations evaporate.

Today was always going to be a tough game. The least it should have been was a tough game for Swansea......but it wasn''t.

The defence was lacksadasical with Bassong back to his dozy worst. This man won''t be Captain material for as long as his @rse points downwards. He was a disastrous decision for captain. And to shush RVW for complaining about his defenders constantly spunking possession away is really telling.

The game wasn''t even lost after the first goal, it was lost when the players stepped onto the pitch then stood off.

In response, two goals down Hughton takes off our two creative players and puts on two players there just to kick the opposition.

There is a big streak of dishonesty in our team and this is either being facilitated by inept management or else consistently not dealt with. To fail to turn up so routinely is highly unprofessional for so called professional sportsmen.

Last week the players and management basked in a sense of redemption, the critics who want the best for the Club held their tongues and hoped a corner had been turned while the rest crowed over one good performance.

It''s pathetic. Elmander scores an incosequential first goal of the season and suddenly he''s good enough. Snodgrass (who in fairness has put in more effort than most) scores and celebrates in a manner I feel is dismissive to the fans. Howson talks about the players as a group but doesn''t show either deference to the supporters or a appreciation of the concerns of supporters. There is always that arrogance and detachment, especially when the players have sporadic success followed by a sitting on their laurels next game.

Dishonest players and inept management. It''s enough to make you want Pulis to come in and shake them up.

But what do I know? I''ve been banging on about this for over a year and getting slagged off for it.

Again, it is too late for managerial changes so let''s go back to what works: demand better and keep demanding better.[/quote]

I hatter admit that you do see it roight clarely.

Where is it you see it from? Is it a pertickeler camera angle or do you hatter shuffle about on the soofa until you find the roight spot to know it all?

Thair all hare proclaimin you as some sorta horickle and you dornt even goo!!!

I reckon you see yoursulf as some sorta conscientious objector, I just see you as a fickle non-supportin'' windbag.

Good luck wi''gettin a ticket when they give Hooton the old heave-ho bor..

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m struggling to find the one sentence you are refering to Reggie. I can''t be bothered to go through Rude Old''s entire posting history to find it so a link would be useful. [+o(][/quote]Neither of us really need to go to all that trouble, actually, Lapps.In short, just take any sentence of your choice from Rudy''s posting above.I''ll guarantee that it will be more coherent than any of the drivel penned by Morty, Lakey, Nigel or their cronies over the last few months......

If you don''t like debating with those guys Reggie, why do you keep bringing up their names on most of your posts?

You obviously like a good rumble with them so quit complaining and get stuck in.

[quote user="Herman "]

If you don''t like debating with those guys Reggie, why do you keep bringing up their names on most of your posts?

You obviously like a good rumble with them so quit complaining and get stuck in.

[/quote]Unfortunately, you miss the point, Herman. I and several others would like nothing better than getting ''stuck in'' to the ''rumble'' of a ''debate'' with them. But, that''s not what you get with these people.What you DO get, however, is a narrow agenda, no variation, and shed loads of childish insults and insinuations.I''m not ''complaining''. Just explaining my position.

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, we win last week and everyone takes their eye off the ball and their foot off the pedal. One good game, a jewel in a cow pat of a season and the expectations evaporate.

Today was always going to be a tough game. The least it should have been was a tough game for Swansea......but it wasn''t.

The defence was lacksadasical with Bassong back to his dozy worst. This man won''t be Captain material for as long as his @rse points downwards. He was a disastrous decision for captain. And to shush RVW for complaining about his defenders constantly spunking possession away is really telling.

The game wasn''t even lost after the first goal, it was lost when the players stepped onto the pitch then stood off.

In response, two goals down Hughton takes off our two creative players and puts on two players there just to kick the opposition.

There is a big streak of dishonesty in our team and this is either being facilitated by inept management or else consistently not dealt with. To fail to turn up so routinely is highly unprofessional for so called professional sportsmen.

Last week the players and management basked in a sense of redemption, the critics who want the best for the Club held their tongues and hoped a corner had been turned while the rest crowed over one good performance.

It''s pathetic. Elmander scores an incosequential first goal of the season and suddenly he''s good enough. Snodgrass (who in fairness has put in more effort than most) scores and celebrates in a manner I feel is dismissive to the fans. Howson talks about the players as a group but doesn''t show either deference to the supporters or a appreciation of the concerns of supporters. There is always that arrogance and detachment, especially when the players have sporadic success followed by a sitting on their laurels next game.

Dishonest players and inept management. It''s enough to make you want Pulis to come in and shake them up.

But what do I know? I''ve been banging on about this for over a year and getting slagged off for it.

Again, it is too late for managerial changes so let''s go back to what works: demand better and keep demanding better.[/quote]Excellent post Rude...[/quote]Agree that this is an excellent post.Tony Pulis may be slagged off for his brand of football which in all honesty is hardly easy on the eye but you rarely see his teams sleepwalk through games like our lot.

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

Reggie doesn''t do rumbles Herman. He''s not strong enough. He had a different persona and different targets when he was Eric Pickles. He''ll be gone again soon. Only to return as someone else. Because this isn''t real life you know. It''s fine to troll and lie on here because there''s no need for honesty. Only that honour which is found among thieves and trolls.

I see another weak minded poster enjoys him which can only enhance my opinion[;)]

Thanks for the complements but it''s only my opinion and at least I have one as do some consistent inners who deserve respect for that too. Meanwhile other posters are honest enough to say they are changing their minds which leaves us with the trolls and the rest who are more fixated on other posters than they are the issues.

Sport isn''t just about ability and conditioning, it is crucially about mentality and the managing of mentality. Can it really be coincidence that we turn up for the must win games and serially go missing outside of them?

WTF is going on with match preparation? Sooner or later we will slip up on one of these must wins and it would be catastrophic if that happened against West Brom.

RVW is going to win himself a lot of kudos from supporters for his dissent to his defence. Even though he''s spent the season with his finger stuck in a dyke and flaps at chances when they do present themselves and has Martinez questioning ''why us?'' He did what we all want to do and told Bassong to wake the f#ck up! We need a bit more than that.

Pressure has worked on occasions so far but if it turn to fear that can be debilitating, it''s a fine line and one our side have brought on themselves by the sheer number of no shows, stand off surrenders and profligacy in front of goal.

Let''s home our home form can see us through.

One man''s troll is another man''s good poster Rudolph. That''s why I think it''s more honest to name those you are accusing rather than leaving it to others to pat you on the back as they fit the posters they disagree with in your generalisations.

I have taken issue with you more than once over such things. I see today Snoddy and Howson are on the end of some of your holier than thou comments. Last season at this time you were focussing on Grant Holt. You weren''t always this way out. I remember when I first posted on here you were pretty level headed about things. You never really joined in the hounding of Worthy. You recognised the boredom of the Premier League when others saw it as the promised land. You near enough predicted the situation we''re in now word for word maybe 8 years ago. The things you detest now are the result of what you predicted coming true.

I see no point in this Inners/Outers divide you help to promote. You know as well as I do trhat it''s what happens next that''s the future. You know sacking Hughton will solve as much as sacking Worthington. I think you probably know that another Paul Lambert rollercoaster won''t come next and it''s far more likely to be one of Rioch/Hamilton/Worthington/Grant/Roeder/Gunn/Hughton''s of this world.

Look at the clubs that were thelast 10 years premier league participants. Get t6hat trusty old crystal ball out and predict the future again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

One man''s troll is another man''s good poster Rudolph. That''s why I think it''s more honest to name those you are accusing rather than leaving it to others to pat you on the back as they fit the posters they disagree with in your generalisations.

I have taken issue with you more than once over such things. I see today Snoddy and Howson are on the end of some of your holier than thou comments. Last season at this time you were focussing on Grant Holt. You weren''t always this way out. I remember when I first posted on here you were pretty level headed about things. You never really joined in the hounding of Worthy. You recognised the boredom of the Premier League when others saw it as the promised land. You near enough predicted the situation we''re in now word for word maybe 8 years ago. The things you detest now are the result of what you predicted coming true.

I see no point in this Inners/Outers divide you help to promote. You know as well as I do trhat it''s what happens next that''s the future. You know sacking Hughton will solve as much as sacking Worthington. I think you probably know that another Paul Lambert rollercoaster won''t come next and it''s far more likely to be one of Rioch/Hamilton/Worthington/Grant/Roeder/Gunn/Hughton''s of this world.

Look at the clubs that were thelast 10 years premier league participants. Get t6hat trusty old crystal ball out and predict the future again.

[/quote]I don''t know if Rudolph knows that is not necessarily true but I know it isn''t necessarily true.

I couldn''t recall what you or other posters said last week, Nigel.

As I don''t have a medical condition I can only assume this is because I do have a life.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I don''t know if Rudolph knows that is not necessarily true but I know it isn''t necessarily true.[/quote]

Well I think it''s true. Sacking the manager is not the cure all it''s percieved to be. It''s replacing him that can make a difference. Despite being told sacking Worthy would make it better it actually achieved nothing. His replacements then made things worse. Has Fulham sacking Jol achieved anything? What did his replacements achieve?

I see Rudolph is back so I''m off on my bike to find a life. I''ll be back later[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

.................You know sacking Hughton will solve as much as sacking Worthington. I think you probably know

that another Paul Lambert rollercoaster won''t come next and it''s far

more likely to be one of

Rioch/Hamilton/Worthington/Grant/Roeder/Gunn/Hughton''s of this world.

[/quote]

So it looks like a straight choice between sticking with the current lame duck or twisting on an as yet unknown dead beat then Nutty ?

Seems like we''re well and truly up s*it creek [:''(]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]So it looks like a straight choice between sticking with the current lame duck or twisting on an as yet unknown dead beat then Nutty ?

Seems like we''re well and truly up s*it creek [:''(][/quote]

Don''t you ever listen Smithy..........

We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

.................You know sacking Hughton will solve as much as sacking Worthington. I think you probably know

that another Paul Lambert rollercoaster won''t come next and it''s far

more likely to be one of

Rioch/Hamilton/Worthington/Grant/Roeder/Gunn/Hughton''s of this world.

[/quote]

So it looks like a straight choice between sticking with the current lame duck or twisting on an as yet unknown dead beat then Nutty ?

Seems like we''re well and truly up s*it creek [:''(]

[/quote]

I don''t know Smithy! I aint got the answers. Hughton''s due to go because only Wenger, Pardew and Allardyce have been at their clubs longer than he''s been here. That''s a crazy stat for a 2 year period. Have all those changes of manager re-shaped the PL or have they made little difference? If only we could see into the future......

I know I didn''t stay out long. I''m saddle sore already[:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I don''t know if Rudolph knows that is not necessarily true but I know it isn''t necessarily true.[/quote]

Well I think it''s true. Sacking the manager is not the cure all it''s percieved to be. It''s replacing him that can make a difference. Despite being told sacking Worthy would make it better it actually achieved nothing. His replacements then made things worse. Has Fulham sacking Jol achieved anything? What did his replacements achieve?

I see Rudolph is back so I''m off on my bike to find a life. I''ll be back later[;)]

[/quote]No, nutty. You are arguing from the particular case based on what happened after Worthington was sacked. It is true that his successor (Grant) was a failure, but that doesn''t mean it was wrong to sack Worthington. It wasn''t. It was the right decision. He was totally shot as an NCFC manager.There is no reason to assume - which is what you are doing -  that sacking Hughton (if that happened) would also be followed by a bad appointment of a successor.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]No, nutty. You are arguing from the particular case based on what happened after Worthington was sacked. It is true that his successor (Grant) was a failure, but that doesn''t mean it was wrong to sack Worthington. It wasn''t. It was the right decision. He was totally shot as an NCFC manager.There is no reason to assume - which is what you are doing -  that sacking Hughton (if that happened) would also be followed by a bad appointment of a successor.[/quote]

As I said elsewhere, there''s only 3 EPL managers been at their club longer, do you think the structure of the league has altered for all those changes? Or would you say that apart from a few over achieving managers it hasn''t really made a jot of difference? I''m with the latter. The league placings will reflect the wages paid apart from the few. What are the odds of us getting one of those few next time?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]No, nutty. You are arguing from the particular case based on what happened after Worthington was sacked. It is true that his successor (Grant) was a failure, but that doesn''t mean it was wrong to sack Worthington. It wasn''t. It was the right decision. He was totally shot as an NCFC manager.There is no reason to assume - which is what you are doing -  that sacking Hughton (if that happened) would also be followed by a bad appointment of a successor.[/quote]

As I said elsewhere, there''s only 3 EPL managers been at their club longer, do you think the structure of the league has altered for all those changes? Or would you say that apart from a few over achieving managers it hasn''t really made a jot of difference? I''m with the latter. The league placings will reflect the wages paid apart from the few. What are the odds of us getting one of those few next time?

[/quote]nutty, I have no idea about any of that. Not a clue. What I do know is that it has nothing to do with my rebuttal of your claim.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]nutty, I have no idea about any of that. Not a clue. What I do know is that it has nothing to do with my rebuttal of your claim.[/quote]

I''m struggling to see what your rebuttal of my claim is buddy. I said "it''s what happens next that counts. Sacking Hughton will solve as much as sacking Worthington." Is it because the senetences were that way round? If I put "Sacking Hughton will solve as much as sacking Worthington. It''s what happens next that counts." Is that more acceptable?