Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Swap with Hughton

Who on here would want Hoots job this week,yes shed loads of money if he stays or goes forget that bit but trying to convince those players that a draw is on the cards and if we can keep a clean sheet for 5 mins we are in with a chance.The thing he has to do is have that master plan when we do let one in,do you turn to your 2 partners in crime for help as they coached the team all week or just stand and admire what a good team Man City are and hope other results keep you out the bottom three and if not just say thank god I am out of here let someone else have a go.Dont overly dislike the man but tend to think a lot of the position we are in could have been avoided if he changed his ways a little.Still with all of that I do not envey him this week.

I would, where do I apply?

My team

Ruddy

Olsson, Yobo, Bennett, Martin

Hoolahan, Redmond, Fer, Tettey

Hooper, Becchio

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

I would, where do I apply?

My team

Ruddy

Olsson, Yobo, Bennett, Martin

Hoolahan, Redmond, Fer, Tettey

Hooper, Becchio

[/quote]

Well at least you''ve got Ruddy in goal.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennett Olsson

Tettey fer johnson

Snoddy Pilks

Hooper

Cm options mean johnson and tettey. No creativity. I''d leave guti out and go for Pilks as he''s more likely to score or assist.[/quote]

CUSDP, are you trying to sack me before I have taken the position? and questioning my team select! :-)

I honestly would play a 4-6-0. Keep our shape well off the ball but press a little higher than we do normally and we would be told to tackle more aggressively. Then when we get the ball break extremely quickly Villa style using mostly low crosses

Ruddy

Martin-Yobo-Bassong-Ollson

Tetty-------Johnson

Fer

Snodgrass-------------Gutierrez

Pilkington

Very solid in the middle, good defensive wingers and 4 players up front who can link well at pace up front. Pilks can really finish as well so I don''t think we''d miss a striker too much and we need players good on the ball which none of our forwards are.

It''s a lose-lose for Hughton though. If we do play the 4-6-0 that RollesbyCanary suggested and lose maybe 1 or 2-0, he''d get abused for being too defensive. Stick with the 4-4-2 and lose 4 or 5-0 and he''d get abused for not being defensive enough. Saying that, even if we won he''d still get callers on Canary Call calling for his head...

Personally, I''d go for a 4-5-1. Ruddy; Olsson, Bennett, Bassong, Martin; Jonas, Johnson, Fer, Tettey, Snodgrass; Hooper.

Was tempted to swap the defence around and give Yobo a debut instead of Bassong but feel Seb will have a better understanding with Bennett.

I would go, a la Chelsea with;

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett (if fit or if not Marin at CB with Whitts at RB), Bassong, Olsson

Tettey, Garrido

Redmond, Fer, Jonas

Hooper

Subs; Bunn, Whitts (see above) Yobo (if match fit, if not and Bennett not fit Gafaiti), Johnson, Snodgrass, Becchio, Pilkington

I think people are being rather over critical

Hughton likes to mix it up a bit and you can usually see him stood on the edge of his box formulating what to say in the post game interview

and it is not all about how good the opposition were/are

..................... well actually it is

but he does add a bit of variation to it, so far play to him

and maybe some of his critics on here should give him a bit more credit for that kind of input

I''ve changed my original selection (I call it rotation!), Yobo in for Turner and Johnson in for Garrido

Ruddy

Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey, Johnson

Redmond, Fer, Jonas

Hooper

Some interesting selections. Some VERY defensive.

However....

My prediction:

Ruddy

Martin

Bassong

Yobo

Olsson

Johnson

Tettey

Snodgrass

Fer

Gutierrez

Hooper

The idea being that Tettey allows Fer to get involved further forward, Snodgrass is the first name on the sheet, Gutierrez can offer something across the whole pitch.

Would still have liked Ryan Bennett playing and Howson in place of Johnson, I just hope that Yobo has forgiven us for calling Rooney a Fat B******.

3-2 Norwich, Elmander hat-trick. After being brought on at 0-2 in the 84th minute.