Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

End of season

[quote user="unique"]WBA is hardly an example of a dressing room imploding.

Some of the team took umbrage with one player who surrendered possession to Cardiff, and Cardiff went on to equalise and therefore cost WBA two extra points.

Far better than seeing the hang-dog expressions on the faces of the City players after they concede their first goal in each and every away match.

All that it proves is that the WBA players are taking their predicament seriously and will clearly be up for the fight on Saturday.

Three points that certainly cannot be taken for granted.[/quote]Really?A punch up and a player getting headbutted (allegedly) and you don''t call that a dressing room imploding?

Absolutely not. They were pi$$ed off because the player in question cost them three points. Shows passion and desire to me, and a realisation of the predicament they are in.......

.....better than being so laid back as to be almost horizontal, as our captain is currently showing.......

I bet WBA are up for a game on Saturday.......

That "horizontal" position unique is evidenced by his comments on the main pink''un site where he said something like "it''s [ie the WBA match] just another game" and "we can''t wait for the season to end". Is that calmness in the face of adversity or despondency?

I read the comments from those who voted "yes" and agree with some of the sentiments, but I personally cannot find the hope that they have that things will get any better. Too may things going wrong in my opinion and the team looks worse than the sum of it''s parts which is my bottom line test. Clean break required I feel.

I posted a thread a week or so ago saying I knew that Hughton wouldn''t be here next season and that''s still the case. He won''t be.

Imagining for a few seconds that I don''t know what I know - No, he shouldn''t be our manager next season. A nice fellow, respected by the football world, decent family man, but not good enough to manage at Premiership level.

It''s nothing against Chris, he''s just not as good as we all hoped he''d be. He has too many limitations. RvW looks a dud now, but I firmly believe that under new management next season he could look like a new signing for us.

The writing is on the wall and has been for many weeks and months. Chris Hughton won''t be our manager next season. We will part ways in the summer. The football world will express their shock. Alan Shearer will again wonder what we expect down here, but next season we will be all the better for being without Chris Hughton and I firmly believe we can actually push on to top half/mid-table finishes next season, instead of constantly having to say "But we''re x many points from mid-table" yet still looking a million miles away.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I posted a thread a week or so ago saying I knew that Hughton wouldn''t be here next season and that''s still the case. He won''t be. [/quote]

So you say Hughton is going and you say on another thread Lennon will be the next manager.   You keep repeating yourself over and over on different threads like one of those people who say   "I will give up smoking tomorrow" "I will give up smoking tomorrow", but it never happens.  Just like your predictions won''t happen, whatever inside knowledge you "think" you have.   

On the other hand a stopped clock is right twice a day.  Perhaps you''re one of those...........

But, LDC, maybe he does? There have been plenty of time wasters on here who claim inside knowledge and fade away, but maybe some people do know what is going on. We shouldn''t decry everyone just because there are also timewasters. I''m prepared to accept that there are people who know a lot more about the situation than I do as a mere seat-sitter, and I am also prepared to accept that those who do, or whose opinions are informed by other evidence, may be limited in their ability to give true sources (which is why the time wasters sometimes have afield day at our expense).

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]But, LDC, maybe he does? There have been plenty of time wasters on here who claim inside knowledge and fade away, but maybe some people do know what is going on. We shouldn''t decry everyone just because there are also timewasters. I''m prepared to accept that there are people who know a lot more about the situation than I do as a mere seat-sitter, and I am also prepared to accept that those who do, or whose opinions are informed by other evidence, may be limited in their ability to give true sources (which is why the time wasters sometimes have afield day at our expense).[/quote]

That may be the case, but as with a lot of these kind of pronouncements, they are usually proved to be b*sh*t, so Yellow Nets kind of posting - which he does time and time again, appears to be attention seeking and not the spreader of insightful knowledge.    Too many people come on here with things they claim to know, only to be proved wrong.  A lot of them just do it in the hope that they may be right, then can turn round and appear good in front of their mates.   Like I say, its the stopped clock syndrome.............

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]But, LDC, maybe he does? There have been plenty of time wasters on here who claim inside knowledge and fade away, but maybe some people do know what is going on. We shouldn''t decry everyone just because there are also timewasters. I''m prepared to accept that there are people who know a lot more about the situation than I do as a mere seat-sitter, and I am also prepared to accept that those who do, or whose opinions are informed by other evidence, may be limited in their ability to give true sources (which is why the time wasters sometimes have afield day at our expense).[/quote]

That may be the case, but as with a lot of these kind of pronouncements, they are usually proved to be b*sh*t, so Yellow Nets kind of posting - which he does time and time again, appears to be attention seeking and not the spreader of insightful knowledge.    Too many people come on here with things they claim to know, only to be proved wrong.  A lot of them just do it in the hope that they may be right, then can turn round and appear good in front of their mates.   Like I say, its the stopped clock syndrome.............

[/quote]Some posters do hear stuff. The odd straw even floats past my window. The problem with posters claiming as a certainty that Hughton will be sacked at the end of the season is that they are saying they know what the directors have already privately decided. And, for obvious reasons, that would be a decision the directors would very much want not to leak out. Which is not to say it would stay a secret, but if it did leak out as far as one or two Pink ''Un posters then it would almost certainly leak out further. It would have made the back pages by now.

I think with the exception of the usual suspects like LDC the vast vast majority are now officially outers so let''s get bwhind the team on Saturday and then make our collective voices heard at the final home game of the season.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I think with the exception of the usual suspects like LDC the vast vast majority are now officially outers so let''s get bwhind the team on Saturday and then make our collective voices heard at the final home game of the season.[/quote]

When are you going to get it in to your thick head that its not about "inners" and "outers".     It''s quite simple - Hughton keeps us up he stays, we go down and he will likely go.  Also, the constant drip drip drip of drips dripping out their drivel about how bad we are all the time, confuses the main issue, which is consistency - and that is where we can improve next season - imo under Hughton - but then what I think and most of us think is fairly irrelevant.

But you are nearly right - we need to focus on getting us over the line - but at ALL our remaining games this season.

....and this one thread really is the measure on the feelings of all Norwich City supporters then Waveney?....I think you need to get out more if you believe that.  That said, I would agree that the numbers of so called "outers" has grown........not sure its a majority though even now........ 

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]the vast vast majority are now officially outers[/quote]Five years ago it seemed "the vast majority" were outers as far as Delia was concerned. It didn''t have any effect then and it won''t have any effect now. Save your breath.....

[quote user="lake district canary"]  You keep repeating yourself over and over on different threads

[/quote]

Oh dear Lakey I cannot believe you of all people have posted this.[:P]