Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Where's this gone

LDC posted this earlier but for some reason it has dissapeared!

".I''m supposed to be driving down to Norwich this Saturday to see if we can get something from Man City. Frankly, I''ve got to the stage where I wonder if its worth it. Not from the team play point of view but because of the atmosphere. The probability is we will lose, so that wouldn''t be a surprise, but I am actually thinking the atmosphere would be so bad under those circumstances that it would make the journey a waste of time and money. The motivation is less than its ever been for me, not because of the quality of the football, because that is never guaranteed, but for the attitude of SOME fans."

I think it is important that someone who regularly patronises real fans should have a post like this remain on the board so that a more rounded picture of his character can be seen!

I

[quote user="Canarygirl"]LDC posted this earlier but for some reason it has dissapeared! ".I''m supposed to be driving down to Norwich this Saturday to see if we can get something from Man City. Frankly, I''ve got to the stage where I wonder if its worth it. Not from the team play point of view but because of the atmosphere. The probability is we will lose, so that wouldn''t be a surprise, but I am actually thinking the atmosphere would be so bad under those circumstances that it would make the journey a waste of time and money. The motivation is less than its ever been for me, not because of the quality of the football, because that is never guaranteed, but for the attitude of SOME fans." I think it is important that someone who regularly patronises real fans should have a post like this remain on the board so that a more rounded picture of his character can be seen! I[/quote]

I believe he was getting rightly crucified for it so he had a little sulk and reported it..........IN MY OPINION.[;)]

Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 05/02/2014 6:56 PM:

It''s still there, unfortunately.

Something about focusing frustrations on the opposition.

Sorry yes your right, there seems to have been a serious outbreak of Kolin Knob on the thread which distracted me. Sounds like a very serious venereal disease, best avoided, unless you use Kolin''s of course!

Ok. As you raised it CG....".I''m supposed to be driving down to Norwich this Saturday to see if we

can get something from Man City. Frankly, I''ve got to the stage where

I wonder if its worth it. Not from the team play point of view but

because of the atmosphere. The probability is we will lose, so that

wouldn''t be a surprise, but I am actually thinking the atmosphere would

be so bad under those circumstances that it would make the journey a

waste of time and money. The motivation is less than its ever been for

me, not because of the quality of the football, because that is never

guaranteed, but for the attitude of SOME fans
."

Its right. And add to that its a seven hundred mile round trip and the weather forecast is gales and heavy rain up here, making hazardous driving conditions.  I''ve done it before in similar conditions and end up totally knackered by the end of the day.  The fact that  SOME fans will at some stage boo or lose their rag if we go behind, will make it harder for our players to get back into it - and is an added reason why I might not make the trip.  Now. If you add on what you left out - which was the point of the original post -So is my 700 mile round trip going to be worth it?   Are we going to see

a Carrow Rd that is up for the fight?  In my view the focus on the

manager issue should be on the back burner as we have to fight for

points and we need everybody singing from the same hymn sheet. 

What is the answer?  Are people going to boo and start throwing their toys out of the pram?  Are they going to make it harder for the players if we go down a goal?  

You''re so quick to try and catch me out or discredit me but its pointless.  All you do is make yourselves look stupid.  My post stands, you can take it or leave it. Or maybe you could answer the questions?? 

Well we have discovered that Wiz qualified from the Wizards Academy of Dark Arts with a first class scrolification in Hypocrisy.

"I believe he was getting rightly crucified for it so he had a little sulk"

Well I never. A new thing that, never heard of anyone doing that before . . . . . . oh, wait . . . .

Is it worth driving 700 miles round trip to see your team playing Man City? It was a question you were asking yourself my man and from your OP you were clearly having doubts. Many others may well feel the same, the difference though is that you set yourself up to be a real high and mighty fan who critisises the rest of us, when in fact the thought of travelling to support your team puts doubts in your mind.

The only reason i have a go at you is because you try to tell the rest of us what to do and act in a superior way, if you are going to do that then you need to get yourself sorted matey!

[quote user="Canarygirl"]Is it worth driving 700 miles round trip to see your team playing Man City? It was a question you were asking yourself my man and from your OP you were clearly having doubts. Many others may well feel the same, the difference though is that you set yourself up to be a real high and mighty fan who critisises the rest of us, when in fact the thought of travelling to support your team puts doubts in your mind.

The only reason i have a go at you is because you try to tell the rest of us what to do and act in a superior way, if you are going to do that then you need to get yourself sorted matey![/quote]Err. No, I don''t need to get myself sorted.   From where I sit, slightly out of the Carrow Rd bubble, some fans have gone way over the top in their attitude to anyone who has a different view to themselves.  It would help on here if people resisted the urge to ridicule people who have a different view of things and try and understand their are two sides to an argument.  Maybe me being slightly out of the loop actually gives me a different view of things.  When I come to Carrow Rd, I am often disappointed by the silence around, starting since the first premiership season.  The League 1 and championship season were brilliant, but as soon as we got in the premiership it changed.   Nerves? Worry? Inferiority complex?  I don''t know.  

Maybe some of you who should  have a break from going to CR, if things have become too difficult for you, it might just make you see things slightly differently and realise that there is a bigger picture at work.  I shall more than likely be there on Saturday and at Spurs, as I was at Hull.  I am hoping things will improve on the pitch - and off it.

Who''s said things are becoming too difficult for them? I''ve only seen one post saying that the person thought it might not be worth going, and that was yours Lakey.

I''ve no idea what you''re banging on about in all honesty. The first Premier League season the atmosphere was fantastic, I''ve never seen it suggested otherwise. Last season it was quieter 2nd half, but like this season it was understandable.

I really think you need to stop digging and let this thing you''ve got go. We''ve been served up total dross for 13 months solid and barring the odd isolated chorus of boo''s after a dreadful half and the spat with the Snakepit and Snoddy, the crowd have by and large stuck by the players and manager during the games. I''d wager that at the majority of clubs things would have got a lot nastier by now.

It seems like perhaps if you got to go to Carrow Road more often then you might have a slightly better appreciation of what things are actually like in the stands.

Do you start a lot of songs or chants when you attend?

Your not out of the CR bubble your on another planet if you cant see how your high and mighty self rightous preaching annoys those of us who struggle to afford to go to every game. Then you announce you have a ticket and your not sure if you want to go. Tw@t!

[quote user="Canarygirl"]Your not out of the CR bubble your on another planet if you cant see how your high and mighty self rightous preaching annoys those of us who struggle to afford to go to every game. Then you announce you have a ticket and your not sure if you want to go. Tw@t![/quote]

There you go again, another little insult. No understanding, no compassion - just "tw@t".    Its not a question of not wanting to go, I would not have obtained a ticket if I hadn''t wanted to go.But maybe I will stop coming to Carrow Rd after this season, I don''t know.  The pleasure I get from following the club I have followed all my life has largely been spoiled for me, not by Hughton, not by the team, but by the cretinous behaviour and insults put out on here by some of its so called fans, The only thing that stops me is the few people I have met through this board and some of the support I  get through pms and the knowledge that there are some that agree with my views.   I know I can be annoying, but I will always post what I think and if that treads on your tippy toes, well thats just too bad.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canarygirl"]Your not out of the CR bubble your on another planet if you cant see how your high and mighty self rightous preaching annoys those of us who struggle to afford to go to every game. Then you announce you have a ticket and your not sure if you want to go. Tw@t![/quote]

There you go again, another little insult. No understanding, no compassion - just "tw@t".    Its not a question of not wanting to go, I would not have obtained a ticket if I hadn''t wanted to go.But maybe I will stop coming to Carrow Rd after this season, I don''t know.  The pleasure I get from following the club I have followed all my life has largely been spoiled for me, not by Hughton, not by the team, but by the cretinous behaviour and insults put out on here by some of its so called fans, The only thing that stops me is the few people I have met through this board and some of the support I  get through pms and the knowledge that there are some that agree with my views.   I know I can be annoying, but I will always post what I think and if that treads on your tippy toes, well thats just too bad.

[/quote]
You get PMs?  Jeez I''ve been here over 10 years and never received one.  

How many games have you attended this season, and thought we played well. This season is dire and how anyone can put a positive spin on it, is beyond me. Our players are potentially better than last year but our style of play is not. LDC reminds me of a fiddle being played whilst Rome burns. We play by numbers and we will be relegated by numbers.

I am astounded that after all the rubbish you post on here, you make a big deal about getting a ticket to a home game. Blahing it up - I live in London as so many others do and travel week in week out and pay my season ticket. To bring it down to basics; I pay more that you, watch more games than you and am more in touch with reality. I have worked for years, been on numerous courses, have been told that I must respect other points of view, have been described as all inclusive, wish everyone well, and have never been abusive; but LDC, you are a knob. I have now booked myself into therapy.

I am astounded that after all the rubbish you post on here, you make a big deal about getting a ticket to a home game. Blahing it up - I live in London as so many others do and travel week in week out and pay my season ticket. To bring it down to basics; I pay more that you, watch more games than you and am more in touch with reality. I have worked for years, been on numerous courses, have been told that I must respect other points of view, have been described as all inclusive, wish everyone well, and have never been abusive; but LDC, you are a k nob. I have now booked myself into therapy.

[quote user="dj11"]I am astounded that after all the rubbish you post on here, you make a big deal about getting a ticket to a home game. Blahing it up - I live in London as so many others do and travel week in week out and pay my season ticket. To bring it down to basics; I pay more that you, watch more games than you and am more in touch with reality. I have worked for years, been on numerous courses, have been told that I must respect other points of view, have been described as all inclusive, wish everyone well, and have never been abusive; but LDC, you are a k nob. I have now booked myself into therapy.[/quote]London to Norwich 2 - 3 hours.   Cumbria to Norwich 6-7 hours.London to Norwich fuel c£35.    Cumbria to Norwich fuel. c£130Money spent on season ticket and travel London to Norwich  poss £1100-1200.Money spent on getting to as many games a season I can (average 12-15), often £1500-£1700 sometimes having to book overnight in hotel.No fan is better or worse than any other, but if you do think you are better than me, that says more about you than it does me. My main point was about the atmosphere at CR.   When I do make the long trip, I would like to feel that I am not going to hear booing our own team or any crying because we aren''t as good as people would like, everyone giving their best to help the team over the line.

oddly enough the atmosphere seems fine when you are not there LDC

(much as it does on here some might suggest)

As someone who has a fair bit of experience on this interweb thingy, with various forums and messageboards, when someone says they have private messages pledging support for their views, they invariably haven''t. Its a bit like revealing a bit of juicy gossip but saying you can''t reveal your source.

Just for a quick two penneth worth... I rarely read this forum any more... which does make me sad,as up until our last 2 years of  prem safety (LOL ETC) I have been an avid reader for 8 years... The worst and most twattish poster, worse than the trolls and worst than wiz...worse than most twats I could name is in fact you LDC. Pat  yourself on the back for making me embrassed as an NCFC forum reader.

Morty.....''As someone who has a fair bit of experience on this interweb thingy, with various forums and messageboards, when someone says they have private messages pledging support for their views, they invariably haven''t. Its a bit like revealing a bit of juicy gossip but saying you can''t reveal your source.''

Once again, the sword of truth cuts to the bone of the matter, good shot Mort.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Morty.....''As someone who has a fair bit of experience on this interweb thingy, with various forums and messageboards, when someone says they have private messages pledging support for their views, they invariably haven''t. Its a bit like revealing a bit of juicy gossip but saying you can''t reveal your source.''

Once again, the sword of truth cuts to the bone of the matter, good shot Mort.[/quote]

Fascinating.  Morty, king of the one line put downs, hits the nail on the head - not - again

[quote user="nu_matik"]Just for a quick two penneth worth... I rarely read this forum any more... which does make me sad,as up until our last 2 years of  prem safety (LOL ETC) I have been an avid reader for 8 years... The worst and most twattish poster, worse than the trolls and worst than wiz...worse than most twats I could name is in fact you LDC. Pat  yourself on the back for making me embrassed as an NCFC forum reader.[/quote]

Not half as embarrassed as I am over the way some people treat this board as some kind of yob fest.

I may not be popular, but that is not my concern, people can think what they like. The main reason I post is to post about the football club, if I tread on a few toes in the process, that''s just tough.

Have I missed something? What an unbelievable over the top reaction to what was a reasonable OP, this board is a little scary at times!