Sign in to follow this  
AJ

The Hypothetical Football Club

Now, this thread is purely hypothetical, and to anyone reading not a serious suggestion of how a football club should be run.

It intrigues me how many forum keyboard bashers and canary call moaners feel that Hughton isn''t up to the job. So lets, hypothetically, say he was removed from his position as manager, but continued his work as a coach in training. So many people on here believe (myself included at times) he has put out wrong starting line-ups, wrong formations and applied the wrong tactics. So here is a hypothetical proposal.

Inspired by the NBA Allstars voting system, why not offer this as a way for a side to be managed. Fans select their starting 11 and pick of substitutes, formation and basic tactics (like Football Manager) etc. and submit them to the club. This would, generally I assume/hope, be picked on recent form and worthiness of a starting place. The votes are then collected online ahead of the match start.

So, hypothetically, do you think such a system could work? And do you think one day, we could see a club have some form of control?

Let''s also just say, for elements of protection from fraudulent or troll voting, that only season ticket holders could vote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/front_page/newsid_8967000/8967067.stm

Slightly different concept, it was for non-fans too. Therefore the interest would always die

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

What your proposing sounds like Ebbsfleet Utd. If I remember correctly it didn''t work.

[/quote]
A shining example of how the fans really should just stick the supporting side of things, it always amuses me on here how regularly our fans call Hughton clueless, yet have no real knowledge of managing a football club, if anyone is clueless around here it would be them.