Sign in to follow this  
Canarychick

Huckerby in 50/50 battle to get fit for Saturday

According to the Canaries website, Huckerby is still struggling with an ankle injury and Worthington has said he is 50/50 for Saturday.

Any thoughts?

I sincerley hope that Huckerby is fit for the match, purley because i am worried by who he would be replaced with. Jonson, as much as i admire his running, just hasn''t been producing recently, and who else is there who can realistically play on the left wing?

[quote]I sincerley hope that Huckerby is fit for the match, purley because i am worried by who he would be replaced with. Jonson, as much as i admire his running, just hasn''t been producing recently, and who...[/quote]

What about Paul McVeigh???It''s about time he got a game in what''s probably his best position. I''d prefer him to be there than Jonson I think.

I too hope its a smokescreen but Hux did look very injured when he came on against Charlton.

If not Hux then the only real left wing option is Jonson but clearly he does not carry the same threat as Hux but he could stop the crosses going to Crouch if he plays.  What I would like to see though is Bentley and Jonson swap wings occassionally, if they both start.  Both have played on either flank and sometimes that change can unsettle defenders.

We have enough players having played out of their best position so Sven either starts up front with Ashton in place of Leon or more likely reverts to the bench.   Wee McVeigh simply wont play for city again and is behind sven and Jonson.  If hux cant even make the bench the perhaps Paul should be there but I cant see that happening either. 

OTBC

I can''t believe that this is much of a virus because if he still has it then he had it since the Newcastle game when he went off (but must have had it already as you don''t suddenly get a virus in 45 minutes) and you wouldn''t play anybody who is ill like Hux had to do on Saturday even if for just 20 minutes or so. However as Zipper said Hux did look very out of sorts when he came on and didn''t really figure in the game, unlike Jonson who had got into some great positions. I tend to agree that its a smokescreen as I am sure he will be along with Ashton the player they fear the most and they may alter their tactics to neutralise him.

My feeling is that Jonson will start and Hux come on in the second half to exploit their tired legs and if we need to get a goal.

The talk has been of an ankle injury as much as a virus  -I think the virus has now resolved itself but it depends on how serious this ankle is.

I think its a bit of mind games between the two managers - my strikers are more seriously injured than yours to help interrupt the tactical prep for the game...

OTBC

we really did miss huckerby is the first half against charlton, and although he didnt really do much when he came on, he changed the way norwich were playing. Huckerby comes on, norwich start to attack more......

If we have to start wihtout huckerby, we are going to be missing a very key player!