Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

All you naysayers....you sit in your tower.

See you when we''re 15th or 16th with about 37 points and have stayed up by virtue of other teams being worse than us. (obviously, if i could be exact i''d be a very rich man)We should get rid of Hughton at that point for not developing the right attacking approach, failing to be varied and dynamic in his use of the wide men, and failing to drop Bassong when he has been largely criminally poor this year.We won''t though, as McNally has made a rod for his own back by talking of Hughton''s remit being to keep us up. I hope he notices that just by re-inverting one of the two wingers we''ll get more service to the strikers that you all hate because you''ve targeted the effect but not the cause. (I''d put Pilks left, Snoddy right and have Pilks going down the outside on his left foot as he''s perfectly competent with both feet, with snoddy still cutting inside- then bring Redmond on for Pilks when his hamstrings start to feel it and put Snoddy on the left, Redmond right for out and out byline wingers- Hughton will never do this as he''s not dynamic enough)I''m tired of trying to argue with the constant flow of  b0ll0x spouted on here. Some good posters but mostly just poorly formed arguments by ''passionate casuals'' who love NCFC, but try to argue in detail with those who better understand the game, irrespective of their love of NCFC.So as you all bleat and moan and tell me ''f*ck off, good riddance'' etc.....I have full confidence and look forward to bringing this post back up when we do as I said initially- think we''ll lose to Southampton and Swansea but get the big wins against WBA and Sunderland.Bye!

It does seem to be an issue, inverted wingers, when playing with our strikers up front on their own.

Everyone seems to have an opinion and rather than argue about players best positions isn''t it just a case of observation.

Snoddy on the right wing all the time has not worked.

Why hasn''t it been changed, surely we are giving the player more chance of succeeding if he is in the middle or on the left.

I''m looking forward to august, hopefully our new management will set up the team to the players strengths.

[quote user="Number 9"]It does seem to be an issue, inverted wingers, when playing with our strikers up front on their own.

Everyone seems to have an opinion and rather than argue about players best positions isn''t it just a case of observation.

Snoddy on the right wing all the time has not worked.

Why hasn''t it been changed, surely we are giving the player more chance of succeeding if he is in the middle or on the left.

I''m looking forward to august, hopefully our new management will set up the team to the players strengths.[/quote]

Still not working, I see!Hoots knows nothing about football, obviously!

[quote user="Orford65"][quote user="Number 9"]It does seem to be an issue, inverted wingers, when playing with our strikers up front on their own. Everyone seems to have an opinion and rather than argue about players best positions isn''t it just a case of observation. Snoddy on the right wing all the time has not worked. Why hasn''t it been changed, surely we are giving the player more chance of succeeding if he is in the middle or on the left. I''m looking forward to august, hopefully our new management will set up the team to the players strengths.[/quote]

Still not working, I see!

Hoots knows nothing about football, obviously!
[/quote]

Does that make it 2-2?

I thought you were tired of trying to argue with the constant flow of boll0x on here?[:P]

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Still 2-1 to me Nige. Don''t think anyone would argue he should have been dropped sooner than he was....the end result? A much better performance against Sunderland from Seb. [/quote]

So we drew at home to Stoke where the only goal conceded was a penalty. Bassong is dropped at Southampton and we ship in four. Returns for Sunderland and we get another clean sheet. OK.....

I''m struggling to understand the argument that we will only stay up because of other teams being worse than us. Isn''t that how the relegation places are always decided? The worst teams being relegated, and the measure of what are the worst teams being the ones with the fewest points?

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I''m struggling to understand the argument that we will only stay up because of other teams being worse than us. Isn''t that how the relegation places are always decided? The worst teams being relegated, and the measure of what are the worst teams being the ones with the fewest points?[/quote]

Lol. It''s the difference between being better than other teams, which is good, and other teams being worse than you, which is bad. Obvious really...

Wonder if you''ll be bumping your own thread at the end of the season (after everyone ignored it the first time)...?

Thanks for that ICF, but how can you tell which is which? Like 2 seasons ago, were we better than 8 teams, or were 8 teams worse than us? And last year, was it 9 teams worse than us, or were we better than the 9?

Nutty,According to the ProZone model, here are Bassong''s overall match rating (scores derived from individual performance modules on tackling, passing, positioning, interceptions, aerial duels etc)

EPL

23-02-2014

Norwich

1 : 0

Tottenham

90''

EPL

02-03-2014

Aston Villa

4 : 1

Norwich

90''

EPL

08-03-2014

Norwich

1 : 1

Stoke

90''

EPL

22-03-2014

Norwich

2 : 0

Sunderland

90''

I do hope you find them to be satisfactory evidence that Bassong has needed dropping for a good month, as he has been average to poor over the last month.

and if you go on WhoScored via the link and look at Bassong''s performances across the whole season, you''ll see his average sitting at around 6.75showing how much the 7.31 v Sunderland is an improvement for him this year.Thanks.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]and if you go on WhoScored via the link and look at Bassong''s performances across the whole season, you''ll see his average sitting at around 6.75

showing how much the 7. .31 v Sunderland is an improvement for him this year.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Reminds me of when I play chess against my intellectual friend. My success rate is 20%. When I ply my stuff against the youngest of my grandchildren my success rate climbs to an amazing 95%. I have to be careful with the older grandchildren, however, as it drags me back to my seasonal average of 50%. [;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]and if you go on WhoScored via the link and look at Bassong''s performances across the whole season, you''ll see his average sitting at around 6.75

Thanks.
[/quote]

Reminds me of when I play chess against my intellectual friend. My success rate is 20%. When I ply my stuff against the youngest of my grandchildren my success rate climbs to an amazing 95%. I have to be careful with the older grandchildren, however, as it drags me back to my seasonal average of 50%. [;)]

[/quote]

Well you insist on playing inverted Bishops, I''ve told you it doesn''t work and how you are persisting with those Rooks in that formation I''ll never know.

But surely, Spurs and Villa offered far more going forward than Sunderland did. Does that not make it more difficult by default to get a good rating against them as a defender?

What have his scores been over the season?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]and if you go on WhoScored via the link and look at Bassong''s performances across the whole season, you''ll see his average sitting at around 6.75showing how much the 7. .31 v Sunderland is an improvement for him this year.Thanks.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you insist on playing inverted Bishops, I''ve told you it doesn''t work and how you are persisting with those Rooks in that formation I''ll never know.

[/quote]It''s not just that. Yankee always tries to move his pieces backwards, including the pawns...[:P]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. It seems every time I risk going forward with one of those things I have nothing to back it up and I immediately reverse direction.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not just that. Yankee always tries to move his pieces backwards, including the pawns...
[:P]
[/quote]

Check, mate.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Nutty,According to the ProZone model, here are Bassong''s overall match rating (scores derived from individual performance modules on tackling, passing, positioning, interceptions, aerial duels etc)

EPL

23-02-2014

Norwich

1 : 0

Tottenham

90''

EPL

02-03-2014

Aston Villa

4 : 1

Norwich

90''

EPL

08-03-2014

Norwich

1 : 1

Stoke

90''

EPL

22-03-2014

Norwich

2 : 0

Sunderland

90''

I do hope you find them to be satisfactory evidence that Bassong has needed dropping for a good month, as he has been average to poor over the last month. [/quote]

What about the games before you made your post  against West Ham (7.1) and Man City (7.8)? This poorly formed argument about his poor form for a good month should surely include those games rather than two after the thread was started. And if you believe what those same stats say then our inverted winger is by far our best player this season.

You see buddy, although I may not have any understanding of football I do recognise bellendary when I see it...

Nutty,

I think you do understand football and I would agree that Snodgrass has been one of our best players this season. By saying Hughton should be more dynamic in his use of the wide men is not to victimise Snoddy but to look at alternative solutions for getting the best out of RvW and Hooper.

Furthermore, Bassong''s good performances against West Ham and Man City, like against Sunderland, were included in his average for the season. The fact it took him a whole month to conjure up another good performance is probably not coincidental with his dropping v Soton. It hopefully made him realise that he, too, is expendable, irrespective of his quality