Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Wonder if Hughton has got a clause in contract ?

I was thinking the other day about how CH is still here and how much is made by McNICE about CH job was to keep us out of the bottom 3

i wondered if  CH was sacked when we were in  the bottom 3 CH might have a clause where we might pay less compensation .....

they are waiting for something the fans don''t want him so there must be a reason ............

i could see this a possible that a clause states if you are under performing and you are in the bottom three and sacked we pay you 1 year instead of three .... ??

would a manager sign such a contract ? performance based ? 

If there was i would think it would have some timescale in the clause ie: in the bottom 3 for 4 weeks etc.

If so then we are well bu@@ered

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

I was thinking the other day about how CH is still here and how much is made by McNICE about CH job was to keep us out of the bottom 3

i wondered if  CH was sacked when we were in  the bottom 3 CH might have a clause where we might pay less compensation .....

they are waiting for something the fans don''t want him so there must be a reason ............

i could see this a possible that a clause states if you are under performing and you are in the bottom three and sacked we pay you 1 year instead of three .... ??

would a manager sign such a contract ? performance based ? 

[/quote]I rather doubt it.  But years ago there was a continental manager (possibly Helenio Herrera or Bela Guttman) who was sacked when his team were top of the league, and joked afterwards that from then on they would insist on a clause stipulating that couldn''t happen. Perhaps Hughton has wisely insisted on that particular safeguard.

I thought that but got shot down for it when I mentioned it.

Could he not plead unfair dismissal if we got rid now? He is afterall keeping to the remit of keeping us up as it stands?

Not saying we''d be banned from sacking him, but maybe there is a clause in there that makes it much easier for us to get rid if we''re in the bottom three.

that''s what I was thinking jimmy I don''t know if a manager would sign such a contract but I can see someone saying well if you perform you don''t have to worry about the clause ! so we will put it in for insurance for the club and if you underperform you cant really complain ?

just a lot has been made of this bottom 3 remit he has

I mean if you are confident of your own ability why not have a clause like that because you don''t think it would come into play !

"Could he not plead unfair dismissal if we got rid now?"

why would he do that ?

if we terminate his contract we would have to pay up the remaining part of it

unless that termination was provoked by some sort of gross misbehaviour which is highly unlikely given the way he conducts himself - and the due diligence that would have been shown before his appointment

Norwich are very good about paying up contracts. If CH was sacked he would get the remainder of his 3 year contract paid up . In the past Roeder and Worthy went quietly as they presumably were persuaded not to say a lot - and indeed never have - so I suspect the whiff of a compromise agreement also came into force, which probably sped things up a little.

It is odd that you can''t suggest that a manager has not performed to expectation as you could in other walks of life.