Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 34

I''m also going for a home win for Juventus v. Livorno.

Juventus are W15 D0 L0 F40 A9 at home and Livorno are W2 D2 L11 F13 A32 away.

Good Luck, Chellecity!

Well here goes with the Norwich bet. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Norwich to win 2-1

HT Draw FT Norwich

Result 1-1

Snodgrass to score first.

and finally a really mad bet......Norwich to win 4-2 (now that is what you call optimistic but you never know!)

Evening everyone and Good Luck to both our lovely ladies this week:

MMMK - BARCELONA -v- Real Betis HOME WIN

MM - Torquay -v- SCUNTHORPE AWAY WIN

Lets hope for a successful weekend all round.

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]Well here goes with the Norwich bet. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Norwich to win 2-1 HT Draw FT Norwich Result 1-1 Snodgrass to score first. and finally a really mad bet......Norwich to win 4-2 (now that is what you call optimistic but you never know!)[/quote]

Diesel do nicely![:D][Y]

Right, can''t put it off any longer. Firstly thanks again Nutty for giving me the opportunity of doing this. Secondly, thanks to all you PUPs for your picks. It was tricky getting it down to six. Hopefully the luck will be with us.

Here goes then...

Barcelona v Real Betis - Home (This is also my nap)

Juventus v Livorno - Home

Gateshead v Tamworth - Home

Luton v Aldershot - Home

St Etienne v Nice - Home

Bayreuth v Hollfeld - Home

Time to cross those fingers...

[quote user="chellecity"]Right, can''t put it off any longer. Firstly thanks again Nutty for giving me the opportunity of doing this. Secondly, thanks to all you PUPs for your picks. It was tricky getting it down to six. Hopefully the luck will be with us.

Here goes then...

Barcelona v Real Betis - Home (This is also my nap)

Juventus v Livorno - Home

Gateshead v Tamworth - Home

Luton v Aldershot - Home

St Etienne v Nice - Home

Bayreuth v Hollfeld - Home

Time to cross those fingers...[/quote]

Thanks for these Chelle. I think you''ve done a fantastic job and we just need that little bit of luck we always need to get them home. I''ve placed the bet with Bill Hill and the potential return is £44.88 here are the details : -

Bayreuth

1/10

2:00 Sat

Purple, Trent

Gateshead

8/15

3:00 Sat

Newc Uni

Luton

2/5

3:00 Sat

Statto

Barcelona

1/16

5:00 Sat

Tilly, JB, Beaus,MKat, NBS

St Etienne

8/15

1:00 Sun

Nutty, GPele

Juventus

1/6

6:00 Mon

Sid, FeedTW, Cosmic

Once again the excitement is spread over three days with four games tomorrow, one Sunday and one Monday. Good luck Chelle and all you PUPs[:)]

Oh and thanks Purple buddy! Until today I always thought Bayreuth was a Baseball Player and Hollfield a Boxer.[;)]

[quote user="Diesel Doris"]Well here goes with the Norwich bet. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Norwich to win 2-1

HT Draw FT Norwich

Result 1-1

Snodgrass to score first.

and finally a really mad bet......Norwich to win 4-2 (now that is what you call optimistic but you never know!)[/quote]

Thanks for these Trish. I think you''ve used the fiver very well and we''ve a really good chance of getting a return. I''ve placed them with Bet365 and we have : -

Norwich to win 2-1 £1 @ 9/1 to return £10 HT Draw FT Norwich £1 @ 5/1 to return £6 Result 1-1 £1 @ 11/2 to return £6.50Snodgrass to score first. £1 @ 10/1 to return £11Norwich to win 4-2 £1 @ 66/1 to return £67

I think the girls have done us proud this weekend PUPs. Here''s hoping for treble success including that much needed win for our beloved team.[:)]

Late again sorry, may as well go for one of the picks so I''ll jump on the Barca bandwagon.

Gateshead 1-0 at half time.Luton 0-0.Bayreuth dont seem to appear on any sites, but having found what I think is their facebook page my loose understanding of German says they are 2-0 up at some point in the second half!

Google translate gives the following for the Bayreuth game from their facebook page: -"Derby winner, Derby winner... hey,

hey! The Oldschdod controls undeviatingly in the direction of

Regionalliga rise. Front of 1,163 people, our guys get the third win in a

row. Final score 2:0 against a brave ASV Hollfeld. Two-time scorer:

Miiiiiiiiiinooooooooooo Kayser!
"I think that means Bayreuth won 2-0, but your guess is as good as mine.

Well gave it a go on the Norwich bet but it wasn''t to be :(

What a dreadful display, call themselves footballers? They may have been on the pitch but they sure weren''t playing football. Only a miracle will see us survive. At least Chellecity seems to have 4/4 at the mo so hope the next couple of days will see us PUPs have something to smile about...back to the wine!!!!!!

Evening all, sending this from the away fans party. Noticed that Luton''s winner was scored by Can McGeehan, a product of the academy. Could this be an omen? Fingers firmly crossed for St Etienne and Juventus.

Unlucky Trish. The last couple of weeks it''s been impossible for a Norwich supporter to win with that bet. Let''s hope our MearKat friend has better luck next week.

Chelle, you''ve done great so far. Here''s hoping St Etienne can keep it going tomorrow. [:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Missed out last week because of some continuing computer problems and waiting for odds that never arrived, so I will make an early and very provisional choice of Russia and Lokomotiv to beat Volga. And Snodgrass to score the first goal for the NCFC bet.[/quote]I still very much like this Lokomotiv game, and it would possibly be useful as a late pick for someone else, but my role is to choose the most obscure games, so nutty has search in the darkest recesses of cyberspace to find the result. So to the Bayern Nord division of the German Oberliga.Bayreuth to win at home against Hollfeld.Top against bottom but Bayrueth still needing a few points to be sure of the one automatic promotion spot. Hollfeld pretty much adrift. And Bayreuth with a 10-1-0 and 29/7 home record. Hollfeld with a 1-1-11 and 8/36 away record.With numbers like that, plus some stirring Wagnerian choruses from the Bayreuth fans, it is not surprising the odds are 1/10.I will stick with Snodgrass as first goalscorer for the NCFC bet.Good luck to all![/quote]Some Wagner would have been appropriate at Carrow Road yesterday. The Funeral March from Twilight of the Gods...

My weekend is going from bad to worse. St Etienne are losing and have 20 mins to save our bet. Power of the PUPs definitely required!

Unlucky Chelle and all you PUPs. We gave it our best shot. We still have enough time left this season to get the winnings past £500.

Gutted!! That''s St Etienne off my Christmas card list.

Thanks again Nutty for the opportunity, and all you PUPs for your help. It was actually quite entertaining last night trying obscure websites to find out the Bayreuth score.

Onwards to next week.