Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

We can breathe easier.

I see Barcelona have been handed a transfer ban by FIFA that stops them from signing players and runs until summer 2015.So we can be safe in the assurance that they will not be knocking at the doors of FCR to sign any of our stars over the close season.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I see Barcelona have been handed a transfer ban by FIFA that stops them from signing players and runs until summer 2015.  So we can be safe in the assurance that they will not be knocking at the doors of FCR to sign any of our stars over the close season.[/quote]

There will be plenty of clubs knocking on the CR door, but if McNally has his way, they will be given short shrift about getting anyone we don''t want to sell - and  Hughton will need all his star players to rest up close season, ready to push for a better season next year.

But it also means that the bid we were arranging for Messi can''t happen now and it was a done deal, someone in the ticket office told me when I went to renew my Supermembership.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]
I see Barcelona have been handed a transfer ban by FIFA that stops them from signing players and runs until summer 2015.  So we can be safe in the assurance that they will not be knocking at the doors of FCR to sign any of our stars over the close season.
[/quote]

There will be plenty of clubs knocking on the CR door, but if McNally has his way, they will be given short shrift about getting anyone we don''t want to sell - and  Hughton will need all his star players to rest up close season, ready to push for a better season next year.

[/quote]

Can''t see Hughton having any involvement after 11th May with our club, whichever league we are in!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

But it also means that the bid we were arranging for Messi can''t happen now and it was a done deal, someone in the ticket office told me when I went to renew my Supermembership.

[/quote]No, that''s just the beauty of this TCC. Evidently this ban is only on Barça signing players. They can still sell, so it looks like the Messi to Carrow Rd deal couls still be a go-er.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]
I see Barcelona have been handed a transfer ban by FIFA that stops them from signing players and runs until summer 2015.  So we can be safe in the assurance that they will not be knocking at the doors of FCR to sign any of our stars over the close season.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That must depend on which division we end up in Mr LDC. If we go down McNally will have a real fight on his hands regarding Players wishes.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

No, that''s just the beauty of this TCC. Evidently this ban is only on Barça signing players. They can still sell, so it looks like the Messi to Carrow Rd deal couls still be a go-er.
[/quote]

OK, I ''phoned McNally to check this out and he said "How did you get my number and who put you through?". Which we can all work out means that the deal has hit problems as they won''t sell if they can''t buy a replacement..