Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Do we just need one more point??

Not that I would ever think of it this way as much more stranger things have happened but when you look at the average points per game no team in the bottom three should be able to make above 32 points, assuming they carry on at the same average points per game....

Cardiff : Played 32 and have got 26 points = 0.8125 points per game. Therefore in theory they will be 4.875 points from their last 6 games giving them a total 30.875 points.

Sunderland : Played 30 : 25 Points = 0.8333 per game. They should get 6.67 points from their remaining 8 games which gives a total of 32 points. Please also note they play four top six teams in the their next four.

Fulham should only get to 28.5 points at their rate of points.

We should never take our foot off the pedal but I cannot see any of them teams getting much better so the way I see it we need 35 points to definitely be safe.

1. Would 33 points potentially keep us up?

Yes, I don''t see the bottom three with the exception of Sunderland who have a bit more spirit, mustering enough to beat th 32 point mark so yes it may well be.

2. Should we allow ourselves to look at it that way?

No. We could and should be West Brom so get to 35 points. I think that makes us safer and if we find ourselves dropping points there then we give the others around us massive encouragement, in particular Fulham. And we know what can happen when we go to Craven Cottage.

Also, if we consider the last two games of last season where we jumped right up the table the players and club should understand that every place higher we can finish is extra revenue for the club and that can be very beneficial. I place no expectation on points from anything other than a win against West Brom and a draw with Fulham in truth, but 36 points would make for a slightly more comfortable finish.