Sign in to follow this  
pete

The silent majority

The silent majority apparently includes the not so silent Keep the Faith.

The silent majority are happy with the job Chris Hughton has been doing however it does seem unlikely given the parlous state we are in that the majority however silent are happy with the situation.

It is the apparent silent majority who include WTF and LDC are now rather the noisy minority.

[quote user="pete"]The silent majority apparently includes the not so silent Keep the Faith.

The silent majority are happy with the job Chris Hughton has been doing however it does seem unlikely given the parlous state we are in that the majority however silent are happy with the situation.

It is the apparent silent majority who include WTF and LDC are now rather the noisy minority.[/quote]

The amount of people in any "silent majority"  is as unknowable as the true  proportion of the "noisy majority" on here.  Its all guesswork.

Also your premise that the silent majority would be happy with Chris Hughton is not correct - he needs to prove to all of us that he can get the potential out of the squad over the rest of this season.

Too many labels are not helpful imo.  It encourages people to be lazy and  pigeon hole people into nice little positions where they don''t have to think too much. After all its easy - and lazy - to label someone and then just react to their pre-conceived ideas about those people. 

Happy is a very strong word and incorrect in my case.

I am a realist and while I would love us to me challenging for something I strongly believe that staying up is a great achievement for us as it would be for ten other clubs.

While it is in our own hands I do not believe in following the PL craze of blaming the manager for everything and sacking him. Our position is based on the collective abilities and although he has a part to play the players have not shown enough this season and it is the collective that is weak.

Hard to swallow for some as we spent a lot of mooney but so did others and we are playing catch up.

We will stay up, no doubt, and the vitriol on here will slowly die down.

So Happy, no, but excited and looking forward to the challenges ahead. Whatever you think it is exciting And every game matters.

OTBC

" I do not believe in following the PL craze of blaming the manager for everything and sacking him."

what absurd nonsense

you sound more and more like LDC by the minute

What is the definition of silent majority. I know many many people who go to games ranging from people in their 20s, 50s and pensioners. They do not rant and rage but almost all of them have had enough of CH. Most will re new their ST but some have not

If they''ve told you then they''re not silent[:#]

I wonder what the world and his wife think[:-*]

Sister Mary took up her vows & entered a convent. Before entering she was met by the Mother Superior who told her that the Order was a silent one, and that she would only be allowed to speak once she had earned the right to do so.For five years Sister Mary remained silent and then one day the Mother Superior said to her "As you have succeeded in remaining silent for 5 years you have earned the right to speak, but you are only allowed 2 words so choose carefully".Sister Mary thought for a few moments then said, "Hard bed""I''m sorry to hear that," the Mother Superior said, "We will get you a softer bed."After another 5 years, Sister Mary was called by the Mother Superior. "You may say another two words, Sister Mary"."Cold food" said Sister Mary, and the Mother Superior assured her that the food would be hotter in the future.On her 15th anniversary at the Nunnery, the Mother Superior again called Sister Mary into her office. "You may say two words today""I quit", said Sister Mary.''It''s probably for the best'', said the Mother Superior , ''You''ve done damn all but moan since you''ve been here.''