Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

6 points clear and 2 from 12th place

More or less where we should expect to be. We are a poor PL team amongst a bunch or poor PL teams.

Win next week as expected and all will be well again.

Have to spend every penny we can in the summer on better players.

Fail to win next week and we are all but relegated. Let''s just hope we can get the 4 points that will be needed from the remaining fixtures. stay up get shot of Hughton and bring in a manager that isn''t stuck in the 80s. My choice would be Rosler but it seems that Lennon is all but a done deal. We are where we should expect to be but performence levels are unacceptable, for that he will pay with his job.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]More or less where we should expect to be. We are a poor PL team amongst a bunch or poor PL teams.

Win next week as expected and all will be well again.

Have to spend every penny we can in the summer on better players.[/quote]

Lord save us

No, the manager and team will save us.

Our home form is fantastic which shows what we can do . Get in some proper PL players and things will look so much better enact year. We should spend every penny on players and wages. Changing manager is secondary and only if someone with some real pedigree is available and wants to come here.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]No, the manager and team will save us.

Our home form is fantastic which shows what we can do . Get in some proper PL players and things will look so much better enact year. We should spend every penny on players and wages. Changing manager is secondary and only if someone with some real pedigree is available and wants to come here.[/quote]

The manager or players didn''t yesterday did they? Talk about blind faith!

So I am a troll because my view of things is different from yours . No debate the ?

The outers have lost but fortunately that means that the majority of supporters and NCFC have won.

The only thing that matters for a team with our limited resource , for. PL team, is staying up. That means weak on weak Carrow road will be full to the brim.

The only thing that matters is the PL table and we are sitting ok.

The majority of supporters are realists and are not represented here, not even by me.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]So I am a troll because my view of things is different from yours . No debate the ?

The outers have lost but fortunately that means that the majority of supporters and NCFC have won.

The only thing that matters for a team with our limited resource , for. PL team, is staying up. That means weak on weak Carrow road will be full to the brim.

The majority of supporters are realists and are not represented here, not even by me.[/quote]
To be fair is you can say that our inept under performances given throughout this season are what we should expect, then yes it makes you a troll!
If we sat 15th on giving 100% application in a game, and reaching our full potential then I''m sure there wouldn''t be ''outers.'' Unfortunately the application and potential is rarely reached, except for the 1 in 7 to 8 game ratio this season, and for that reason 15th could and should be more like 10th and safe like Stoke.
A few weeks ago it was 2 points from 10th, now its 2 from 12th. How much do you want to wager in a few more weeks it''ll be you saying we are only 2 points from 17th? I think it''s more likely than 10th or 12th, because unlike you the majority of fans on here, Facebook, and twitter that can make an opinion in print, realise we aren''t playing to full capacity. If we truly are mid-lower table Prem quality which we are, I agree, then surely we should at least give ourselves a chance by not turning up only 20% of the time right?
New manager, and some better players (attitude over ability in some cases) please.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]

A few weeks ago it was 2 points from 10th, now its 2 from

12th. How much do you want to wager in a few more

weeks it''ll be you saying we are only 2 points from 17th
? I

think it''s more likely than 10th or 12th, because unlike you the majority of

fans on here, Facebook, and twitter that can make an opinion in print, realise

we aren''t playing to full capacity. If we truly are mid-lower table Prem quality

which we are, I agree, then surely we should at least give ourselves a chance by

not turning up only 20% of the time right?

New manager, and some better players (attitude over ability in some cases)

please.

[/quote]

I''m up for that wager. How much you thinking about? Remember I''m just a

poor redundant bog cleaner.

20% of the time Seattle? This is another one of your stats I take it. Where

do you get that from?

Or some betterer fans I shink.

I see Maths int really your stroing point either. How do you have a clue about are capacity from your armchair in yankee-doodle-land?

Another never gorn know-it-all.

You are roighht about the players though. Betterer players would make us betterer too. But thas just statin the ovious really int it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

? I

we aren''t playing to full capacity. If we truly are mid-lower table Prem quality

which we are, I agree, then surely we should at least give ourselves a chance by

please.

[/quote]

do you get that from?

[/quote]
20% being me trying to generalise a rough average of about 1 good performance in every 5 games. Wouldn''t you say that is roughly the balance of our good versus bad. Surely the bad has outweighed the good this season. Therefore I felt it was a clearer representation of say 50/50 you can say 25-30% if it makes you feel better.
The wager wasn''t for you Nutty. It''s for KTF as he feels the need to post, and push things without precedent and ignoring the reality of our season. I wanted to see if he is willing to stick by his points or not. If you''d like you and I can have a bet to bragging rights over one another? [;)]

It''s all about expectation. We have a poor squad in relation to many in the PL. You pay a lot of money for players that can do it week on week out. At Carrow road the players can do it. Away they struggle. It''s not about blaming the players. We may have the best squad ever but it is full of, for want of a better word, cheap players who simply are not capable at this level of consistency required to be anything but a bottom 8 side in a battle to the end to stay up.

[quote user="Francis The Farmer"]Or some betterer fans I shink.

I see Maths int really your stroing point either. How do you have a clue about are capacity from your armchair in yankee-doodle-land?

Another never gorn know-it-all.

You are roighht about the players though. Betterer players would make us betterer too. But thas just statin the ovious really int it?[/quote]
Great, another troll. Reread my post, I said attitude with ability as the secondary attribute. Remember the team CH inherited? They were more than the sum of their parts. We need players who don''t just turn up, but actually perform.
And anyone with a brain cell more than yourself - which is likely 2 brain cells - can see we do not play to capacity, or did you not see the Swansea game? We barely even played football! You need to pass the ball to each other, and compete for 90+ minutes in order to do so - we did not.
Now as for your intentionally bad grammar - A+
Your trolling - D-
Must try better. If you wish to actually debate something, then have something to actually voice against my point to engage in a debate about.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

? I

please.

[/quote]

do you get that from?

[/quote]
20% being me trying to generalise a rough average of about 1 good performance in every 5 games. Wouldn''t you say that is roughly the balance of our good versus bad. Surely the bad has outweighed the good this season. Therefore I felt it was a clearer representation of say 50/50 you can say 25-30% if it makes you feel better.
The wager wasn''t for you Nutty. It''s for KTF as he feels the need to post, and push things without precedent and ignoring the reality of our season. I wanted to see if he is willing to stick by his points or not. If you''d like you and I can have a bet to bragging rights over one another? [;)]

[/quote]

Everton Home

Southampton Home

Villa Home

Stoke Away

Chelsea Home

Arsenal Away

Cardiff Home

West Ham Home

Palace Home

WBA Away

Swansea Home

Man Utd Home

Hull Home

Cardiff Away

Man City Home

West Ham Away

Tottenham Home

Stoke Home

Sunderland Home

19 games where we turned up and gave a good account of ourselves. Of course we didn''t win them all but I''m afraid that''s a fact of life we have to live with. But we most certainly turned up for those 19 games. So that''s 19 from 32 which I make 60%. You''ll probably nit pick a few and get it down to 50% because you didn''t like the result. However I''m well looking forward to you making a case for 20%...

Betterer players make a betterer team.

This bloke is a boner fied Guinness.

You might wroite betterer than me, but you int gotta be proper brainy to rarelize that you are a biggert.

The team inherited was fulla lore league players, Tearney, Ward, that Fox and all the rest on em. Your proper thick if you think that lot are better than what were got now.

Spellin - A+

Football nolledge - F

6 points is next to nothing with our run in , beat West Brom next week and we may just stay up but thats a may not a will , draw or lose Saturday and we are down . Anybody thinking we will win away at Fulham or beat one of the big four really do live in a fantasy land .

[quote user="nutty nigel"] 

Everton Home

Southampton Home

Villa Home

Stoke Away

Chelsea Home

Arsenal Away

Cardiff Home

West Ham Home

Palace Home

WBA Away

Swansea Home

Man Utd Home

Hull Home

Cardiff Away

Man City Home

West Ham Away

Tottenham Home

Stoke Home

Sunderland Home

19 games where we turned up and gave a good account of ourselves. Of course we didn''t win them all but I''m afraid that''s a fact of life we have to live with. But we most certainly turned up for those 19 games. So that''s 19 from 32 which I make 60%. You''ll probably nit pick a few and get it down to 50% because you didn''t like the result. However I''m well looking forward to you making a case for 20%...

[/quote]
While I respect your opinion being positive about some of the games you have picked, I shall as you say ''nit-pick'' and single some out as ones I don''t really agree with.

Everton Home - Agreed, a very positive and optimistic start to the season. [Y]

Southampton Home - We were very lucky not to draw or lose this. I remember Lallana hit the post, and although a draw was a fairer result, we turned up! [Y]

Villa Home - I didn''t get to plastically watch this game so cannot comment.

Stoke Away - Strong midfield performance. Agreed [Y]

Chelsea Home - I thought we turned up, but got complacent at the end and Tettey and Ruddy let us down. Still agreed [Y]

Arsenal Away - Same as the Villa game, I missed it.

Cardiff Home - I thought we flattered to deceive, and looked sub standard despite having many ''shots'' on target, we never really threatened, or stretched Marshall much. [N]

West Ham Home - Only second half. [N]

Palace Home - Yes [Y]

WBA Away - I don''t know how we won this game, I felt they really put us under the cosh [N]

Swansea Home - Average to good performance, but Bassong gave away the goal.

Man Utd Home - Agreed. [Y]

Hull Home - Boring, and I felt we should have been 2-0 down after 10 minutes. Bennett put a better shine on it. Not a great performance for me [N]

Cardiff Away - Capitulation [N]

Man City Home - They looked lethargic, and we looked organised the way Palace played against Chelsea yesterday. [Y]

West Ham Away - Average. We never would have scored if we played until the following week.

Tottenham Home - Same as Man City at home. One Bassong slip, and Adebayor not taking the chance helped. [Y]

Stoke Home - Agreed [Y]

Sunderland Home - Agreed [Y]

So for me 10 good performances win, lose or draw. 9 games of which I felt were wasteful and inept, or we were just a passenger. Sunderland was an average game to my memory (not much makes it memorable).

I''d add these games to the ones in which I felt we were uncommitted and poor.

Hull away

Tottenham away

Man United away (CUP)

Man City away

Newcastle away

Liverpool away

Fulham home

Everton away

Fulham away (CUP)

Newcastle away

Newcastle home

Villa away

Saints away

Swansea away

So I''d add 12 league games and 2 cup games to my list of 9. So to my mind that makes 10 league games that we were playing the way I know we are capable, against 22 performances when we either couldn''t care, or were below par and got away with it, or were punished. Maybe I should have said that the 30% should have been for the times we applied ourselves, put effort in, and play the game we know NCFC can.

[quote user="Francis The Farmer"]The team inherited was fulla lore league players, Tearney, Ward, that Fox and all the rest on em. Your proper thick if you think that lot are better than what were got now.[/quote]
Yeah, you''re right those players were awful scoring more goals than their replacement ''upgrades'', and gaining more points than the players brought in by the current management that also replaced them. Well done *clap clap*
If the players we replaced were lower league, then what standard are the ones that have been brought in? They are achieving less in every department in the stat charts. And what''s more, if the current lot aren''t good enough, why were they brought in? Surely there is no need to bring players in that weren''t and upgrade on the team of the first season.
I''d say based on these points, you are a ''proppa idiot'' mate.
Football knowledge - ungraded.
Village idiot - A+
Happy trolling [;)]

I am now confused as to which games you missed?.....

"Cardiff Home - I thought we flattered to deceive, and looked sub standard despite having many ''shots'' on target, we never really threatened, or stretched Marshall much. No [N]"

Unless I am mistaken wasnt Marshall man of the match after having pulled of many stops and saves?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

"Cardiff Home - I thought we flattered to deceive, and looked sub standard despite having many ''shots'' on target, we never really threatened, or stretched Marshall much. No [N]"

Unless I am mistaken wasnt Marshall man of the match after having pulled of many stops and saves?

[/quote]
I do not know who ended as MOM, but I remember discussing on here after the game and the general consensus was that we had a lot of huff and puff. He wasn''t really stretched, as a lot of the shots were from outside the box, and not at the corners of the goal. Most shots were mid height and more to the middle of the goal. He was rarely stretched.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

I do not know who ended as MOM, but I remember discussing on here after the game and the general consensus was that we had a lot of huff and puff. He wasn''t really stretched, as a lot of the shots were from outside the box, and not at the corners of the goal. Most shots were mid height and more to the middle of the goal. He was rarely stretched.

[/quote]

If you are basing your opinions of matches on discussions on here you really have lost it!

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]The majority of supporters are realists and are not represented here, not even by me.[/quote]I have to say that the only fans I encounter who are not seriously worried about relegation and keen to see a change of manager are on this board.At work, or socially all the fans I meet are not "Outers" but "Desperate-to-see-the-club-do-wellers", who believe that Hughton is a major part of the problem.Some have come to that belief later than others, but it is now 100%.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Maybe I should have said that the 30% should

have been for the times we applied ourselves, put effort in, and play the game

we know NCFC can.[/quote]

But you didn''t say that did you...

Nutty your being a little pedantic.

In all honesty, of the games mentioned we have had good spells, but the reality is we have not sustained those performances for 90 minutes in the majority of games.

One of my major criticism of Hughton is that when we play well it tends to be either in the first half or the second, i can remember few instances over the season of us performing for the whole game.

I think you''re being unrealistic Pricey. How many games do any of the clubs around us dominate for 90 mins? However if that''s the criteria then the total for us this season in 0.

I only tend to watch them on MoTD or against the big boys so can''t answer that, i expect very few, hence why they are in the same precarious situation. I think my point still stands though.

If we have a good first half, we have a history of sitting back more in the second half and while some of the reasoning for this can be put down to opposition having to step their game up, i expect a lot of it comes down to the team set up after half time, keep it tight and hold onto the lead. This tactic is infuriating.

It''s similar when we have to rely on a strong second half performance. It''s just frustrating the team have gone out initially looking jaded and off the pace and on occasion unmotivated. For me this comes down to the management team.

It''s the league Pricey. The other sides show the same inconsistencies. Otherwise they''d all be top half where Southampton are. Or would they....

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]So I am a troll because my view of things is different from yours . No debate the ?

The majority of supporters are realists and are not represented here, not even by me.[/quote]

At least many of the outers can spell.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Francis The Farmer"]The team inherited was fulla lore league players, Tearney, Ward, that Fox and all the rest on em. Your proper thick if you think that lot are better than what were got now.[/quote]
Yeah, you''re right those players were awful scoring more goals than their replacement ''upgrades'', and gaining more points than the players brought in by the current management that also replaced them. Well done *clap clap*
If the players we replaced were lower league, then what standard are the ones that have been brought in? They are achieving less in every department in the stat charts. And what''s more, if the current lot aren''t good enough, why were they brought in? Surely there is no need to bring players in that weren''t and upgrade on the team of the first season.]
[/quote]

You must be on that crystal broth, that dornt not even make no sense.

I also see your admitted to Nigel that you dornt watch harf the games. That about sum it up.

An peeple reckon that Hughton is clueless, christ alive.

Wossa stat chart? Wears Tearney in the current stat chart? Or that Fox or Morrisons?

Mate? Yorll be lucky, if you had mates you wont be on hear at all times of the middle of the night an that.

My ol''man allus said that yanks dint know diddly squat about nuthin. Mother thort different in the war an that but thats a different tale. I agree with Dad.