Sign in to follow this  
pete

Lambert after Loza

Sent scouts to Southend apparently, trying to steal another promising youngster.

How do we know it was Loza that they were interested in? Murphy is also there.

[quote user="pete"]Sent scouts to Southend apparently, trying to steal another promising youngster.[/quote]

Put some meat on the bones please pete or is this 2+2=5 as a result of a rumour you heard of a mate of a mate who once worked at colney.

Lambo''s got a keen eye for a good young player. After the televised man of the match performance there are bound to be lots of clubs taking a look.

Scouts at game Loza scored third goal before Murphy joined.

See article

http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Aston-Villa/Villa-track-on-loan-Canaries-starlet/X1Y2Z1737455?

[quote user="Le Juge"]How do we know it was Loza that they were interested in? Murphy is also there. [/quote]
Scouts have to state who they are there to watch. So I imagine its pretty easy to find out if your a journo.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Le Juge"]How do we know it was Loza that they were interested in? Murphy is also there. [/quote]
Scouts have to state who they are there to watch. So I imagine its pretty easy to find out if your a journo.
[/quote]Is that true? Can scouts be forced to give a name? Even if theoretically so (if the scout has to ask the home club for a ticket), I don''t see how it could be enforced in practice. You would simply name any player, no matter whether it was your target or not. And presumably for quite a few games the scouts can get in on the night, without the home or away club having a clue you are there.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Le Juge"]How do we know it was Loza that they were interested in? Murphy is also there. [/quote]
[/quote]I may be being naive here but couldn''t they just lie about it?

Southend have a couple of promising young centre backs on loan from premiership clubs, John Egan from Sunderland and Jakub Sokolik from Liverpool. From what I saw of the game against Oxford the other evening they both look like decent prospects.

[/quote]When I was scouting on behalf of clubs, the club I''d be scouting for would arrange for a complimentary ticket for me. The admin staff were never told which particular player I would be going to watch. On arriving at a stadium, I was never once formally asked by a home club official to name which particular player I was there to watch.When scouts from big clubs go to watch players at much smaller clubs then word can get around that the scout is going to be there (as his club has requested a complimentary ticket). Local journalists might then do some guesswork as to which player the scout might be looking at.Sometimes agents are asked(paid) by a club to try to find their player a new club. The agent will contact other clubs and try to get club scouts to take a look at the player. That is really the main time that it would genuinely leak-out who the scouts where there to see, and it would come from the agent or selling club trying to find the player a new club. Leaking the details helps to give the impression there is a demand for the player and so use it to try to get the best possible deal.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Le Juge"]How do we know it was Loza that they were interested in? Murphy is also there.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe Tom Cavendish could verify this, it could be why he keeps telling us he was a scout.

Maybe Lambert is going to become the new Southend manager.He''s been at Villa two season now so probably time for him to do a runner again soon.

[/quote]That''s a new one on me. I doubt if it''s true, as it would be a totally unenforceable rule.Plenty of scouts/agents just turn up incognito at matches at all levels just to run the rule over local playing talent.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

When I was scouting on behalf of clubs, the club I''d be scouting for would arrange for a complimentary ticket for me. The admin staff were never told which particular player I would be going to watch. On arriving at a stadium, I was never once formally asked by a home club official to name which particular player I was there to watch.

When scouts from big clubs go to watch players at much smaller clubs then word can get around that the scout is going to be there (as his club has requested a complimentary ticket). Local journalists might then do some guesswork as to which player the scout might be looking at.

Sometimes agents are asked(paid) by a club to try to find their player a new club. The agent will contact other clubs and try to get club scouts to take a look at the player. That is really the main time that it would genuinely leak-out who the scouts where there to see, and it would come from the agent or selling club trying to find the player a new club. Leaking the details helps to give the impression there is a demand for the player and so use it to try to get the best possible deal.
[/quote]

I think anybody over the age of 5 who has an interest in football knows that Mr.Cavendish but thanks for the patronising twaddle.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]When I was scouting on behalf of clubs, the club I''d be scouting for would arrange for a complimentary ticket for me. The admin staff were never told which particular player I would be going to watch. On arriving at a stadium, I was never once formally asked by a home club official to name which particular player I was there to watch.When scouts from big clubs go to watch players at much smaller clubs then word can get around that the scout is going to be there (as his club has requested a complimentary ticket). Local journalists might then do some guesswork as to which player the scout might be looking at.Sometimes agents are asked(paid) by a club to try to find their player a new club. The agent will contact other clubs and try to get club scouts to take a look at the player. That is really the main time that it would genuinely leak-out who the scouts where there to see, and it would come from the agent or selling club trying to find the player a new club. Leaking the details helps to give the impression there is a demand for the player and so use it to try to get the best possible deal.[/quote]

I think anybody over the age of 5 who has an interest in football knows that Mr.Cavendish but thanks for the patronising twaddle.

[/quote]Well I found it very interesting... good to see you''re back to your normal self Constable Tilson.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]When I was scouting on behalf of clubs.....[/quote]Now Tom, I believe you. You''ve mentioned before about how you couldn''t name managers or clubs you''ve scouted for, but there''s no reason why you couldn''t tell us which players you unearthed and are now (or have been) playing in the higher leagues. Just one will do just to prove the cynics wrong.

What a load of old twaddle !What next, burglars have to inform the houseowner what they intend to nick ?The reality is that there is now so many media outlets that everyone is feeding off everyone else and stuff is being guessed at on the basis that if it turns out to be correct they cam climb a bit higher up the sh itstick that is ''a source''.Any decent scout will know that he can watch a game by paying on the gate, and will usually do so despite what old bo llox master cavendish bleats. Which is pretty much why Hughton is not signing the players because he would not have the time to be travelling backwards and forwards across the country, nevermind Europe.What is put up as ''news'' is a measure of that media''s view of it''s readership. Sky, the sun etc will post any old tosh on the safe knowledge that their readers have an IQ of a goldfish and will quickly forget the 100 previous stories that were absolute sh ite.Yes papers like the sun will publish anything they are told bt agents in order to be given ''exclusives'' ... usually written (and made) up by their PA''s.But then, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

if a game is open to the public there is little a club can do

Looks like Lambert was looking for a replacement for Benteke. Just announced he''s injured until Xmas.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596201/Christian-Benteke-ruled-World-Cup-achilles-injury.html

Hughton sent two scouts to watch Wilfred Bony, after the match they offered to clean supporters cars for bob-a-job week.

[quote user="City1st"]What a load of old twaddle !Any decent scout will know that he can watch a game by paying on the gate, and will usually do so despite what old bo llox master cavendish bleats. [/quote]In my experience, clubs had a reciprocal gentlemen''s agreement whereby scouts receive complimentary tickets. Requests for tickets were fax''d through on club headed paper or emailed. On arriving at a stadium I would go to the main reception where I would show I.D. and then be given a complimentary ticket for a good seat, access to a hospitality lounge etc. I used to be given complimentary tickets even for reserve matches.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well there''d be plenty the FA could do..

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/youth-development-rules-2013-2014.pdf

[/quote]which amounts to nothing they, or any club can do

[/quote]

Pointless having rules then. I think they should put offenders up before a commitee of you, Tom Cavandish and Wiz....

Do you know which is which?

no, the pointless bit is you posting up stuff that is not relevant ie"if a game is open to the public there is little a club can do"what part of FA rules governs that ?