Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Records?

We''ve had some spectacular flounces from here over the years. Who holds the record for having flounced off and returned the most times? And how many flounces does that record currently stand at?

Do you mean flounced off and returned under the same name or flounced off and returned under another name ?

I regularly ''flounce off'' (get fed up with some of the idjits on here), I just don''t see the need to tell everyone, that way I don''t look like such a needy pr@t when I return to suckle from the bosom of the pinkun once more.

"Flouncing off" as you so disparagingly put it, which I have done before, is usually done by people who get a bit too emotionally attached to the board.  Usually it is people who wanted to write about and discuss the  club they have supported all their lives and have found that they are  ridiculed, subject to abusive language, bullied and  wound up and generally had their time on here made a misery.  So much for "friendly Norwich".    Add to that the ridiculously parochial wind up merchants and you get a board that is the opposite of what it should be, to the extent that a lot of ordinary people just don''t bother looking on here anymore.  

So what on earth has this op got to do with anything?  Hoping to get more "entertainment" at other posters'' expense?   I see Wiz is back, which has probably prompted this, but really the people that have had a go back and just got fed up with the treatment they''ve had  to my mind are at least being open and honest with the rest of you.   Trying to get some extra entertainment from it is frankly quite sad.

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Flouncing off" as you so disparagingly put it, which I have done before, is usually done by people who get a bit too emotionally attached to the board.  Usually it is people who wanted to write about and discuss the  club they have supported all their lives and have found that they are  ridiculed, subject to abusive language, bullied and  wound up and generally had their time on here made a misery.  So much for "friendly Norwich".    Add to that the ridiculously parochial wind up merchants and you get a board that is the opposite of what it should be, to the extent that a lot of ordinary people just don''t bother looking on here anymore.  

So what on earth has this op got to do with anything?  Hoping to get more "entertainment" at other posters'' expense?   I see Wiz is back, which has probably prompted this, but really the people that have had a go back and just got fed up with the treatment they''ve had  to my mind are at least being open and honest with the rest of you.   Trying to get some extra entertainment from it is frankly quite sad.

[/quote]

If posts could flounce....

[;)]

I wasn''t thinking of those who make a strategic exit and come back under a new name Tilly. That''s not really what I view as a flounce. Posters like Eric Pickles didn''t really flounce off. Eric just went and then returned as Reggie Strayshun.

But Chicken buddy, you''ve got me thinking. I should imagine there are many closet flouncers like you. How does it feel now you''ve come out[:^)][;)]

Lakey, there''s nothing about any of your posts that entertain me. Each lecture, like this one, is just a rehash of one I''ve had before.

It is the length of this so called flounce that really matters

Jimbowiz has today informed us that his exile was self inflicted, to the point of asking the moderators to delete his account. Which does seem the bit at odds with his return exactly a month later, and proclaiming his previous posting record as if that mattered. If so why have it removed ?

So officially a month, but unofficially barely a week or so.

ps the funny bit is knowing how to flush them out - rather as in the ''stoning sketch'' in Life of Brian

It''s like the old amusement arcade, wack-a-mole, knock one down, another appears elsewhere.

Maybe the all live in that same box for kids to bash for being annoying rodents? Each has a name you know...but there''s always the big furry one that resembles a floater in a badly kept pool that rises to the top.

@Nutty - well I suppose a bit better for it, at least people will know now that when I have been quiet on here for a bit it''s because I am dutifully flouncing.

They won''t worry about me and just imagine me out in a local meadow flouncing among the foliage and wildlife. It''s so very invigorating.

I tell you what, I even tried a spot of flouncing on Carrow Road once . . . . it was no good though, they wouldn''t knock 50p off the pie I wanted.

There''s been some en masse flounces at Carrow Road over the years. My favourite on was 04/05 ''Boro game when the crashing of seats as people flounced off actually drowned out the boro fans celebrating their 4th goal.

Has anybody ever regretted a flounce?