Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

What is the rush.

At the end of home games we have a few nutters that sit behind us that find it quicker to get out by climbing over seats and knocking people in our row out the way instead of waiting a few minutes in their own row.this is annoying at the best of times but having a bust ankle for the last few months it is not the best to have nutters pushing you in the back to get out their way as they tumble over the seats behind,then look at you for being in the way.Stewards of course at this time are more worried in case fans go onto the pitch not how they cause trouble being complete **nkers getting out of ground.This sounds really old but someone will get hurt one day.Why are some people so brain dead.I am sure its none of you on here but if it is just calm down and leave your seats in the right way.

[quote user="the pigman"]At the end of home games we have a few nutters that sit behind us that find it quicker to get out by climbing over seats and knocking people in our row out the way instead of waiting a few minutes in their own row.this is annoying at the best of times but having a bust ankle for the last few months it is not the best to have nutters pushing you in the back to get out their way as they tumble over the seats behind,then look at you for being in the way.Stewards of course at this time are more worried in case fans go onto the pitch not how they cause trouble being complete **nkers getting out of ground.This sounds really old but someone will get hurt one day.Why are some people so brain dead.I am sure its none of you on here but if it is just calm down and leave your seats in the right way.[/quote]
Have you tried giving them a craft nudge when their leg is cocked over?  When they bugger over stamp on their jacobs... that''ll learn ''em.

In most cases it''s simple selfishness, pigman. The ''me first; my need is greater than yours'' attitude."If you can wait and not be tired by waiting" does not resonate with a substantial portion of our society.

To be fair, some may have trains to catch, appointments to get to etc. and would be castigated by a different set of people for daring to leave early instead. Others may need to get to a toilet urgently!

[quote user="the pigman"]At the end of home games we have a few nutters that sit behind us that find it quicker to get out by climbing over seats and knocking people in our row out the way instead of waiting a few minutes in their own row.this is annoying at the best of times but having a bust ankle for the last few months it is not the best to have nutters pushing you in the back to get out their way as they tumble over the seats behind,then look at you for being in the way.Stewards of course at this time are more worried in case fans go onto the pitch not how they cause trouble being complete **nkers getting out of ground.This sounds really old but someone will get hurt one day.Why are some people so brain dead.I am sure its none of you on here but if it is just calm down and leave your seats in the right way.[/quote]

Would love them to try it with me....I am one of the clubs ''larger'' supporters and would simply block their path (and the surrounding light) by standing in front of them!

As a matter of interest Pigman, what is your policy on the handful of selfish  folk who insist on leaving the ground 5 mins before the end; in the process , necessitating everyone else in that row to stand up and have their view blocked for a few seconds ?

I do that but only if the row in front is clear and mine is at a standstill. Cant see why you would want to push people out of the way to get to another row that is as crowded as your own.

Well Reggie I hate people that go early too,but most normal people stay to the end and go out in some order,why do people go crazy at the end of the game.There are also the people that leave early then stand in the way watching the game.they only think of themselves.the ground does empty out quite quickly anywayso just go with the flow and don''t be a pr*ck.

With you 100% on this Pigman . TBH, I''ve never come across the phenomenon you are referring to (climbing over seats etc), but the ''5 mins before the end leavers'' have reached epidemic proportions in my part of the ground. Whilst a lot of the fare on offer has been pretty dull over the last couple of years, it still does not excuse inconveniencing hundreds of people.

Yes def Reggie agree,if you want to go early go at half time and how many of the go early bunch come in late as well and get up 5 mins before half time and then to cap it all come back late for second half.Why do they even go in the first place.It is great being grumpy but these T*ats really are taking it big time.

[quote user="the pigman"]Yes def Reggie agree,if you want to go early go at half time and how many of the go early bunch come in late as well and get up 5 mins before half time and then to cap it all come back late for second half.[/quote]Oh yeas. there''s a few of them near me too. One in particular takes his young lad off for an early p!ss and then evidently faffs around buying beer and meat pies, then only returns when they are consumed, usually 4 mins into the second 45.I know this may be controversial, but I never see what this business is with eating and drinking at football grounds. If I want to eat  (eg a pie and a pint) I go to a pub or restaurant.  If I want to watch football I go to a stadium.. Why the need to mix the two?

If you must eat at match take it with you,far cheaper.Who can afford pies etc and beer at the ground.Just buy a bag of sweeties and pass them down the row.Whilst on strange people at the matches,there is a guy who sits in front of us and all he does most of the game is turn round and stare at the crowd,we call him MI 5,very strange,he even does it on the odd times we are playing well.

[quote user="the pigman"].,there is a guy who sits in front of us and all he does most of the game is turn round and stare at the crowd,[/quote]Perhaps he''s Polish and is trying to do his own private "Poznan " ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="the pigman"].,there is a guy who sits in front of us and all he does most of the game is turn round and stare at the crowd,[/quote]

Perhaps he''s Polish and is trying to do his own private "Poznan " ?
[/quote]

So you think all Polish people support Lech Poznan?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="the pigman"].,there is a guy who sits in front of us and all he does most of the game is turn round and stare at the crowd,[/quote]Perhaps he''s Polish and is trying to do his own private "Poznan " ?[/quote]

So you think all Polish people support Lech Poznan?

[/quote]Oh yeah.Just like all Scotsmen support Celtic, all Portuguese support Benfica and all Greeks are Olympiakos fans.

Its the old "beat the traffic" thing for a lot isn''t it?

I''d have thought sticking it out with your team and fellow fans until the end, sacrificing getting back to Porlingland or wherever a bit earlier than you might would be worth it but there you go...

Yep, even in my quiet little zone of the Wensum Corner we have people who sit down at 3:05 with food, leave 5 mins before half time to get more food ("...''scuse, sorry; ''scuse, sorry; scuse..can I just squeeze past?...sorry, ''scuse....what we scored, who got it then? Scuse'' sorry....") and arrive back 5 mins into the second half with more food before leaving before stoppage time to "beat the traffic" -and to get more food I suspect.

I know people might have very good reasons for leaving early but they always seem to be sat in the middle seat in a middle row! Maybe some of the front seats in the main stand should be redesignated for people who like to include the football as part of their afternoons entertainment rather than the reason for it!