Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

oh Wilfried Bony, it could have been you...

Do you mean he could have been the multi million pund striker to fail to score in our style of play and incur the wrath of the fans?   and costing virtually the same as ricky and hoops combined? [;)]

Always a good option,  (1 I flagged last winter along with ricky, kadlec & aubameyang) - but was always going to be at a club with some european competition appearances. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Do you mean he could have been the multi million pund striker to fail to score in our style of play and incur the wrath of the fans?   and costing virtually the same as ricky and hoops combined? [;)]

Always a good option,  (1 I flagged last winter along with ricky, kadlec & aubameyang) - but was always going to be at a club with some european competition appearances. 

[/quote]

fair points ZLF.. but a cautionary note to the board at NCFC.. if we are to survive and establish long term in this league we have to pay for the quality...

We aren''t "Little Norwich" anymore.. it''s time to take that plunge.

As much as I''d have liked Bony here he''d probably have found goals a bit harder to come by.

Although to be fair to him he is probably better at creating something for himself than Hooper or RVW - but then he did cost a lot of money.

Is it just me or isn''t it usually the successful employer or the player themselves (if anyone) who brings this kind of stuff up before a game against the unsuccessful one, i.e. aren''t we great, rather than the other way around?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Do you mean he could have been the multi million pund striker to fail to score in our style of play and incur the wrath of the fans?[/quote]Spot on.We could have paid even bigger money and signed someone like Mario Gomez or Jan Huntelaar, but they''d have been just as hamstrung as RVW has in the system and style of play Hughton insists upon.Bony would probably have done better than RVW in our setup, but in truth Hughton actually needed a Carroll type player and instead bought the complete opposite...

"We could have paid even bigger money and signed someone like Mario Gomez or Jan Huntelaar, but they''d have been just as hamstrung as RVW has in the system and style of play Hughton insists upon"

I hope you aren''t trying to suggest that Van Wolfswinkel is as good as those two players Indy, they are a klaas above.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"We could have paid even bigger money and signed someone like Mario Gomez or Jan Huntelaar, but they''d have been just as hamstrung as RVW has in the system and style of play Hughton insists upon"

I hope you aren''t trying to suggest that Van Wolfswinkel is as good as those two players Indy, they are a klaas above.[/quote]Lol at the Klaas bit [:D]Of course I''m not suggesting RVW is as good as either player, but the truth is that goal poachers need a certain sort of supply and method of play to be effective, and this is the same regardless of whether it''s RVW, Gomez or "Big Frank" (who does a sterling job in Sunday League football [;)])How we''ve setup to play requires a strong, well controlled target man who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game - we don''t have one of those...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

fair points ZLF.. but a cautionary note to the board at NCFC.. if we are to survive and establish long term in this league we have to pay for the quality...

[/quote]You are correct Jas, we do have to pay for quality. But the fact remains that we don''t have the money to pay that kind of price on a single player.

That''s just clutching at straws talk.

We were linked with everyone at that point of the season

What he should of said was ''yeah I bought a heap of ****, but I was gonna buy bony but Ricky had better stats on championship manager at that time because I don''t really know what im doing''

I reckon we''d be at least 6-9 points better off if he''d been here. We''ve had an awful lot of good chances go begging (especially recently).

Or perhaps after blowing the bulk of our budget on him, and neglecting other areas of the team, we conceded more goals, and were actually worse off?

Sure , Bony is sharp...at the moment......but

Bigger picture....... we are 7pts clear of drop zone with 7 games left with a misfiring strikeforce, not too bad really. 2 pts above the club Bony plays for. not too bad either.All is not lost. RvW and Hoops form will return, as loss of form is as temporary as form itself.

Sits back, awaits accusation of Happy Clapping.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You are correct Jas, we do have to pay for quality. But the fact remains that we don''t have the money to pay that kind of price on a single player.[/quote]didn''t the transfer fee for Hoops and RVW combined come to more than 12 million??? so yes.. yes we could afford it.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]right and what if he then got injured. You have to have two good strikers. (swansea have bony and michu)[/quote]Michu has missed most of this season.. so what''s your point?

I agree, Morty, but could we have stumped up the extra £4m (vs RvW) without breaking the bank? Perhaps we could ........

But he might not have come anyway. Broken a leg first game. Been abducted by aliens. Whatever.

Whatever. Hindsight''s always 20/20. We are where we are, & have to fight our way out of it (well, the players do anyway).

Above replying to:

Or perhaps after blowing the bulk of our budget on him, and neglecting other areas of the team, we conceded more goals, and were actually worse off?

Regardless of how well the two have fared, it''s obvious that Bony was they type of striker we needed, not RVW who can''t seem to fashion anything on his own.

Hughton says that Norwich became aware of Bony but had signed RvW in March 2013.Some may remember that I was posting about Bony in 2012 which was well before RvW signed for Norwich...

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Hughton says that Norwich became aware of Bony but had signed RvW in March 2013.Some may remember that I was posting about Bony in 2012 which was well before RvW signed for Norwich...[/quote]

Is that you trying to take credit? Anyone who played FM or followed Dutch football could have told you about him years ago.

Watching his performance against us again on MOTD made me feel sick...

THAT''s how a striker who doesn''t score in the game should impact it... RVW take note!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="tom cavendish"]Hughton says that Norwich became aware of Bony but had signed RvW in March 2013.Some may remember that I was posting about Bony in 2012 which was well before RvW signed for Norwich...[/quote]

Is that you trying to take credit? Anyone who played FM or followed Dutch football could have told you about him years ago.[/quote]I have never once played FM. Regardless, it seems that I was aware of Bony''s talents well before Hughton was.I was also proven right that the management team would struggle to sign good strikers even when money is made available.

Doesn''t he allude to the fact that every premiership team has a good scouting network that is aware of everyone making waves in europes top divisions?

I''m pretty sure he''ll have been on lists since we got back to the premiership, perhaps even before.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Doesn''t he allude to the fact that every premiership team has a good scouting network that is aware of everyone making waves in europes top divisions?

I''m pretty sure he''ll have been on lists since we got back to the premiership, perhaps even before.[/quote]No. CH made it clear that we had shown interest in Bony but had already signed RvW by then.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="tom cavendish"]Hughton says that Norwich became aware of Bony but had signed RvW in March 2013.

Some may remember that I was posting about Bony in 2012 which was well before RvW signed for Norwich...[/quote] Is that you trying to take credit? Anyone who played FM or followed Dutch football could have told you about him years ago.[/quote]

I have never once played FM. Regardless, it seems that I was aware of Bony''s talents well before Hughton was.

I was also proven right that the management team would struggle to sign good strikers even when money is made available.

[/quote]

But they didn''t struggle, they signed two so you were wrong, incorrect, in error, mistaken and wide of the mark. Now go and sit in the corner with the dunces hat on.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="tom cavendish"]Hughton says that Norwich became aware of Bony but had signed RvW in March 2013.Some may remember that I was posting about Bony in 2012 which was well before RvW signed for Norwich...[/quote] Is that you trying to take credit? Anyone who played FM or followed Dutch football could have told you about him years ago.[/quote]I have never once played FM. Regardless, it seems that I was aware of Bony''s talents well before Hughton was.I was also proven right that the management team would struggle to sign good strikers even when money is made available.[/quote]

But they didn''t struggle, they signed two so you were wrong, incorrect, in error, mistaken and wide of the mark. Now go and sit in the corner with the dunces hat on. 

[/quote]

6 strikers have been signed scoring only 8 Premier League goals between

them for Norwich, so I think it is fair to say that I have been proven right when I predicted that they

would struggle to sign good strikers (and what I said about Bony well before RvW was signed):Kamara (1)Kane (0)Becchio (0)Elmander (1)RvW (1)Hooper (5)

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="tom cavendish"]Hughton says that Norwich became aware of Bony but had signed RvW in March 2013.Some may remember that I was posting about Bony in 2012 which was well before RvW signed for Norwich...[/quote] Is that you trying to take credit? Anyone who played FM or followed Dutch football could have told you about him years ago.[/quote]I have never once played FM. Regardless, it seems that I was aware of Bony''s talents well before Hughton was.I was also proven right that the management team would struggle to sign good strikers even when money is made available.[/quote]

[/quote]

6 strikers have been signed scoring only 8 Premier League goals between

them for Norwich, so I think it is fair to say that I have been proven right when I predicted that they

would struggle to sign good strikers (and what I said about Bony well before RvW was signed):Kamara (1) Kane (0) Becchio (0) Elmander (1) RvW (1) Hooper (5)[/quote]

As a highly qualified scout/coach/manager and hotel designer, would expect you to be right.....always!