Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Yobo in his first day of NFC training: video

WATCH: http://youtu.be/dK9td8E1idE
Watch as Fenerbahçe''s Joseph Yobo takes part in his first day of training as a Norwich City player.
 Yobo said he is happy to be back in what he described as ''the best league in the world''.

Just do your bit on Saturday  Joseph.[:)]

Yep should fit right in, looks a little slow, to be expected having not played much competative football, so if he starts alongside Bassong you have to fear the worst again.

Still Norwich are not about pace, couter attacking football, we are a team who likes to pass the ball and move for each other and make that important tackle, making sure all the time not to make silly mistakes! Maybe not, it''s more like we sit deep, defend shadows, hoof the ball up to two small attackers and if it''s going too well we like to shoot ourselves in the foot. He should fit right in!

Yes looks like it will be Bassong and Yobo in defence as Benett has picked up a "knock" and is doubtful.

Think I may have to avoid any media outlets this weekend as do not want to hear about new record score for Premier League and Hughton saying how marvellous the opposition were and how lucky our lads were to be on the same pitch as them!

CJ,

Perhaps more likely to be Russ Martin and Seb Bassong, with Whitts at RB, especially if he isn''t 100% match fit yet?

You obviously did not see Martin contribution or should I say lack of against Cardiff and Newcastle and there is a reason why Whittaker was dropped! Yobo for all his lack of fitness etc at least he is tactically aware and let us be honest unlikely to get out of penalty box for most of ninety minutes so fitness shouldnt be an issue.

Hopefully will teach defence to watch players not the ball from crosses etc

I should imagine he looks a bit slow as he is practicing Hughton''s style

remain absolutely static when we have possession, do not move towards our player or offer him an option to pass to

when they have possession gently back pedal away from that player or any other player

on NO ACCOUNT mark an opposition player if he is just outside your penalty box

ps Snodgrass takes all the deadball kicks (bar goal kicks, but we are working on that)

Good to see, I didn''t realize that we trained during the week##########################################Well, it''s just a friendly kick-about really.Sometimes, if they are not too busy,  the catering staff  join in to make up the numbers.Seems a pity not to take advantage of such a superb training facilities.[:)]

I''m not sure about a back pairing of Bassong and Yobo against Man City - alarming lack of pace?

No more alarming than usual really.

Wouldn''t be as bad if we played Martin at centreback but I think we''d lose out in other ways.