Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

You Can Thank The Critics For That Performance

Great performance and result, and why?

Because the Board, the Manager and the players finally got the message that they have been collectively underperforming and sleep-walking into relegation.

I suppose a number of the blinkered will be on here tonight crowing, well, if their attitude was the general attitude the above mentioned would NEVER have got their fingers out.

Lambert always stated he was driven by a fear of failure. That fear was re-awoken in NCFC by fans who let them know what they thought of what they were being fobbed off with.

I''m delighted for everyone connected with Norwich City after our and other results today and, as usual, I am especially pleased for the fans in attendance.

Now, let''s not go back to the good result followed by poor performances up to the next ''must win'' lets keep up the standard, this is the benchmark, and let''s nail another season in the EPL.

Sorry OP you''re talking rubbish.  This is the way we''ve been trying to play at home all season - not always succeeding - but since the Man City game it has began to bear fruit.   We could have scored four or five today.   Six games unbeaten at home and a confidence beginning to grow.  Away needs to improve, but at home it was a vindication of Hughton and the team - and its they that do the business.  Critics win nothing.  

If we can keep a tight perimeter, we should be able to get something from the last 2 home games.

Also, defense needs to keep its collective head on a swivel.

You stay classy, Norwich City at home.

Op talking utter rubbish I''m afraid, that win was down to the dedication and hard work of the players, manager, staff and fans.
Nothing to do with a few internet warriors.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The same thing but we didn''t stay classy so didn''t win.[/quote]

[:D]

Whilst the first half performance was really good for the whole half not just the first ten minutes, don''t let''s get too carried away, Sunderland were worse than awful. What frustrated me tbh was how we sat back so much in the second half when we really could have gone on to get a couple more.

OTBC

[quote user="slartyblartfast"]Whilst the first half performance was really good for the whole half not just the first ten minutes, don''t let''s get too carried away, Sunderland were worse than awful. What frustrated me tbh was how we sat back so much in the second half when we really could have gone on to get a couple more.

OTBC[/quote]We had chances in the second half. Sunderland were a bit more offensive to start with after the interval, but we coped well enough and created enough to have scored again.

LDC I agree we did have some chances in the second half but we were looking to time waste from the 65th minute and rarely had more than 4 in their box for set pieces from then on. Just felt had we continued in the same manner as the first half we could have scored a couple more so as to help our goal diff and sentba bit of a message out.

OTBC

[quote user="lake district canary"]Sorry OP you''re talking rubbish.  This is the way we''ve been trying to play at home all season - not always succeeding - but since the Man City game it has began to bear fruit.   We could have scored four or five today.   Six games unbeaten at home and a confidence beginning to grow.  Away needs to improve, but at home it was a vindication of Hughton and the team - and its they that do the business.  Critics win nothing.   [/quote]It just isn''t...   For a start we played Howson Tettey and Wes in the same side. Without Johnson our passing was suddenly fluid, and we had the right balance of attack and defence. Usually we get to see far too many defensive midfield players, such as away at Southampton last weekend.Hoolahan has again shown he is more than capable at this level, just 7 or 8 starts this season, criminally negligence from the management especially given our injury problems in midfield.  Hoolahan is also a team player, what a difference to Redmond cutting inside and blasting the ball over and over again, what is it, 1 goal in 59 shots this season.In the end, this all rings of the end of last season, a few good attacking performances raised some hope, then we resort back to the negative tripe for another 30 games...At the end of the game, no dumb subs from Hughton either!  Almost incredible!Performances like these show just what we are missing by having Chris Hughton as manager.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Performances like these show just what we are missing by having Chris Hughton as manager.[/quote]But ManCity game was like this and Spurs and Stoke to start with before they stifled us.   So that''s four games in a row at CR. The previous two games to that we got four points, even though it was a struggle.As for your sentence there, it just beggars belief that you can write that after today.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Performances like these show just what we are missing by having Chris Hughton as manager.[/quote]
This sentence makes no sense.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Performances like these show just what we are missing by having Chris Hughton as manager.[/quote]
[/quote]Just because the side comes out of it''s shell for a couple of games at the end of the season only proves what they are capable of.  Rather than the negative tripe usually served up like last week''s 3 defensive central midfielders against Southampton. (resulting in our striker Hooper making 4 passes all game, including 2 from the kick offs)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Performances like these show just what we are missing by having Chris Hughton as manager.[/quote]
[/quote]Just because the side comes out of it''s shell for a couple of games at the end of the season only proves what they are capable of.  Rather than the negative tripe usually served up like last week''s 3 defensive central midfielders against Southampton. (resulting in our striker Hooper making 4 passes all game, including 2 from the kick offs)[/quote]

I 100% agree, first team selection before a game that has excited me. We went for the jugular. Watch him next week resort to a 5 man midfield against the great swansea, a team that have managed 3 less points than us despite our shocking performances. I bet 3 defensive midfielders are played again to break up swansea''s play. Chris won''t realise we won''t keep the ball for more than 3 passes and we will just give them the ball back quickly!

There has been many winnable games this season where the team selection has been poor. Far more than the good ones!

A great result today that needs backing up with more of the same. Not back to the old negative dull crap that has been served up all season.

On yer bike Rudolph[|-)]

And Foggy.. How many times has Hughton had the opportunity of playing Tetty and Howson together? Surely Tettey, Howson and Fer/Wes picks itself. When they''re all available.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And Foggy.. How many times has Hughton had the opportunity of playing Tetty and Howson together? Surely Tettey, Howson and Fer/Wes picks itself. When they''re all available.

[/quote]Or indeed Tettey Fer and Wes...  Have we seen that once this season?  Given Wes only has about 7 starts in a season where we have struggled with injuries in midfield I would say he has been criminally underused.  In fact so underused he wants to leave and will probably not be here next season.last weekend we had Tettey, Johnson and Howson... all playing a deep role.For the vast majority of Hughton''s tenure many have been vocal about his boring negative tenure.  Last weekend and this showed exactly what we miss by having such a negative ambition-free manager.  Exactly like last season, only at the end, when we are on the verge of real trouble, do we see possibly the most positive lineup of the season, and just like last season it has not disappointed.I guess just like last season, we will follow this up with another 30 matches of the same old negative rubbish again.It will be interesting to see how Hughton''s tenure is judged in hindsight.

Some of you have utterly lost the plot. The superb performance today under Chris Hughton shows what we have missed under Chris Hughton?! Along with excellent performances against Man City and Spurs recently I guess we''ve really seen how well we can perform if we could only perform well too.

Why do I get the impression some people would rather see Hughton not succeed just to try and prove themselves right? If we can start to get some consistency in performances (and less consistent injuries will help) then what benefit is there in replacing Hughton with someone else?

It''s so obvious that whenever a make or break game comes along CH goes with a positive team and approach and we get a great game and result. Thereafter he slides back into a cautious mindset which is strange because after a great result he has licence surely to go for it without pressure. Such an occasion is next week against Swansea. I hope he goes with the same side and approach.

As for Wes, he''s had some stick on here as has Snodgrass, but not from me. Snodgrass has played below his best on occasions but always with his heart on his sleeve. He is a POTS contender.

Wes. I posted at the start of the year I had caught up with recorded highlights of all the festive games I missed. I thought we played some great football with scant reward. The reason for the performances was Wes, and then Wes was dropped, maybe for reasons beyond CH''s control, but he was dropped.

Hughton is a slow learner but he is learning. The best outcome, as I have always said is for him to succeed as we get stability and he looks like a good manager to develop our young players.

Football does redemption, that''s for sure, but let''s keep perspective here and expect today''s level most weeks as we DO have the quality.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Or indeed Tettey Fer and Wes...  Have we seen that once this season?  Given Wes only has about 7 starts in a season where we have struggled with injuries in midfield I would say he has been criminally underused.  In fact so underused he wants to leave and will probably not be here next season.last weekend we had Tettey, Johnson and Howson... all playing a deep role.For the vast majority of Hughton''s tenure many have been vocal about his boring negative tenure.  Last weekend and this showed exactly what we miss by having such a negative ambition-free manager.  Exactly like last season, only at the end, when we are on the verge of real trouble, do we see possibly the most positive lineup of the season, and just like last season it has not disappointed.I guess just like last season, we will follow this up with another 30 matches of the same old negative rubbish again.It will be interesting to see how Hughton''s tenure is judged in hindsight.[/quote]

First of all you recognise that having Howson and Tettey available together in the centre midfield is key. Then you realise Hughton hasn''t had that luxury so decide that Fer would could replace either of them. Each to their own Foggy but I think you''re wrong. If Howson''s injured the closest we can get to his energy in the centre is BJ. If Tettey''s injured the closest we can get to his defensive qualities in breaking up play is BJ again. Fer and Wes are our attacking options and a central midfield including them both wouldn''t be so solid. We are getting players fit. Today''s bench was really strong and that''s the sign that our squad is getting stronger.

Rudolph.. it''s always about you[|-)] How fit you are compared to Holt. How you gave up your ticket in some sort of lame protest. How you somehow get credit for todays performance. It has Hughton''s team, Hughton''s tactics as he out thought Poyet for the second time this season, and Hughton''s result. On yer bike buddy[;)]

So, we win last week and everyone takes their eye off the ball and their foot off the pedal. One good game, a jewel in a cow pat of a season and the expectations evaporate.

Today was always going to be a tough game. The least it should have been was a tough game for Swansea......but it wasn''t.

The defence was lacksadasical with Bassong back to his dozy worst. This man won''t be Captain material for as long as his @rse points downwards. He was a disastrous decision for captain. And to shush RVW for complaining about his defenders constantly spunking possession away is really telling.

The game wasn''t even lost after the first goal, it was lost when the players stepped onto the pitch then stood off.

In response, two goals down Hughton takes off our two creative players and puts on two players there just to kick the opposition.

There is a big streak of dishonesty in our team and this is either being facilitated by inept management or else consistently not dealt with. To fail to turn up so routinely is highly unprofessional for so called professional sportsmen.

Last week the players and management basked in a sense of redemption, the critics who want the best for the Club held their tongues and hoped a corner had been turned while the rest crowed over one good performance.

It''s pathetic. Elmander scores an incosequential first goal of the season and suddenly he''s good enough. Snodgrass (who in fairness has put in more effort than most) scores and celebrates in a manner I feel is dismissive to the fans. Howson talks about the players as a group but doesn''t show either deference to the supporters or a appreciation of the concerns of supporters. There is always that arrogance and detachment, especially when the players have sporadic success followed by a sitting on their laurels next game.

Dishonest players and inept management. It''s enough to make you want Pulis to come in and shake them up.

But what do I know? I''ve been banging on about this for over a year and getting slagged off for it.

Again, it is too late for managerial changes so let''s go back to what works: demand better and keep demanding better.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, we win last week and everyone takes their eye off the ball and their foot off the pedal. One good game, a jewel in a cow pat of a season and the expectations evaporate.

Today was always going to be a tough game. The least it should have been was a tough game for Swansea......but it wasn''t.

The defence was lacksadasical with Bassong back to his dozy worst. This man won''t be Captain material for as long as his @rse points downwards. He was a disastrous decision for captain. And to shush RVW for complaining about his defenders constantly spunking possession away is really telling.

The game wasn''t even lost after the first goal, it was lost when the players stepped onto the pitch then stood off.

In response, two goals down Hughton takes off our two creative players and puts on two players there just to kick the opposition.

There is a big streak of dishonesty in our team and this is either being facilitated by inept management or else consistently not dealt with. To fail to turn up so routinely is highly unprofessional for so called professional sportsmen.

Last week the players and management basked in a sense of redemption, the critics who want the best for the Club held their tongues and hoped a corner had been turned while the rest crowed over one good performance.

It''s pathetic. Elmander scores an incosequential first goal of the season and suddenly he''s good enough. Snodgrass (who in fairness has put in more effort than most) scores and celebrates in a manner I feel is dismissive to the fans. Howson talks about the players as a group but doesn''t show either deference to the supporters or a appreciation of the concerns of supporters. There is always that arrogance and detachment, especially when the players have sporadic success followed by a sitting on their laurels next game.

Dishonest players and inept management. It''s enough to make you want Pulis to come in and shake them up.

But what do I know? I''ve been banging on about this for over a year and getting slagged off for it.

Again, it is too late for managerial changes so let''s go back to what works: demand better and keep demanding better.[/quote]Excellent post Rude...