Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Oh my good Lord, the ref for West Brom game is.....

chill your beans....

I can assure you Clattenburg has no vendetta against Norwich City and if you feel he is a poor referee then that could go against WBA as much as it goes against us...

He''s never bias for or against a specific team. With Mark Clattenburg it''s all about getting Mark Clattenburg seen/noticed, in his head it''s all about controversy and getting himself in the spotlight, sod the game and the fans.

Hate him.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]He''s never bias for or against a specific team. With Mark Clattenburg it''s all about getting Mark Clattenburg seen/noticed, in his head it''s all about controversy and getting himself in the spotlight, sod the game and the fans. Hate him.[/quote]

And he wears a syrup. End of.

Sounds like a good thing then, as the home team, we should have more of the game, so if we get in the box and invite a few clumsy challenges, we might get given a penalty or two.

What it does do is turn the whole match into a lottery, which is probably to our detriment since we were likely favourites to win it.

He did ref the away game against WBA earlier this season, a game we didn''t come out of too badly!.....plus Cardiff away - not so good a result but nothing too contentious that I recall (we lost through stupid defending and missing dozens of chances). Hopefully it''ll make no difference who the ref is.

Sounds like another ideal excuse opportunity for the apologists if things go belly up tomorrow.Just like  the state of the pitch, the weather, the fact that there''s an "R" in the month etc etc etc......

In 2004/5 his first season I believe he was the most impressive young ref I had seen. Certainly not a Michael Oliver type. But the ego has taken over since then. But no apparent animosity toward City.