Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Premier League Predictor

Can anyone give me the link for a good Premier League predictor? Cant seem to find one. Id like to (now there are only 6 games left) have a crack at predicting the matches and see how the table would finish.

It''s done through a Palace site, but does the job. Funnily enough i had Palace last once i finished it - can''t see that happening

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=500

[quote user="priceyrice"]It''s done through a Palace site, but does the job. Funnily enough i had Palace last once i finished it - can''t see that happening

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=500[/quote]Thanks for this mate! Been looking for a decent one for ages!

I''ve just completed this one and we go down on GD....

Did anyone else do this last week? If so did you do better than me? I got one bottom club result right which was Fulham''s. If Sunderland win tonight that will be two!

I got the Fulham, Hull and West Brom results correct, but you make a good point Nigel, points come from games you will never predict and points are lost in the same manner.

I completed the table by favouring the teams around us and we still stay up, so i''m holding onto that bit of hope.

If we fail to get 3 points from the remaining games, we simply deserve to go down.

I would say lucky Nutty! My betting this season has not gone well, and as the hundreds of everton fans who constantly keep reminding me on twitter would tell you, my prediction on them struggling this season couldn''t have been any worse!

That being said, i do keep meaning to get involved with Rays Funds each season, just don''t get the time to post on here that much these days - next season!

Predicting scores and results at this stage of the season is well nigh an impossible task.   Palace beating Chelsea is just one example.   Nothing is predictable.   All clubs from top to bottom are going to win some they shouldn''t and lose some they should win.   Including us.  People fret over the last four games, but it wouldn''t surprise me if we lost to WBA and Fulham, then beat  L''pool.   In that scenario L''pool will start to tighten up as they feel the pressure of being at the top and we will have nothing to lose.   Simply anything is possible - and those that have given up on those last four games should remember that.   The season ends on May 11th, not after the Fulham game.

Your spot on LDC, too many people writting these games off, saying that, if we lost to WBA and Fulham i think it''s game over.

I see the Arsenal game as a very good chance for 3 points, assuming they have 4th spot nailed on. Man U have been shocking at home this season and you never know, could get a draw at the bridge.

Well Priceyrice and LDC and your other hoppo, Morty,I find your complacency breathtaking. We''re sinking fast, missing opportunity after opportunity to pick up points against clubs outside the top 6, and you are calmly talking about saving our season with 3 points against Arsenal in the last game of the season. Fulham, with "nothing to play for" except a pride that our players seem not to possess, beat us 6-0 in the last game of the season and down we went.

I''m afraid to say I HAVE written some games off...The away games.

I''m going to Fulham away but I fully expect us to get a hiding and I expect us to get similar results (defeats!) at The Bridge and Old Trafford.

West Brom next week is massive- but we all knew that anyway!

[quote user="Snoots"]Well Priceyrice and LDC and your other hoppo, Morty,I find your complacency breathtaking. We''re sinking fast, missing opportunity after opportunity to pick up points against clubs outside the top 6, and you are calmly talking about saving our season with 3 points against Arsenal in the last game of the season. Fulham, with "nothing to play for" except a pride that our players seem not to possess, beat us 6-0 in the last game of the season and down we went.[/quote]

Words come to mind when all around you people are shouting  - "the ships sinking" and "abandon ship" - and that is......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do

Nothing is predictable.

Apart from Norwich City capitulating away from home. Relying on home form now and three worse teams than us is a depressing thought. Awful way to go through a season.

HUGHTON OUT

I have done the predictor and top and bottom of the table for me are:

1. Man City - 88 pts

2. Liverpool - 87 pts

3. Chelsea - 85 pts

4. Arsenal - 78 pts

5. Everton - 72 pts

14. Crystal Palace - 37 pts

15. Norwich - 37 pts

16. West Ham - 36 pts

17. West Brom - 36 pts

18. Sunderland - 32 pts

19. Cardiff - 29 pts

20. Fulham - 29 pts

As far as our games go I have said narrow win at West Brom, draw with Fulham and Arsenal and defeats elsewhere. Far from scientifc but just current feeling on it.

I''m looking forward to it Pricey, you''d be a great addition to our team.

To those harping back to 2005 and just remembering the last game should also maybe remember that we picked up 4 wins in our last 7 games including beating Man Utd. I''m not saying we are going to repeat that but I am saying that it would have blown your predictions out of the water. Palace beating Chelsea must also have thrown them out for this season. Those 3 points maker a huge difference in a league as tight as this.

We''ve got 6 big games left including the visits of West brom, Liverpool and Arsenal. If you can''t get excited about that then your tickets really are a waste of money. Bring it on I say! These games are far more exciting than mid table mediocrity. If we do the predictor after each set of results we''ll change our minds often in the next few weeks.

Mine came out as:

1. Man City - 87pts

2. Liverpool - 85pts

3. Chelsea - 83pts

4. Arsenal - 77pts

5. Everton - 71pts

14. Hull - 38pts

15. West Brom - 37pts

16. Norwich - 36pts

17. Crystal Palace - 34pts

18. Cardiff - 32pts

19. Sunderland - 30pts

20. Fulahm - 29pts

Well now, when I think back to the exciting games that I''ve watched over the years the one thing they have in common is that the result really mattered. I can''t think of any mid-table fixture where the excitement came even close to it. You can''t create that atmosphere in games where the result doesn''t really matter. Can you?

I actually really enjoyed the games against Swansea (both), Newcastle at home, Spurs away to name a few from 2011/12 that I really enjoyed. We were in mid-table mediocrity at the time, but then again we weren''t playing ambition-free football under that manager, which always helps.

Interesting that the two final table predictions posted on this thread have the third bottom team ending up on 32 points - meaning that we only need one more point!

I enjoyed those games too. But they weren''t so exciting as games where there''s a full house and the result really matters. Palace at home in ''73 is still fresh in my memory. The game was pretty crap though. The season you speak of Spurs away was probably the only one of those games where there wasn''t so much on the result. I went and really enjoyed it as a spectacle but the excitement wasn''t there. Newcastle was early season and another enjoyable game but nothing like the excitement and atmosphere of Newcastle at home in April 2005 when the result really mattered.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Interesting that the two final table predictions posted on this thread have the third bottom team ending up on 32 points - meaning that we only need one more point![/quote]

Good job, as that might be all we get considering we have our bogey team Fulham (and its away) and the big 4 to play in our last 6 matches. Hoepfully West Brom will be as wasteful as they were last time and we''ll get all 3

A game I really enjoyed was when we beat QPR 3-2 to deny them the title. We were already safe, but somehow being involved in the title race made for a great occasion.

We have a couple of those coming up still.

I well remember that QPR game but in hindsight we denied a flair team with outstanding stylish players a deserved title in favour of a dull defensive Liverpool. I wish they had won that day.

Peter Morris even scored and from recollection I think he only ever scored once for us.

This season Liverpool are the flair team and would be popular champions.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I well remember that QPR game but in hindsight we denied a flair team with outstanding stylish players a deserved title in favour of a dull defensive Liverpool. I wish they had won that day.

Peter Morris even scored and from recollection I think he only ever scored once for us.

This season Liverpool are the flair team and would be popular champions.[/quote]I''d like to see Liverpool win it but would still be overjoyed to get a point from them.