Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Stoke on course for record points total

Saw this on the BBC website and I was surprised because Stoke have looked rubbish both times we played them.  We had a comfortable win at their place and they needed a rather fortunate penalty to get a point from FCR - not long ago they were down with us in the relegation mix.

It goes to show.  A win at home against West Ham, then they put in a good performance at Villa for their first away win since last August (and second all season - same as us) and a 1-0 win over Hull at home, and suddently they''re on 40 points and on course for their best Prem points total ever (apparently).

Mark Hughes is in his element at Stoke

Guess it''s a bit like when he managed Blackburn

Very physical team. Play tough, strong football.

Although I believe they have completed more passes this season than they ever did under Pulis

I thought they would struggle... but Hughes appears to be a perfect fit.

He certainly took over a team with great organisation, strength and work ethic, Pulis left then in reasonabe shape and Hughes didnt have to rebuild just enhance their style of play a little.

My point is that this shows the way it is in the bottom half of the Prem. Stoke really haven''t been very good this season but all you need is a run of 3 wins in a row and it turns around your whole season. A bit like our run last season.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]My point is that this shows the way it is in the bottom half of the Prem. Stoke really haven''t been very good this season but all you need is a run of 3 wins in a row and it turns around your whole season. A bit like our run last season.[/quote]
Or put it another way it''s one 1⁄4 of the number of points needed to stay up.  It''s probably why many people argue a good start is really important. Gaining points early makes a huge difference