Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Empty seats,

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Pete, that is an interesting concept, particularly if they implemented it, which I doubt is really the case. However, if your ''friends" should decide to act I''m sure they realize that they do not own the seats. They only agreed to pay a certain amount of money in exchange for  the privilege of sitting n those seats. If it seen that they choose not to exercise that privilege then. naturally, the owners of those seats can choose to take action legally to ensure the space they provide for their patrons is being effectively utilized. Further, if they doubt this to be the case, it should be pointed out to them how the airlines operate. They, as normal practice, overbook their seats to optimize the likelihood of carrying a full load. I wonder how your "friends" would feel if football clubs decided to adopt a similar practice? 

[/quote]

Some "fans" will only "support " a winning team.

Some will support "their " team through thick and thin.

The evidence of the last several seasons support the theory that most City fans will stay loyal and be there regardless which is my position.

Trust Yankee Canary to come up with a legal action scenario - what a load of b******s.

As for the "protesters", if like Pete, they are from Suffolk, there''s a great alternative for them in their own county. They''d be good for one another.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Trust Yankee Canary to come up with a legal action scenario - what a load of b******s. As for the "protesters", if like Pete, they are from Suffolk, there''s a great alternative for them in their own county. They''d be good for one another.[/quote]

Ah! A Lakenham response. Things haven''t changed much then.

The OP didn''t indicate they are no longer fans, so calling them fair weather is off target. Perhaps it is a gut-wrenching decision meant to make a point. Cruel to be kind sort of thing.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Hmmm. It''s clear  some of you that have inputted DO NOT UNDERSTAND what the price of a season ticket ENTITLES the season ticket holder to do. It does not ENTITLE you to do what you want as far as that seat is concerned. The club alone dictates that policy. I know we are only speaking hypothetically but let''s assume that all attending supporters wanted to demonstrate in such a manner by paying for their season ticket and then not attend matches ( such a hypothetical really demonstrates the stupidity of the idea to begin with ). I would wager, legally, the club would then have every right to enact a policy of cancelling those season tickets if they so chose to do so, refunding appropriate amounts less administration costs that they deem appropriate. Whether they would want to or not is besides the point. The point is that it would be at the option of the club, not the season ticket holder. Any business would reserve such a right.

[/quote]I don''t see how NCFC can legally cancel any season ticket purely on the grounds of non-attendance.There''s no rule to say you must attend matches and if you''re a paid-up season ticket holder who hasn''t broken any other rule or regulation as laid out in the T & C''s I can''t see how they can do anything about it.I''d wager the dispute wouldn''t reach a court of law.

[quote user="longtime canary"]How I understand it thats what happned at Newcastle. Fans started leaving so Houghton had to go. Why employ him?[/quote]Did that happen?I understood Hughton was pretty popular at Newcastle, and a lot of fans weren''t happy about his sacking.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Hmmm. It''s clear  some of you that have inputted DO NOT UNDERSTAND what the price of a season ticket ENTITLES the season ticket holder to do. It does not ENTITLE you to do what you want as far as that seat is concerned. The club alone dictates that policy. I know we are only speaking hypothetically but let''s assume that all attending supporters wanted to demonstrate in such a manner by paying for their season ticket and then not attend matches ( such a hypothetical really demonstrates the stupidity of the idea to begin with ). I would wager, legally, the club would then have every right to enact a policy of cancelling those season tickets if they so chose to do so, refunding appropriate amounts less administration costs that they deem appropriate. Whether they would want to or not is besides the point. The point is that it would be at the option of the club, not the season ticket holder. Any business would reserve such a right.

[/quote]

I don''t see how NCFC can legally cancel any season ticket purely on the grounds of non-attendance.

There''s no rule to say you must attend matches and if you''re a paid-up season ticket holder who hasn''t broken any other rule or regulation as laid out in the T & C''s I can''t see how they can do anything about it.

I''d wager the dispute wouldn''t reach a court of law.

[/quote]

Good Lord! Sometimes it''s hard work making a simple point on this forum to those who either do not read well or comprehend well. Or both. The clue is only to read the bit highlighted in red. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]I don''t see how NCFC can legally cancel any season ticket purely on the grounds of non-attendance.There''s no rule to say you must attend matches and if you''re a paid-up season ticket holder who hasn''t broken any other rule or regulation as laid out in the T & C''s I can''t see how they can do anything about it.I''d wager the dispute wouldn''t reach a court of law.

[/quote]

Good Lord! Sometimes it''s hard work making a simple point on this forum to those who either do not read well or comprehend well. Or both. The clue is only to read the bit highlighted in red. 

[/quote]Good Lord! Sometimes I wonder if posts get lost in translation as they swim across the Atlantic. Why else would it be such hard work making a simple point to those who do not read well or comprehend well ? Or both.The clue is only to read the bits of your post - highlighted in green - and the bits of my post - highlighted in brown.

Surely nobody would be daft enough to buy a ticket and then continually leave the seat empty in order to find out what would happen!

Oh...................

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

I don''t see how NCFC can legally cancel any season ticket purely on the grounds of non-attendance.

There''s no rule to say you must attend matches and if you''re a paid-up season ticket holder who hasn''t broken any other rule or regulation as laid out in the T & C''s I can''t see how they can do anything about it.

I''d wager the dispute wouldn''t reach a court of law.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good Lord! Sometimes I wonder if posts get lost in translation as they swim across the Atlantic. Why else would it be such hard work making a simple point to those who do not read well or comprehend well ? Or both.

The clue is only to read the bits of your post - highlighted in green - and the bits of my post - highlighted in brown.

[/quote]

I think there was one part of your "brown bit" that was accurate. That was where you said "You don''t see how...".

Clearly you don''t see because, if you believe what you wrote, it confirms you have very little understanding of how any business operates. Any business, including a football club, will always have the OPTION to determine what action or policy it  ( and it alone ) will take regarding its property.

The reason I made the point is because, earlier in the thread, some posters were of the opinion they are ENTITLED to do what they wish regarding "their seat" once they have paid for their season ticket. I was simply pointing out that''s not the case. That was the context of my point. If Warren Buffet bought out the seats of the Orchestra in a top Broadway production for six months for the express purpose of demonstrating he would consistently leave the seats empty to make a point ( some point ) or some other baron with billions up to his armpits decided he wanted a British Airways flight from London to Rome to fly empty for 6 months to show his displeasure with British Airways then, in those circumstances, it is likely those businesses would choose to exercise their option. Have you got the point now? The operative phrase is still in red. A much more prominent color than the murky brown you seem to enjoy.

Very poor. Especially considering its Duncan Forbes day. Not that they will know or care. whole club getting behind a massive servant suffering from a mental illness Promoting financially supporting him through his care and your mates what to stop people going. amazing just i keep finding more reasons to love this club and i keep hearing of moans. if u don''t want to go fine. but my god let somebody else go get behind the team and Duncan Forbes.

[quote user="CanarycatJnr"]Very poor. Especially considering its Duncan Forbes day. Not that they will know or care. whole club getting behind a massive servant suffering from a mental illness Promoting financially supporting him through his care and your mates what to stop people going. amazing just i keep finding more reasons to love this club and i keep hearing of moans. if u don''t want to go fine. but my god let somebody else go get behind the team and Duncan Forbes.[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="CanarycatJnr"]Very poor. Especially considering its Duncan Forbes day. Not that they will know or care. whole club getting behind a massive servant suffering from a mental illness Promoting financially supporting him through his care and your mates what to stop people going. amazing just i keep finding more reasons to love this club and i keep hearing of moans. if u don''t want to go fine. but my god let somebody else go get behind the team and Duncan Forbes.[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

in their defence, Duncan Forbes day was only announced yesterday, They could have change of heart and I will do my best to get them there.

Before anyone asks none are family of mine

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Good Lord! Sometimes I wonder if posts get lost in translation as they swim across the Atlantic. Why else would it be such hard work making a simple point to those who do not read well or comprehend well ? Or both.The clue is only to read the bits of your post - highlighted in green - and the bits of my post - highlighted in brown.[/quote]

I think there was one part of your "brown bit" that was accurate. That was where you said "You don''t see how...".

Clearly you don''t see because, if you believe what you wrote, it confirms you have very little understanding of how any business operates. Any business, including a football club, will always have the OPTION to determine what action or policy it  ( and it alone ) will take regarding its property.

The reason I made the point is because, earlier in the thread, some posters were of the opinion they are ENTITLED to do what they wish regarding "their seat" once they have paid for their season ticket. I was simply pointing out that''s not the case. That was the context of my point. If Warren Buffet bought out the seats of the Orchestra in a top Broadway production for six months for the express purpose of demonstrating he would consistently leave the seats empty to make a point ( some point ) or some other baron with billions up to his armpits decided he wanted a British Airways flight from London to Rome to fly empty for 6 months to show his displeasure with British Airways then, in those circumstances, it is likely those businesses would choose to exercise their option. Have you got the point now? The operative phrase is still in red. A much more prominent color than the murky brown you seem to enjoy.

[/quote]Well just to spin this one out a bit longer - ? fun isn''t it ? - I''ll be happy to accept your contention regarding NCFC''s possible cancellation option over deliberately-left-empty season ticket seats if you can point out the relevant clause in the season ticket T & C''s. You can''t because there isn''t one. All NCFC can do is refuse the customer the renewal option for next season.The crucial point is businesses would only have the option to deny a desirable customer access to services if he/she made her intentions clear IN ADVANCE (helpfully highlighted for you in your preferred prominent red). If he/she doesn''t reveal their intentions and HASN''T BROKEN ANY OTHER RULES I can''t see how any business can do anything about it once the service is paid for. Are NCFC going to demand an explanation if you happen to miss a couple of months and kick you out if they don''t think the reason is good enough ? Whether or not you use your paid-for seat is your business not theirs.You are probably correct in respect of a Broadway production as there is probably a limit on the number of tickets one individual can purchase but I can''t believe British Airways wouldn''t be happy to fly a '' full '' empty aircraft forever and a day if someone is daft enough to want to pay for it even if they knew full well why the booking was made.Do you think a swanky hotel is not going to let some rock star or Hollywood  '' A-lister '' book a vacant Royal Suite for weeks on end on the off-chance that they might fancy staying there for a day or two ?Business is more murky brown than you seem to think.....

Colour blind people are really going to struggle to follow this thread.[;)]

It''s well worth pointing out what is written at the bottom of all your season tickets on the back.

''This card remains the property of Norwich City Football Club PLC and is issued subject to Season Ticket and Membership terms and conditions....''

Therefore if you choose to act like a spoilt child who didn''t get what it wanted and not attend matches because ''you don''t like the manager'' then, yes I can see that the club could take your season ticket away from you and give it to someone who will be more ''able'' to attend without throwing their toys out of the pram!

Pathetic.

[quote user="morty"]Colour blind people are really going to struggle to follow this thread.[;)][/quote]

Morty, you should have typed '' coloured '' blind people so we could all go off on the usual tangent [;)]I knew this thread was missing something.....

Ncfc don''t not have a board! Four are employed by the club whom I am sure don''t want to lose thier jobs, two are family members and of cause she who must be obaide. I have it from a reliable sause that she hates being unpopular so turn up and give it laud and she might hand over to Tom Smith. Remember how Robert Chase was removed. Delia has done more damage to the club than he ever did. One bad appointment after another. She ain''t got a clue what modern day football is about.

[quote user="longtime canary"]Ncfc don''t not have a board! Four are employed by the club whom I am sure don''t want to lose thier jobs, two are family members and of cause she who must be obaide. I have it from a reliable sause that she hates being unpopular so turn up and give it laud and she might hand over to Tom Smith. Remember how Robert Chase was removed. Delia has done more damage to the club than he ever did. One bad appointment after another. She ain''t got a clue what modern day football is about.[/quote]Name the four employed by the club ?

I like their style of protest . Glad to be 120 miles away with zero temptation to waste money to suffer watching this team.

8 defeats in 10 games with a squad like this at this level is beyond pathetic .