Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Becchio

Was astonished he came on - just looked like he was reacting to the crowd. A last desperate roll of the dice?

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Showed why he is fourth choice striker which is saying a lot given the lack of goals from the other three, oh and while we are at it Hoolahan was absolute pants today, so much for the experts that post on here......[/quote]1) I find it hard to judge a player based on 20 minutes action in the last 12 months.2) Hoolahan was played on the left wing.  I can only assume you are not a Norwich fan, or you would realise that Hoolahan regularly struggles to make an impact on games from the left wing and that his preferred position is centrally behind the striker.  This is the position where Hoolahan has played his best football for us.

yes strange how rvw was given months by fans to get used to league same with hoops to settle yet beechio is expected to come in after not getting alook in for the season and do something instant ! if the squad was rotated properly we wouldn''t have this trouble !

I''ve said before I think Becchio has been unlucky not to have been used a little bit more BUT when he and Gutierrez are coming on ahead of your £8m record signing striker and you''re desperate for a goal it shows you just how badly wrong the manager has got it.

CJF

1) Becchio was given a chance and he looked well out of his depth rather than the saviour suggested by many experts on this forum

2) Hoolahan gave the ball away all over the pitch, Hoolahan was a playing a free role, I assume you noticed that or are you short sighted as well as dim?

The daft thing for me is two fold, on paper all the stikers here, Becchio, Hooper & RVW have been prolific goal scorers, Only Elmander has not really scored many, but his game is based on a different style.

So that begs the question if Lambert can get 25 goals from two strikers in the premiership, who never played at this level and cost less than 3 million combined in Holt & Morison, then why can''t Hughton get more that 9 goals fro all four of the so called better options he has spent over 15 million on? I still put it to everyone that even Becchio would score more under a different managers and coaches!

Agreed Indy and i would contend that both hooper and RVW would score even more than Becchio. If Becchio was all that a Premiership team would have come in for him some while ago, it is well documented that NCFC did not have a lot of choice in respect of purchase of Becchio......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]

CJF

1) Becchio was given a chance and he looked well out of his depth rather than the saviour suggested by many experts on this forum

2) Hoolahan gave the ball away all over the pitch, Hoolahan was a playing a free role, I assume you noticed that or are you short sighted as well as dim?

[/quote]1) *a chance*   -  and how many chances does pub footballer RvW get?  Becchio has two premiership start in 15 months, and 5 sub appearances totaling 53 minutes this season.  He is probably not good enough, but he can''t be much worse than our £8.5 million man.2) I agree he had a poor game.  But when he is played in that role he rarely looks decent and he can unbalance the side.I don''t agree with this talk of *saviors*, one player is not going to be a sudden jolt that gets the team winning games.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]If Becchio was all that a Premiership team would have come in for him some while ago, it is well documented that NCFC did not have a lot of choice in respect of purchase of Becchio......[/quote]He clearly isn''t "all that".  As for other premiership sides, well, one came in for Holt, who came in for a lot of criticism from NCFC fans last season despite scoring more than all our strikers put together this season.It would seem the fans who blamed Hughton for Holt''s lack of goals were right.

We agree more than we disagree CJF, I agree that Hughton is at the root of our forwards not scoring (including Grant Holt). I could never understand the criticism of Holt and I still feel that in the right system both RVW and Hooper would score goals......