Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

End of season

Regardless of where we finish this season how many people want hughton managing us next season.

Simple yes or no. Even if we stay up I am a no. To many poor away displays over a couple of seasons

Hell no. P45 straight after the season has finished with a new man soon in place to have the time needed to prepare for next season.

He gotta go, had 2 full seasons, about £35m to spend, taken us too close to drop for 2 seasons running, hasnt improved us from the previous manager despite having the biggest budget a norwich manager has ever had. Too many poor performaces.

OH AND 4 AWAY WINS IN 2 SEASONS !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but NO.

Performances have been inconsistent but mostly dire. Never looked like replicating our 10 games unbeaten run from last season, struggle away from home, cant put 2 wins together at the moment, boring comments to the press. NO.

Absolutely no way. That bloke and his mates have inflicted misery and frustration but then thick head Shearer wants to know ''what''s going on down there''.

In fact he''s the only one who could do a worse job than our current incumbent. What marvellous irony!

No way, But I have a nasty feeling that he will still be here come the first day of the season. We only have to beat WBA on Saturday and it will all be pro Hughton again like it was when we beat Sunderland. He has to go!.

If only we could see into the future.

IF Hughton stayed and guided us to period of mid-table stability for the next few years, with good, exciting performances and a few good cup runs thrown in for good measure. Then yes.

But as this is pure speculation/conjecture/wishful thinking, we have to take a chance on a new man come the summer.

So no (with regret), you can''t just get by by being a nice guy..

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]If only we could see into the future. IF Hughton stayed and guided us to period of mid-table stability for the next few years, with good, exciting performances and a few good cup runs thrown in for good measure. Then yes. But as this is pure speculation/conjecture/wishful thinking, we have to take a chance on a new man come the summer. So no (with regret), you can''t just get by by being a nice guy..[/quote]

pretty much this, I''m still a Hughton fan and hope he can be here for may years, it''s not looking likely I''m sorry to say and a new manager could well get the good feeling back at matches.

NO. Other than a 10 game spell when we were quite decent, we''ve had 2 years of crap. We need to aim for higher than 17th every year, as eventually we''ll be caught out

I think we did aim higher than 17th. Unfortunately, The manager squandered the biggest transfer war chest ever given to a City boss. I would imagine that the fact we signed no one is January has less to do with lack of realistic targets and much more to do with the board''s lack of faith in CH''s judgement. I think he''s toast whatever happens.

IF we stay up and get 5 or 6 more points - in which RVW and/or Hooper score one or two goals - the feel good factor will start to return - not completely and not to everbody, but it will be a start.     The squad is developing - and with players that Hughton has brought in.   Supplement that with one or two more good players during the Summer and go again next season with Hughton to start with would be my preference  to see if he can get us over this inconsistency and on to better things.  So in that scenario - yes. 

Disclaimer: that is an opinion.  Not a signal to start throwing insults.

[quote user="lake district canary"]IF we stay up and get 5 or 6 more points - in which RVW and/or Hooper score one or two goals - the feel good factor will start to return - not completely and not to everbody, but it will be a start.     The squad is developing - and with players that Hughton has brought in.   Supplement that with one or two more good players during the Summer and go again next season with Hughton to start with would be my preference  to see if he can get us over this inconsistency and on to better things.  So in that scenario - yes. 

Disclaimer: that is an opinion.  Not a signal to start throwing insults.

[/quote]

I thought the OP asked for a simple yes or no Lakey. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]IF we stay up and get 5 or 6 more points - in which RVW and/or Hooper score one or two goals - the feel good factor will start to return - not completely and not to everbody, but it will be a start.     The squad is developing - and with players that Hughton has brought in.   Supplement that with one or two more good players during the Summer and go again next season with Hughton to start with would be my preference  to see if he can get us over this inconsistency and on to better things.  So in that scenario - yes. 

Disclaimer: that is an opinion.  Not a signal to start throwing insults.[/quote]

[/quote]

As the majority of posters have ignored the op (quite reasonably imo) and put more than a yes or no answer in, I think that horse has long since bolted.  [:^)] 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Disclaimer: that is an opinion.  Not a signal to start throwing insults.[/quote]

[/quote]

As the majority of posters have ignored the op (quite reasonably imo) and put more than a yes or no answer in, I think that horse has long since bolted.  [:^)] 

[/quote]Not only that, the OP ignored his or her own instructions and went on to give an explanation, albeit somewhat shorter than ldc''s...