Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

I've just clocked the magnitude of the situation we're in...

I hadnt really looked at the last 4 fixtures before tonight but now that I have, 2 things spring to mind:a) WBA is a huge stonking game. Absolutely critical we win that!b) if we get more than a point from the final 4 I will be really really shocked. 2 away games in succession at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford- Huck me!

Would someone mind posting something positive in response because I feel extremely negative about our chances at the moment [:(]

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Would someone mind posting something positive in response because I feel extremely negative about our chances at the moment [:(][/quote]If we go down there''ll be eight more games next season. [<:o)]

[quote user="Private Frazer"]We''ll beat Arsenal.  They won''t give a **** by then. And Manure is worth a point.
In other words, chillax Dave.
[/quote]Not a hope.We are relying on the fact that there are some F*cking terrible teams in the league this year and we have not been as bad as them in all of our games.We will stay up because Fulham, Cardiff and Palace will go down.However we MUST get rid of the mismanagement team as soon as the final final whistle goes.

I think the league will play out like this:

Hull (37)

West Brom (36)

Palace (35)

Sunderland (35)

-----------------

Norwich (34)

Cardiff (30)

Fulham (29)

I''ve based that on us drawing with West Brom and Arsenal and losing the rest, including at Fulham.

Sunderland have two home games against Brom and Swansea at the end. I think that could save them.

Hull are interesting. They have tough games coming up. They have a better frontline than ours, but if results don''t go their way against Swansea and Fulham (I think they''ll get 4 points from those two) then they could easily take the third relegation place. I think Jelavic and Long will see them over the line though.

If we don''t beat Brom I can''t see us surviving. Even that win alone may not be enough. We certainly can''t bank on us getting anything at Craven Cottage. Especially given we are even more woeful away than usual.

This club is going to pay dearly for not getting rid of Chris Hughton.

We will lose to Liverpool, United & Chelsea. In my eyes the next 2 games are biggest two games weve had in a long time, have to beat WBA & have to get something at Fulham. Fulham are poor relying on 17 & 18 year olds, Dembele, Woodrow, Roberts. But bo doubt we will go there be awful, Sidwell and Parker will run the show, Duff will return and look like Messi, and get beat 3-0.

Have a go at the premier league predictor. However many times i complete it, I have 35 points being just enough. Those points coming from draws against Fulham, Arsenal and West Brom.

A win against West Brom and we should be safe. But i doubt we will win, in typical Norwich fashion it''s going to go down to final day

Problem is that Arsenal may need something to clinch Champions League, with Everton closing. the best thing would be for them to have locked down 4th and hope that by then they have the distraction of an FA Cup Final.

Bottom line is that the WBA game is for us effectively a relegation decider as fail to win and the chances of survival are very small.

I can see us with 35 points, maybe 36..... but think it will be enough.

We''re on 32, a win over WBA at the weekend will happen taking us to 35. As optimistic as I''d like to be I just can''t see us getting anything at Fulham for no other reason than we never do... (but fingers crossed nonetheless).

The games against Chelski, Man U and Liverpool I''m afraid, barring some kind of miracle are write offs - this because, again we get don''t get anything against Chelsea, Man U, as poor as they are will get beat us and Liverpool, well, let''s face it, are in form and Suarez always has a blast against us.

The Arsenal game I can see being worthless to them as they are out of the race and should have tied up 4th by then, so we can probably manage a point.

That all said though and without knowing the fixtures to come, I believe Fulham and Cardiff are as good as gone for me... I can''t see Sunderland picking up too many more points, WBA will also be in trouble after this weekend. Palace, while they got a good win at the weekend, won''t mainatain it - I think we''ll be fine

If we beat West Brom and dont lose to Fulham we will be fine. easy, right?!

I also think we may get a point out of our last 4 games. given our away form it''ll have to be against liverpool or arsenal. arsenal dont have suarez so my 20p will be going on a draw with them.

for me its a fight between palace, sunderland, WBA and us for the 3rd relegation spot, and i think that 36 pts will be enough to survive. 35, given our goal difference would be cutting it fine.

lets hope for a fighting performance this weekend because we were woeful on saturday.

[quote] user="RvW''s 4 year contract"]I hadnt really looked at the last 4 fixtures before tonight but now that I have, 2 things spring to mind:

a) WBA is a huge stonking game. Absolutely critical we win that!

b) if we get more than a point from the final 4 I will be really really shocked. 2 away games in succession at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford- Huck me!

Would someone mind posting something positive in response because I feel extremely negative about our chances at the moment [:(]
[/quote]

The fixtures are published in June each year, that''s a good time to study the fixtures and realise that everyone plays each other twice.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]We''ll beat Arsenal.  They won''t give a **** by then. And Manure is worth a point.
[/quote]

Ah, yes, like Fulham 15th May 2005. A newspaper article that weekend stated :

Norwich are unique among the 92 members of the four divisions in their failure to record a single victory outside their own ground. "If you can''t win you certainly need to pick up points by drawing away from home," said the manager Nigel Worthington. They have gathered only seven of them.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="Private Frazer"]We''ll beat Arsenal.  They won''t give a **** by then. And Manure is worth a point.

[/quote] Ah, yes, like Fulham 15th May 2005. A newspaper article that weekend stated : Norwich are unique among the 92 members of the four divisions in their failure to record a single victory outside their own ground. "If you can''t win you certainly need to pick up points by drawing away from home," said the manager Nigel Worthington. They have gathered only seven of them.[/quote]

Or perhaps a more recent example was our away game at Man City last season.  But no-one really thinks them being "on the beach" made any difference there, do they ?

And this season, unlike 2005 we''ve managed a couple of away wins so far.

[quote user="Trowse Map"]Here is my positive statement:

Fulham and Cardiff are dead and buried. Sunderland are in a worse situation than we are.[/quote]Are Sunderland really in a worse situation?If they beat West Ham tonight they are right back in it!

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="Trowse Map"]Here is my positive statement:

Fulham and Cardiff are dead and buried. Sunderland are in a worse situation than we are.[/quote]Are Sunderland really in a worse situation?If they beat West Ham tonight they are right back in it![/quote]Yes. Take a look at their remaining fixtures. They''re just as bad as ours. It''s just ours comes in a run at the end of the season.Even if they win tonight, they''ll be 4 points behind us. Their last 8 games comprise of Man City, Spurs, Everton, Chelsea & Man Utd, as well as some ''6 pointers'' against Cardiff & WBA.Plus, people on here tend to forget that while we were awful on the Saturday, just 6 days prior, we were way better than Sunderland.I think Sunderland are down, regardless of what happens tonight.

"Must win" in over-used, but WBA really is huge.

Win and we''re pretty much safe.

Lose and we''re pretty much relegated.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''ve got Sunderland down to win tonight how about you?[/quote]Looks like a nailed on 0-0.

The situation we are in has been critical for many weeks now, and I think that many of us were expecting it go to perhaps even the last day....could be fun.....lets try and enjoy it!  

Whilst I don''t discount the possibility of garnering a point or two in our last four games we have known what is required since the fixtures came out.

If we don''t gain three points on Saturday and at least one against Fulham we have failed in our objectives this season.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]The situation we are in has been critical for many weeks now, and I think that many of us were expecting it go to perhaps even the last day....could be fun.....lets try and enjoy it!  [/quote]"Could be fun...Try and enjoy it"  from an armchair fan in some foreign country about 3500 miles away! You couldn''t make it up![:@]Knob cheese!

Levi Stubbs wrote the following post at 31/03/2014 6:28 PM:

Dubai Mark wrote:

The situation we are in has been critical for many weeks now, and I think that many of us were expecting it go to perhaps even the last day....could be fun.....lets try and enjoy it!

"Could be fun...Try and enjoy it" from an armchair fan in some foreign country about 3500 miles away!

You couldn''t make it up!Angry [:@]

Knob cheese!

Ooh! That''s an embarrassing post.

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]"Could be fun...Try and enjoy it"  from an armchair fan in some foreign country about 3500 miles away! You couldn''t make it up![:@]Knob cheese![/quote]What a charming individual you are. Your family must be so proud (!)