Sign in to follow this  
Rev. Clarence Gentlefinger

Wolf or Simeon Jackson

Lol.

So basically you''ve decided to post this to announce you know nothing about football? Or, the obvious attempt at being a hilarious troll. How origional.

[quote user="The Ghost of Becchio"]Coming from someone who rates Bradley Johnson.

Mega LOLZ[/quote]

Mega LOLZ to rate someone who has been a PL regular for two and a half seasons. Yes. Definitely.

Prat.

Jackson was a pretty good poacher, but an appalling footballer in every other aspect. If we''d played the majority of this season with him up front on his own instead of RVW/Hooper I''d guess he might be sitting on between 5-8/9 goals but because of his lack of contribution in all other areas besides goal scoring I''d imagine we''d be much worse off right now. Same I think if we''d played Becchio all season although he might be sitting on a few more goals I''d imagine.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]Jackson was a pretty good poacher, but an appalling footballer in every other aspect. If we''d played the majority of this season with him up front on his own instead of RVW/Hooper I''d guess he might be sitting on between 5-8/9 goals but because of his lack of contribution in all other areas besides goal scoring I''d imagine we''d be much worse off right now. Same I think if we''d played Becchio all season although he might be sitting on a few more goals I''d imagine.[/quote]

Simeon Jackson was not an appalling footballer.

He reminds me of Simeon that promotion season actually. I was at Burnley away, we lost 2-1 and Jackson looked like a lost little boy. Plenty of effort, but not strong enough, not clever enough and barely got a decent touch.

You know what he did though? Upped his game and found a way to score goals. For 3 months, he was unstoppable. Obviously he is not up to premiership standard, but he certainly adapted to the championship. Now it''s up to Ricky to try and adapt and up his game, not others to adapt to him. All is not lost. If we can beat WBA this weekend, we might even have the luxury of a couple of dead rubbers to play him in where him and the other 10 can relax and produce a Man City away type performance of attacking endeavour and assertiveness achieved through lack of fear.

Feed the Wolf and eventually, after many many games he will score...

In all seriousness though, I still hold out some hope that given more time, and the right service, he will be a regular scorer in the PL.

Even I know that RVW is at least a slight improvement on Simeon Jackson at this level.A better question would be whether we should have our top scorer on the bench right now, whether we could have done with Kei Kamara this season instead of Becchio or Elmander, and whether Becchio should be given some football.If you want to look at recently released/sold strikers then the one who is performing is Chris Martin, who we all know has a lot of talent but really needed to leave the club to show it. He was ineffective on loan to Derby last season, it took him 13 mediocre games on loan last season at Derby followed by a good pre-season to achieve the level of fitness and confidence needed to achieve a high level of performances that he has this season, he wouldn''t have achieved that by warming our bench (and same can probably be said of Becchio, too rusty now, chance is lost).

[quote user="Barossa"]I can''t remember Cinnamon missing the kind of chances Ricky or Hooper has.[/quote]

just completed the accurate quote for you