Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

POTS winner....

The player who currently has over 50% of the vote for Player of the Season is...

Carlo Nash.

I had to look on the Facebook voting page to believe it, and it is literally countless votes for Nash. I suppose it''s a kind of ''protest vote'' as no one really deserves to win it (maybe Olsson for his consistency). It''ll be interesting if Nash did win the vote whether the club would actually go through with it, or get the sponsors or something to pick the winner.

But still a long time to go as yet. Might just be a phase which will die off after a while

People do deserve to win it tho so dont understand that reasoning. olsson, ruddy, howson, snoddy all had good seasons so far. Still 7 games to go so alot can change.

I find the idea of using the POTS vote as some kind of protest really odd. What message does it send to those players who actually have done well this season - Tettey, Olsson, and not least John Ruddy.

It''s pretty pathetic isn''t it. What''s the protest vote all about? Wasn''t there a protest organised on Facebook outside the director''s entrance after the game last Saturday. How did that go?

As things stand Snoddy gets my vote for POTS.

Bloody childish. Sure we''ve been pretty poor overall this season, but what kind of message does that send to the players?

Pretty dumb of NCFC to allow voting on Facebook, an open internet site where anybody from anywhere can vote for our POTS.

What did they expect would happen?

pretty pathetic from our own fans...

Snodgrass for me

with Ruddy and Olsson 2nd and 3rd respectively

I think it is pathetic to be having a player of the season vote in March in the middle of a relegation battle, with certain players coming into form who might have been contenders if this was allowed to run for the duration of the season (Howson, Tettey, Ruddy).

So I don''t care if they sabotage it.

Olsson for me, followed by Snoddy and Redmond

Snoddy gets it for me overall. Goals, assists, passion and work rate. Hard to ask for more really.

I agree its stupid timing and wish it was all left till a week before the last game or something - but don''t see how this ''protest vote'' accomplishes anything.

I think it''d be a bit generous to give it to Snodgrass. He''s hit some better form in recent weeks and some of the criticism he was taking earlier in the season was a bit OTT but for a large part of this season his form was a mixed bag or below average.

Given we''ve kept 11 clean sheets in the league I think Ruddy must be in with a fair shout. As does Olsson. He''s been a virtual ever present in defence and is a big part of that 11 clean sheets - and in his debut season too.

Howson was well ahead before his injury and you could probably say that when he''s been fit he''s delivered to a higher standard more consistently than Snodgrass. His excellent performance against Sunderland showed what we''ve been missing and perhaps he could still get himself back in the running for POTS.

But as for the players who have played most or all of the season...I can''t see that Snodgrass has done enough to put himself ahead of Ruddy or Olsson.

[quote user="hogesar"]Snoddy gets it for me overall. Goals, assists, passion and work rate. Hard to ask for more really.

I agree its stupid timing and wish it was all left till a week before the last game or something - but don''t see how this ''protest vote'' accomplishes anything.[/quote]Yeah has to be Snodgrass for me too.Ollson has done well too, but vital goals from Snoddy put him just in front for me.

Olsson is the only player who makes sense to me. Snodgrass was woeful for the majority of the season, Ruddy has not been himself (although I think that is more about the defence hes had in front of him) Fer, Redmond, Hooper, Martin have all had little bursts of good but not all season.Maybe Tettey for 2nd place but has had some really poor showings mixed in there too.

This is about the players and not matter how poor we have been as a collective group over the past season, that said we have in parts been good and have picked things up at home since January if people care to look at something positive.

For me Snodders has given the most, he has been poor at times but still works his socks off and cares about the result.

Best first seaosn has to go to Olsson, has been very good and knocked out Gerrido who has not been seen this side of Christmas! Does anyone know where he is?

Then you look at the rest, Fer, Tettey, Howson, Pilks all had long term injuries and not played enough to warrant this award, though Howson has been suprb this seaons when played.

Ruddy has not done nothing wrong but not really the same level as last year for me, his kicking and ball distribution has been poor.

I hat to say it, but I would even consider Yobo as he has had a great calming, steady and reassured infuence to our defence at home, great signing and one I poo pooed at the time.

So my 1,2,3:

1st Snograss

2nd Olsson

3rd Yobo

[quote user="GJP"]

I think it''d be a bit generous to give it to Snodgrass. He''s hit some better form in recent weeks and some of the criticism he was taking earlier in the season was a bit OTT but for a large part of this season his form was a mixed bag or below average.

Given we''ve kept 11 clean sheets in the league I think Ruddy must be in with a fair shout. As does Olsson. He''s been a virtual ever present in defence and is a big part of that 11 clean sheets - and in his debut season too.

Howson was well ahead before his injury and you could probably say that when he''s been fit he''s delivered to a higher standard more consistently than Snodgrass. His excellent performance against Sunderland showed what we''ve been missing and perhaps he could still get himself back in the running for POTS.

But as for the players who have played most or all of the season...I can''t see that Snodgrass has done enough to put himself ahead of Ruddy or Olsson.

[/quote]It''s not just about form. Snoddy played through a bad patch, never went missing and always gave everything for the fans and the team. His contribution is head and shoulders above the rest this season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]It''s not just about form. Snoddy played through a bad patch, never went missing and always gave everything for the fans and the team. His contribution is head and shoulders above the rest this season.[/quote]

This.

Snoddy for me. Always giving his all. A true, passionate player, the type of which is disappointingly rare these days. Everyone''s agreed there have been some very tough times this season, and Snoddys been the constant perseverance through it all. Arguably got us a lot of points, and not just through scoring goals.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

It''s not just about form. Snoddy played through a bad patch, never went missing and always gave everything for the fans and the team. His contribution is head and shoulders above the rest this season.
[/quote]

Ok, so who would you say has gone missing?

And also, if RVW finds some goals before the end of the season does he come into contention for POTS?

It has to be Olsson for me. It took him a time to settle, but since then he has been very consistent. Against Sunderland we saw a series of excellent crosses from the left, which means that we could play without a recognised left winger. He is quick, he blocks well and increasingly he is sure in the tackle.

Snoddy may be the leading scorer, which isn''t saying much, but he had until recently lost some of his sparkle and his menace to opponents.

He may not have played as many games as others, but I would put Howson second. Without him we struggled, with him we have midfield control and good passing. He is often marked by two defenders, which suggests that other teams have recognised his potential.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Olsson is the only player who makes sense to me. Snodgrass was woeful for the majority of the season, Ruddy has not been himself (although I think that is more about the defence hes had in front of him) Fer, Redmond, Hooper, Martin have all had little bursts of good but not all season.
Maybe Tettey for 2nd place but has had some really poor showings mixed in there too.
[/quote]

What he said. [Y]

Wow, just looked at the vote on FB. Over 900 comments and about 800 of them are "Carlo Nash". Whilst it made it chuckle, I don''t think this is actually how the club are going to compile the vote. Probably just something to keep the FB page looking busy.

That said, perhaps people seeing that will be inspired to vote for Carlo for the real thing?

If this *IS* how they''re compiling the vote, then surely they''d have to rule out Carlo''s votes for looking suspect, and instate the 2nd favourite as the winner? Which appears to be ollsson, or maybe Snoddy.

[quote user="Yobocop"]pretty pathetic from our own fans...

Snodgrass for me

with Ruddy and Olsson 2nd and 3rd respectively[/quote]Agree with the selection there. Would expect it to be one of these three for the POtS.