Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

3.07pm kick off ?

Fulham away on the 12th of April.........

I have checked several fixture lists, they all say 3.07pm kick off.

What''s wrong with 3.00pm or even 3.05pm?

Any ideas where the .07 comes from?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Someone said it here it was to do with Hillsborough,[/quote]It is the time the game was stopped I believe.

That''s just ignorant slarty. On the day 11 police officers are charged with distorting the truth and manslaughter for you to keep peddling that sort of insensitive stuff about the death of innocent people beggars belief

If anyone has anything to say apart from respectful comments, kindly keep them to yourselves.

I was at Villa Park that day watching us play Everton. You can only imagine being in that situation the victims of Hillsborough found themselves in :(

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]If anyone has anything to say apart from respectful comments, kindly keep them to yourselves.

I was at Villa Park that day watching us play Everton. You can only imagine being in that situation the victims of Hillsborough found themselves in :([/quote]Same here. Was also at Villa Park.

To the utter disgrace of a person who wrote that comment above, I hope you realise how disgusting your attitude is and how I and many others feel truly ashamed to have to read poisonous comments like thar on OUR message board. You are no Norwich fan and if any one at the club, be it player or staff, got wind of that and knew who you were I''d be in full support of you never getting to come to Carrow road again.

On topic a fitting tribute to an awful disaster, I think of football as a really special bond between myself and my old man, we go to the games together (though sit in different stands these days) we have our pre match pint and in general a football day will always be a special day I share with him. To me to think about hillsbrough, my first thought is how many fathers and sons went to that match with that similar relationship, expecting nothing more than a nice day out to share with each other. It''s truly heartbreaking to think what happened, the horrific aftermath and the fact that it''s taken till now for those truly to blame to finally be called to account.

[quote user="birchfest"]To the utter disgrace of a person who wrote that comment above, I hope you realise how disgusting your attitude is and how I and many others feel truly ashamed to have to read poisonous comments like thar on OUR message board. You are no Norwich fan and if any one at the club, be it player or staff, got wind of that and knew who you were I''d be in full support of you never getting to come to Carrow road again.

On topic a fitting tribute to an awful disaster, I think of football as a really special bond between myself and my old man, we go to the games together (though sit in different stands these days) we have our pre match pint and in general a football day will always be a special day I share with him. To me to think about hillsbrough, my first thought is how many fathers and sons went to that match with that similar relationship, expecting nothing more than a nice day out to share with each other. It''s truly heartbreaking to think what happened, the horrific aftermath and the fact that it''s taken till now for those truly to blame to finally be called to account.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Was also at Villa Park the afternoon it happened and it made our result that day pale into insignificance. Have never experienced a more sombre trip home in my 50 years of watching City. Eventually I hope that there will be real justice for the 96.

[quote user="birchfest"]To the utter disgrace of a person who wrote that comment above, I hope you realise how disgusting your attitude is and how I and many others feel truly ashamed to have to read poisonous comments like thar on OUR message board. You are no Norwich fan and if any one at the club, be it player or staff, got wind of that and knew who you were I''d be in full support of you never getting to come to Carrow road again.

On topic a fitting tribute to an awful disaster, I think of football as a really special bond between myself and my old man, we go to the games together (though sit in different stands these days) we have our pre match pint and in general a football day will always be a special day I share with him. To me to think about hillsbrough, my first thought is how many fathers and sons went to that match with that similar relationship, expecting nothing more than a nice day out to share with each other. It''s truly heartbreaking to think what happened, the horrific aftermath and the fact that it''s taken till now for those truly to blame to finally be called to account.[/quote]Typical overreaction. Nobody doubts the horrific nature of the tragedy, but changing the times of games seems a little tacky. Why is a 25th anniversary so much more important than a 24th or 26th? We''re not talking about a wedding anniversary here. Tragedies happen and people move on. I can''t see how constantly raking it up helps anyone. It''s all part of the grief culture that started with Diana''s death.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="birchfest"]To the utter disgrace of a person who wrote that comment above, I hope you realise how disgusting your attitude is and how I and many others feel truly ashamed to have to read poisonous comments like thar on OUR message board. You are no Norwich fan and if any one at the club, be it player or staff, got wind of that and knew who you were I''d be in full support of you never getting to come to Carrow road again.

On topic a fitting tribute to an awful disaster, I think of football as a really special bond between myself and my old man, we go to the games together (though sit in different stands these days) we have our pre match pint and in general a football day will always be a special day I share with him. To me to think about hillsbrough, my first thought is how many fathers and sons went to that match with that similar relationship, expecting nothing more than a nice day out to share with each other. It''s truly heartbreaking to think what happened, the horrific aftermath and the fact that it''s taken till now for those truly to blame to finally be called to account.[/quote]Typical overreaction. Nobody doubts the horrific nature of the tragedy, but changing the times of games seems a little tacky. Why is a 25th anniversary so much more important than a 24th or 26th? We''re not talking about a wedding anniversary here. Tragedies happen and people move on. I can''t see how constantly raking it up helps anyone. It''s all part of the grief culture that started with Diana''s death.[/quote]I''m not condoning anything, but I swear people just beg for comments like that to be made so they can ride their high-horses all the way up to the top of the moral high ground.......But yeah, pretty dumb comment slarty......

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="birchfest"]To the utter disgrace of a person who wrote that comment above, I hope you realise how disgusting your attitude is and how I and many others feel truly ashamed to have to read poisonous comments like thar on OUR message board. You are no Norwich fan and if any one at the club, be it player or staff, got wind of that and knew who you were I''d be in full support of you never getting to come to Carrow road again. On topic a fitting tribute to an awful disaster, I think of football as a really special bond between myself and my old man, we go to the games together (though sit in different stands these days) we have our pre match pint and in general a football day will always be a special day I share with him. To me to think about hillsbrough, my first thought is how many fathers and sons went to that match with that similar relationship, expecting nothing more than a nice day out to share with each other. It''s truly heartbreaking to think what happened, the horrific aftermath and the fact that it''s taken till now for those truly to blame to finally be called to account.[/quote]

Typical overreaction. Nobody doubts the horrific nature of the tragedy, but changing the times of games seems a little tacky. Why is a 25th anniversary so much more important than a 24th or 26th? We''re not talking about a wedding anniversary here. Tragedies happen and people move on. I can''t see how constantly raking it up helps anyone. It''s all part of the grief culture that started with Diana''s death.
[/quote]

KC exactly how could it all have started with Diana''s death when the Hillborough Disaster happened some 8 years before & the familes of the victims & indeed the whole football world were grieving & fighting for justice from the very day it happened. I too was at Villa Park watching City play Everton & as 16 year old boy I can tell you it had one hell of an effect on me & members of my family. As details came through my family didnt actually hear what semi final it was & panic took over & my Mother & Sister have been suffering ever since. I for one appauld the FA, Premier League or whoever for putting these kick off times back out of respect. This disaster changed the face of football forever & those victims should never ever be forgotten!!!!

For as long as we are all going to football matches we will always be grieving the losses of that day. It may be seen as clever or funny by some to belittle other sets of fans or people from other cities, however the people behind such idiotic comments can only be considered cowards leading very hollow lives. How or why would anyone even consider questioning the sentiment, reason and relevance of remembering the event is beyond me. If you are someone that has any form of issue with what is happening on the 12th April then please do everyone a favour and stay away from the rest of us.

Couldn''t give a toss if some of you think my comment was an over reaction, and if you look at the two comments he''s not suggesting anything to do with the change of kick off and instead implying an opinion that I''d rather not go into on here about who''s to blame.

If i overheard someone say something like that in the flesh I''d also call them up on it. 96 fellow football fans, who''s reputation was dragged unjustly through the mud at the time, but then I guess it''s much ''cooler'' these days to be that cynical keyboard warrior.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="birchfest"].[/quote]Typical overreaction. Nobody doubts the horrific nature of the tragedy, but changing the times of games seems a little tacky. Why is a 25th anniversary so much more important than a 24th or 26th? We''re not talking about a wedding anniversary here. Tragedies happen and people move on. I can''t see how constantly raking it up helps anyone. It''s all part of the grief culture that started with Diana''s death.[/quote]

What utter nonsense.

Hillsborough happened years before Diana''s death, so how could it possibly be linked to a "grief culture" that started then. Were you even born when Hillsborough happened?

I was at Villa park that day, and remember how gutted I was when I heard the news of what had happened - which wasn''t until I got on the bus home.

But what really hit home to me was that two close friends of mine were directly involved in Sheffield (where I was working at the time). One was a junior police officer at Hillsborough, who to this day can''t bring herself to talk about what she saw. Another was a junior doctor at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield, who left medicine as he couldn''t get over the people he saw being brought into A&E.

And I now work in Nottingham and know two Forest fans who were there that day and who are still haunted by what they saw.

Your trivialisation of what happened is nothing short of disgusting. My advice would be to shut up, and read about what really happened in your school library.

That''s OK - an extra few minutes in the pub then time to get a pie before getting to my seat for the silence

It really is truly tragic when you go to watch a game of football and never come home. Puts the importance of football right into perspective. Im just old enough to remember it happening, and did a project on Persistant Vegetative State based on one of the victims at University. Also found his name on the memorial they have at Anfield when I went to see us in our first season back. It really does put everything into perspective. Noone should die as a result of football, and Im talking about football related murders as well, like the two Leeds fans in Turkey. Football just isnt that important. Tragic

Awful events that day and hopefully the families of those involved will soon get the justice they deserve. But if we had a minutes silence for every day when a lot of innocent people have died then there would be one at every match. For me its time to leave the matter at the courts now.

I''ve asked the same question a dozen times. It''s not to in anyway devalue the memorials for Hillsborough but that day at Bradford was also horrific as families tunerd into the BBC to watch friends and relatives burning to death. I will never forget the sight of the guy who escaped the fire and ran onto the pitch ablaze. That will stay with me to my grave. It was at that point they turned the cameras off. RIP to them all.

That poor old guy who walked onto the pitch ablaze didn''t make it.  The fire service use/used the video of that horrific day at Bradford for training purposes.  The fire spread so, so quickly, it was horrific.