Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Empty seats,

For the remainder of the season their will be a dozen empty seats in the Lower Barclay and not being offered as buy back, Mini protest, I will be there till the bitter end but some of my friends who I go with won''t be. general feeling I get from people I talk to is Either he goes or the crowd does.

Seems to me your friends are both good time Charlie''s and selfish. If they don''t want to go fine but to not give others who can''t get a ticket the opportunity then that''s wrong.

What wonderful people.

I don''t get that feeling from people. I don''t understand how anyone could give up supporting their side because of one manager. And a manager who isn''t even anywhere near our worst in the last ten years.

It''s truly amazing.

Just out of curiosity pete-norw - and this is a genuine question - did these friends of yours have season tickets in the days when Grant, Roeder and Gunn were our managers?

So the point they are trying to prove is that attendances will drop while Hughton is still here but in trying to do that, they are denying other willing spectators the chance to go to the match.

Hmm... point proven right....

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Being honest pete....your friends sound like idiots. One could perhaps even grasp the concept if we were in the bottom 3[/quote]

But Mrs Miggins its their choice so to call them idiots is a little harsh imho, the dish served up by City is dire lately.

[quote user="pete_norw"]For the remainder of the season their will be a dozen empty seats in the Lower Barclay and not being offered as buy back, Mini protest, I will be there till the bitter end but some of my friends who I go with won''t be. general feeling I get from people I talk to is Either he goes or the crowd does.[/quote]From the official site on February 25:"A total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first deadline at midnight on Sunday, a rise of 687 on the 18,249 who had renewed at the same point last season."
FOLLOWING Sunday’s first deadline to renew season tickets for the 2014-15 campaign, City are pleased to confirm sales figures are significantly up on the same time last year. A total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first deadline at midnight on Sunday, a rise of 687 on the 18,249 who had renewed at the same point last season. Meanwhile the number of supporters choosing to make a donation to the Academy has also increased, with 9,678 electing to do so for next season, as opposed to the 8,538 who backed our stars of the future last time round – a rise of 1,140. Season tickets for 2014-15 will once again be capped at 22,000 and there are once again a significant number of supporters on a waiting list looking forward to being offered the chance to buy any that are available after the renewal process has passed. Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/st-first-deadline-25-feb-14-1382929.aspx#Lh6HwUUzlLA5Hmxh.99
18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first deadline at midnight on Sunday, a rise of 687 on the 18,249 who had renewed at the same point last season. Meanwhile the number of supporters choosing to make a donation to the Academy has also increased, with 9,678 electing to do so for next season, as opposed to the 8,538 who backed our stars of the future last time round – a rise of 1,140. Season tickets for 2014-15 will once again be capped at 22,000 and there are once again a significant number of supporters on a waiting list looking forward to being offered the chance to buy any that are available after the renewal process has passed. Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/st-first-deadline-25-feb-14-1382929.aspx#Lh6HwUUzlLA5Hmxh.99
FOLLOWING Sunday’s first deadline to renew season tickets for the 2014-15 campaign, City are pleased to confirm sales figures are significantly up on the same time last year. A total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first deadline at midnight on Sunday, a rise of 687 on the 18,249 who had renewed at the same point last season. Meanwhile the number of supporters choosing to make a donation to the Academy has also increased, with 9,678 electing to do so for next season, as opposed to the 8,538 who backed our stars of the future last time round – a rise of 1,140. Season tickets for 2014-15 will once again be capped at 22,000 and there are once again a significant number of supporters on a waiting list looking forward to being offered the chance to buy any that are available after the renewal process has passed. Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/st-first-deadline-25-feb-14-1382929.aspx#Lh6HwUUzlLA5Hmxh.99
LLOWING Sunday’s first deadline to renew season tickets for the 2014-15 campaign, City are pleased to confirm sales figures are significantly up on the same time last year. A total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first deadline at midnight on Sunday, a rise of 687 on the 18,249 who had renewed at the same point last season. Meanwhile the number of supporters choosing to make a donation to the Academy has also increased, with 9,678 electing to do so for next season, as opposed to the 8,538 who backed our stars of the future last time round – a rise of 1,140. Season tickets for 2014-15 will once again be capped at 22,000 and there are once again a significant number of supporters on a waiting list looking forward to being offered the chance to buy any that are available after the renewal process has passed. Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/st-first-deadline-25-feb-14-1382929.aspx#Lh6HwUUzlLA5Hmxh.99
Season tickets for 2014-15 will once again be capped at 22,000 and there are once again a significant number of supporters on a waiting list looking forward to being offered the chance to buy any that are available after the renewal process has passed. Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/st-first-deadline-25-feb-14-1382929.aspx#Lh6HwUUzlLA5Hmxh.99

Hmmm. That didn''t quite post as planned. All I was trying to post was:

From the official site on February 25:"A

total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first

deadline at midnight on Sunday, a rise of 687 on the 18,249 who had

renewed at the same point last season."

If that''s how they feel, then that''s their choice.  I can''t see the board taking any further action until the end of the season, either way.Divided we fall.

[quote user="pete_norw"]For the remainder of the season their will be a dozen empty seats in the Lower Barclay and not being offered as buy back, Mini protest, I will be there till the bitter end but some of my friends who I go with won''t be. general feeling I get from people I talk to is Either he goes or the crowd does.[/quote]

Apart from the no show will the dozen be making any other protest? I was wondering how the clubs hierarchy will know the significance of their action?

So I take it they wont be renewing for next season on the off chance Hughton is still here?

They will join the bottom of the waiting list and have to wait years to get a chance of having a season ticket again... but something tells me they wont bother...

they wont be missed.. perhaps we can attract some Proper Norwich fans to replace them, rather than just spectators

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Being honest pete....your friends sound like idiots. One could perhaps even grasp the concept if we were in the bottom 3[/quote]

But Mrs Miggins its their choice so to call them idiots is a little harsh imho, the dish served up by City is dire lately.

[/quote]

Yeah it''s their choice to go or not. But to not go as a protest, to me is a bit stupid.

If they don''t enjoy it anymore is fair enough. But we''re not doing badly at home (not doing well either, we''re doing as expected), but our away form is terrible, so can understand not wanting to go to away days (as I don''t have much hope on away days). Hughtons doing whats expected of him so to protest in such a drastic way is a bit stupid I think. Whatever fans expectations are (most seem to think we should have been in the top 11, which is amazing to say the least), the neutral had us down for around 15th-18th, from the start of the season

So having watched us lose 0-1 to Man Utd, beat Hull, draw with Newcastle, draw with Man Citeh the win against Spurs was the final straw and they''ve decided not to come anymore. Or am I missing something...

Pete, that is an interesting concept, particularly if they implemented it, which I doubt is really the case. However, if your ''friends" should decide to act I''m sure they realize that they do not own the seats. They only agreed to pay a certain amount of money in exchange for  the privilege of sitting n those seats. If it seen that they choose not to exercise that privilege then. naturally, the owners of those seats can choose to take action legally to ensure the space they provide for their patrons is being effectively utilized. Further, if they doubt this to be the case, it should be pointed out to them how the airlines operate. They, as normal practice, overbook their seats to optimize the likelihood of carrying a full load. I wonder how your "friends" would feel if football clubs decided to adopt a similar practice? 

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Just out of curiosity pete-norw - and this is a genuine question - did these friends of yours have season tickets in the days when Grant, Roeder and Gunn were our managers?[/quote]

Sorry to say but Yes, they all did, have to say the word fair-weather fans is pretty much right as no doubt if results get better and we stay away from the danger area they probably return, Not forgetting, I''m just the messenger here

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Pete, that is an interesting concept, particularly if they implemented it, which I doubt is really the case. However, if your ''friends" should decide to act I''m sure they realize that they do not own the seats. They only agreed to pay a certain amount of money in exchange for  the privilege of sitting n those seats. If it seen that they choose not to exercise that privilege then. naturally, the owners of those seats can choose to take action legally to ensure the space they provide for their patrons is being effectively utilized. Further, if they doubt this to be the case, it should be pointed out to them how the airlines operate. They, as normal practice, overbook their seats to optimize the likelihood of carrying a full load. I wonder how your "friends" would feel if football clubs decided to adopt a similar practice? 

[/quote]

Like I said I''m just the messenger here, but I do know they will not give up their S/T and will continue to make the Monthly payments, the club can''t resell the seat to casual support as these people could very well decide to turn up on that day, then what happens,?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Seems to me your friends are both good time Charlie''s and selfish. If they don''t want to go fine but to not give others who can''t get a ticket the opportunity then that''s wrong.[/quote]It probably isn''t something I''d do but they''ve paid the money for their seats so they can do what they like with them.If they''re making an empty seats protest they''d be pretty stupid to sell them back to the Club who''d happily trouser the extra casual ticket money at the same time thinking -  Thanks suckers.Some protest that would be.....[:$]

I think the reason for so many renewals is that it is automatically renewed, plus the academy donation of £19 is added on as well unless you have contacted the club by jan 31 2014, I never knew that, and it is non refundable,

and this seasons ticket will be used next season so don''t throw it away

Recently i have learnt that when the going gets tough its important not to give up. Get behind the boys against Stoke.

As has been pointed out we have had many managers in the past who have not succeeded. Grant, Deehan, Roeder, Hamilton, Gunn, to name a few. Personally I think Hughton reminds me somewhat of John Deehan (who I liked alot), who I found a shade defensive. One hopes he will improve over time as others have done (Ferguson). In my view it is obtuse to boycott the game because of the perceived weaknesses of the manager. Chris knows he may be going at the end of the season, he is no fool. Meanwhile he is doing his best, he cares, and therefore I apply the first rule of being a football supporter - never do anything which will help your opponents unless you have a very very good reason (e.g to get out a Robert Chase). Therefore do not boo or abuse your own players (during the game), Surely all of us true fans know that feeling of annoyance (and respect) when the oppositions fans get behind their team, even when they are playing shite. Maybe premiership fans have become soft and lost the ability to take the rough with the smooth. Lesson - get behind your team, show pride, and leave the negativity to the pub afterwards.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Seems to me your friends are both good time Charlie''s and selfish. If they don''t want to go fine but to not give others who can''t get a ticket the opportunity then that''s wrong.[/quote]It probably isn''t something I''d do but they''ve paid the money for their seats so they can do what they like with them.If they''re making an empty seats protest they''d be pretty stupid to sell them back to the Club who''d happily trouser the extra casual ticket money at the same time thinking -  Thanks suckers.Some protest that would be.....[:$][/quote]

But they have already paid for the seat so the club won''t mind them not being there and it will also go on the gate receipts.

Just a little selfish in my eyes? but I do understand your point.

Their money so they can do on if they like, what is fruatrating is that there are so many people who would love a chance to buy back and they are depriving them of that opportunity, but more fool them if they miss the fame and City have a decent home win...which they will!

"PurpleCanary"

From the official site on February 25:

"A total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first

That''s interesting. Where can I read more about it?

Hmmm. It''s clear  some of you that have inputted DO NOT UNDERSTAND what the price of a season ticket ENTITLES the season ticket holder to do. It does not ENTITLE you to do what you want as far as that seat is concerned. The club alone dictates that policy. I know we are only speaking hypothetically but let''s assume that all attending supporters wanted to demonstrate in such a manner by paying for their season ticket and then not attend matches ( such a hypothetical really demonstrates the stupidity of the idea to begin with ). I would wager, legally, the club would then have every right to enact a policy of cancelling those season tickets if they so chose to do so, refunding appropriate amounts less administration costs that they deem appropriate. Whether they would want to or not is besides the point. The point is that it would be at the option of the club, not the season ticket holder. Any business would reserve such a right.

[quote user="Herman "]"PurpleCanary"

From the official site on February 25:

"A total of 18,936 supporters renewed their tickets before the first

That''s interesting. Where can I read more about it?[/quote]I know Saga Noren is the brains of the operation and you are only the hunky muscle, but my mention of the official (ie Norwich City) site might be a clue as to the answer to your question...[:P]But the figures are potentially interesting in the context of the debate about whether Hughton''s style of football and/or the possibility of relegation might deter fans from renewing. On the face of it not, but then again the cunning wheeze (under these circumstances) of freezing prices for the first renewal date may have skewed the comparitive figures a bit, given that (from memory) there wasn''t such a freeze this time last year.

With the new swipe cards the club will know the tickets are not being used, as Purple says the club have the right to take the season tickets back and sell them to one of the many people on the waiting list. I am not happy that Chris Hughton is still in charge, but the only time I will give up my season ticket is when I shuffle from this mortal coil.......