Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Savage thinks we are going !!

Says Savage the man that helped our promotion to prem when he took and age to walk off for Derby and gave Jakko the time to score that goal,oh happy days,always liked him after that.

Another person citing our last four games as a reason to be relegated - is this just because we play them consecutively?Consider the following:Sunderland still have to play all of the current top 7West Ham all bar ChelseaFulham all bar ArsenalStoke, Swansea, Hull and Cardiff all have 4 to play.If we are relegated it wont have been the last four games that caused it. IMO it will be failing to beat those around us - Hull, Fulham and Cardiff (twice). 11 extra points from those 4 games alone would have us planning for next season in the Prem already.As it is even if we do stay up are we now ''damaged goods'' with regard to attracting quality players?If we change our Manager and coaching staff in the summer - as I think we will, whatever happens - will we attract a manager that will be able to bring in quality to improve the squad?

I read that too - however I''m not sure how seriously I can take a man who is unable to get a haircut or use a razorblade !!

In truth, everyone is focusing on our last four games, (well five, as we NEVER beat Fulham). March will be the month for us, that is when we play the games we''ll get the points... After that will be a true indication of whether we''ll survive or not.

As it stands, while we''re not doing great, neither, on the face of it, is half the Premier League!! I can still see three, maybe four teams worse than us. Fulham (awful) and Cardiff (got lucky against us, but it won''t last), West Ham and West Brom. Palace will continue to struggle but should get enough under Pulis and Swansea are nose diving too.

Yes it''s always seemed to me he has some resentment towards us since that game, if not before.

Most pundits predicted we''d be relegated at the start of our first Prem season under Lambert, and again last year under Hughton, and still a few predicted it at the start of this season. 

Truth is the bottom half of the table is so packed that a single win catapults a team up the table, unlike most years there isn''t a team that has lost touch at the bottom either so all 3 places are still up for grabs.  Everyone from Villa down is in the mix.  We are in their but IMO the odds are better than 50/50 for us to survive.

There''s no doubt we''re in massive trouble after failing to beat Cardiff, but there are lots of teams around us in the same position. A run of form is all it takes

[quote user="Chippy Minton"]Another person citing our last four games as a reason to be relegated - is this just because we play them consecutively?Consider the following:Sunderland still have to play all of the current top 7West Ham all bar ChelseaFulham all bar ArsenalStoke, Swansea, Hull and Cardiff all have 4 to play.If we are relegated it wont have been the last four games that caused it. IMO it will be failing to beat those around us - Hull, Fulham and Cardiff (twice). 11 extra points from those 4 games alone would have us planning for next season in the Prem already.As it is even if we do stay up are we now ''damaged goods'' with regard to attracting quality players?If we change our Manager and coaching staff in the summer - as I think we will, whatever happens - will we attract a manager that will be able to bring in quality to improve the squad?[/quote]

This is just too sensible Chippy. Shame on you.

Agree with him , it is hard to look beyond us Fulham and Cardiff right now , we do not score more than one goal per game and that just is not good enough . Most people reckon the West Ham game is make or break but they have tradition of turning in good performances under the lights at Upton Park and in a must win scenario i fully expect them to dispatch us with ease .All we can do is hope Palace or Swansea fail , we should have changed managers well before Christmas and i doubt we would be in this position now but we are a club that always sticks it''s head in the sand and hopes the problem goes away .

if i was a pundit i would have us in the frame too, cant make much of a case for us staying up talking with my head, heart says we will.

I find it interesting that so many posters on here "find it hard to look" beyond Fulham, Cardiff and us.  When there are 3 teams in the table between Fulham, Cardiff..... and us.  And 3 teams on the same points as us, but above us on goal difference. 

Yep, you can see why they think we''re nailed on for relegation. NOT !

[quote user="Muffles"]

I read that too - however I''m not sure how seriously I can take a man who is unable to get a haircut or use a razorblade !!

In truth, everyone is focusing on our last four games, (well five, as we NEVER beat Fulham). March will be the month for us, that is when we play the games we''ll get the points... After that will be a true indication of whether we''ll survive or not.

As it stands, while we''re not doing great, neither, on the face of it, is half the Premier League!! I can still see three, maybe four teams worse than us. Fulham (awful) and Cardiff (got lucky against us, but it won''t last), West Ham and West Brom. Palace will continue to struggle but should get enough under Pulis and Swansea are nose diving too.

[/quote]

Talk about Cardiff getting Lucky I notice that MOTD didn''t show the 2 goals we got ruled out for off side, never say no more we are not worthy of a proper verdict

A run of form is all it takes, but we''ve never looked likely to build on any of our good performances or wins this season. We all thought Southampton, Stoke, West Ham, West Brom, Hull at home and maybe even the Chelsea, Cardiff and Manu games were games that we could push on from. But they''ve always been followed up with a draw, or a defeat, and rarely a good performance.

if we are 4 points clear going in to them 4 games, that will be enough and savage is a cunt.

[quote user="the pigman"]Says Savage the man that helped our promotion to prem when he took and age to walk off for Derby and gave Jakko the time to score that goal,oh happy days,always liked him after that.[/quote]

Just what I was going to say !

I don''t think we can take any notice of these pundits. Hanson says we''ll be ok, Savage says we won''t. Who knows. All we can do is battle on and hope for the best

all depends who has written it for him

I doubt they even bother to read it

you can see that when Hansen struggles to read his notes on MOTD - he has to look down after virtually each sentence

the pigman wrote the following post at 06/02/2014 11:56 AM:

Says Savage the man that helped our promotion to prem when he took and age to walk off for Derby and gave Jakko the time to score that goal,oh happy days,always liked him after that.

That was a good day pigman, right at the end of his career if I recall, made himself look like a real Pratt!

I find it interesting that so many posters on here "find it hard to look" beyond Fulham, Cardiff and us.  When there are 3 teams in the table between Fulham, Cardiff..... and us.  And 3 teams on the same points as us, but above us on goal difference. 

Yep, you can see why they think we''re nailed on for relegation. NOT !

You need to read between your own lines.

3 teams on the same points but ABOVE us on goal difference.

Goal difference is probably what it''s going to come down to and we haven''t been able to buy goals all season!

No one has said we are definites but we all realise (and worried) that we are in the mix!