Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Swansea Away Fans Refunded!!!

Hope it isn''t an April fool!!http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/20140401-players-refund-gesture-1461113.aspx

I think anyone who has been to 5 or more away games this season should get £100 of their season ticket next year, or £100 credit against away games next season.

Must be embarrassing for a team and a manager to reach a point where they are so pathetically inept away from home that they have to pay the fans back.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]They chose this game because they''d already reduced the price of tickets.[/quote]

Blimey, I thought I was a cynical old sod[:D]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I would prefer the money be spent on hapless hughtons sacking compensation[/quote]When it''s not your money you have no say!Suffolk Simpleton....

A very nice gesture. Goes to show there are some players at this football club who care about it and it''s supporters. Next time though, may I suggest that they at least try to repay traveling fans with three points. I''m pretty sure they''d appreciate that more.Also interesting that it''s Russell Martin that has come out as club spokesman here on this issue.

How nice some people just want to complain about this.
You pay your money to watch a football match. You''re money doesn''t guarantee any sort of quality, doesn''t guarantee any sort of effort, doesn''t guarantee anything other than you get to watch 90 minutes of football. So its an incredible gesture for a club (or in this case, the players) to offer a refund. Of course its good PR for them, they know that more and more will be considering dropping away games under current performances, but they didn''t have to do it. And yes there have been other poor performances, but so what? Clubs/players aren''t just going to go around offering refunds for every below par performance. Every week a number of teams will be disappointing. Thats football.

I''m afraid I see this transparent PR stunt as a total addmission of just how bad our team has become under Hughtons tutelage.

Someone at the club is very worried.

I think it''s a great sign of solidarity by the players for themselves, the club and most importantly the fans.

The timing is also good as it shows a very different mentality when compared to the details of player unrest at WBA.

However, it will be an empty gesture if they don''t show their true commitment to the cause on Saturday.

Win or lose the one thing I want from the players is commitment and passion.

I dont see it so much as a PR stunt, sure its a decent gesture and I am sure well appreciated by those amazing supporters who travelled so far knowing that a decent performance or even a point was unlikely. Well done to the players, and of course it should be the Club Captain who is the spokesman in this instance.

That''s a nice unexpected gesture from the players. I''ve not heard of players at Carrow Rd doing that before but a few other teams have done it in the past.I guess that after that '' no-show '' at Southampton only a fortnight before and another marathon trek to Swansea last Saturday they thought this would make for good PR. Can''t do any harm.In terms of what it''ll cost them it''s a fair whack but less than £18,000 in total. Just as well it''s not written into their contracts that all '' didn''t-turn-ups '' must be re-imbursed as there''s been a few games this season where the bill would''ve been north of  £100K [:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Clearest sign yet Houghton''s out in the summer, that''s a massive slap from the directors.[/quote]It can certainly be read that way. Just as McNally going out of his way to cast doubt on Hughton''s choice of tactics could be so interpreted.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Clearest sign yet Houghton''s out in the summer, that''s a massive slap from the directors.[/quote]It can certainly be read that way. Just as McNally going out of his way to cast doubt on Hughton''s choice of tactics could be so interpreted.[/quote]Could certainly be read that way, you just have to totally rewrite what actually happened and shoehorn a mention of the directors, managerial changes and Hughtons name into the version that you "read"..

I for one appreciate the gesture. To be fair, I felt more deflated walking away from Southampton than Swansea, and expectations were already low prior to the match before being reinforced by the team selection. The hope is that an equivalent gesture is not needed post-Fulham.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I for one appreciate the gesture. To be fair, I felt more deflated walking away from Southampton than Swansea, and expectations were already low prior to the match before being reinforced by the team selection. The hope is that an equivalent gesture is not needed post-Fulham.[/quote]

Agreed - as nice as the gesture is, the bigger gesture would be to put in a performance at Fulham.

Now the big question - will the always positive LDC be claiming his refund for the no show?

A nice gesture by the players, its not something that they had to do.Well done though, to those of you that found a way to sneer about it though[Y]