Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Swansea Away Fans Refunded!!!

What about us stream watchers. It''s a bit unfair that we ain''t getting something back.

It''s a nice gesture, but fans don''t want gestures imo. They want performances. If the players feel bad about the Swansea match, the best thing they can do is put it right on the pitch in the next match.

n amazing thing to do really, & can only mean the players blame themselves.

Which also surely implies they don''t blame Hughton?

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s a nice gesture, but fans don''t want gestures imo. They want performances. If the players feel bad about the Swansea match, the best thing they can do is put it right on the pitch in the next match.

[/quote]

Agreed

Surely it''s better to play and try and win than dig in your pocket and reimburse fans for their tickets. I can only assume it was the distance they traveled to watch that drivel that forced that decision. So many bad performances away from home. My son went to Villa. He can''t complain too much, though, he got a free coach ride.

Let’s have some fun, and open up a new tack for discussion.

UK average salary = £26,500 per year.

Average salary for NCFC players c£26,500 per week.

Therefore the players earn c52 x the average UK salary.

Assuming 900 refunds at £20 each then the total refund is £18,000 or £1,000 per player if the team and subs have contributed.

Therefore a player refunding £1,000 is the same as an average wage earner refunding £19.23 (£1,000 divided by 52).

The gesture is admirable and besides saying that I pass no further comment on the above. However my wife did, she said, so the team (and by that she included management) have admitted they are playing so badly that they feel it is not right to charge people to watch, so what are they going to do about it, because having set the precedent, I’m pretty sure they don’t want to be giving away £19.23 every week. A discussion ensued, which included all things football on the pitch but which culminated with the following sentiment;

By refunding, the team have admitted the goods provided were not fit for purpose, so if the goods were not fit for purpose (by the supplier’s own admission) is there a case in law for the consumer pursuing a claim for all other related expenses, furthermore should the same product be supplied again, are consumers legally entitled to a full refund again? Also, by publishing the gesture on their website has the club implicated itself?

Any lawyers out there?

One last comment, the missus said, “A tree has to be shaken to rid it of its rotting fruit.” A bit harsh but I get the point.

I think this is a very unusual situation. Is it a first in NCFC history? I totally applaud it, even though I wasn''t at the match. I see it as a sign that desperate times call for desperate measures. We''d better win the next match.

Seriously, what do you think makes us so poor away from home when we are actually pretty decent at Carrow Road?

The only reason they are doing this is because of the away supporters party after the west brom game on Saturday. If it was being done because they cared about the fans then fair enough but its not. Its only being done to cover themselves when they have to meet the supporters who travel thousands of miles who should be, quite rightly, hacked off with this seasons performances away from home. I have been invited to go to this away party and I''ve decided not to go because I can imagine myself getting pissed off with them and the answers ill get when I ask them why haven''t they performed all season. I only wish that this season is over now and that they would refund all of the away games I''ve been to the last season and a half which wont happen. Anyway RANT OVER!!!

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]They chose this game because they''d already reduced the price of tickets.[/quote]

Plus there was less than a thousand fans there.

Sums up away days for City fans. We used to turn out in bigger numbers.