Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

What would be an acceptable result against Man City?

We''d all love a win obviously but is it likely if we play as we have been? No certainly not. So every player has to be playing their best and putting the effort in, to give us any chance of getting a draw or win. All we can ask is that they do that and you can''t ask any more.

I hope Man City aren''t at their best and we are. If the reverse was to happen then we will be in for a tonking.

A couple of goals for us would be great. If we lose I wouldn''t be surprised but it''s always disappointing.

It''s also about damage limitations because at the end of the season it could go down to the wire and we may get relegated on GD, so we have to restrict them to as few goals as possible. I would not accept 4 or 5 nil. We have to do better on our own patch. OTBC !!

The game is perfectly balanced for a shock result, how many times does this happen in the Premier League? An in form top of the table team that should comfortably beat an opponent but fails to turn up on the day & the underdog wins.

I''d love this to happen, but I''m not deluding myself into thinking it will because it''s happened before, but stranger things do happen in this league.

A draw would be a fantastic result, but a win would be out of this World.

I''d settle for City (of the Norwich variety) just showing some grit & determination to attempt to win a football match, something that has been sadly lacking this season.

After recent results, we just can''t go into this match thinking it is a write off before it has even started.  We need points wherever we can get them and there are three possible points available tomorrow.  So we have to go for a win, believe we can get that and not just sit there hoping we aren''t going to be tonked again.   Its a mental strength thing as much as anything.  

Hughton seems good at getting the team to function well after a setback.   We played well last week but it was still a setback because we lost.  A level of performance and belief like we showed last week should enable us to at least compete with Man City.  They are not as strong in defence as all that, its just that their forward play is very good.   So we have to go in with a mentality of being determined to win.   It worked quite well last year at CR because we were able to stay in that match.   At home and with the crowd behind them (CR buzzing, hint hint, [;)] ) with a little luck and as long as our players play to the best of their ability - it should be a cracker - and we need that win. 

Man City can and have been trunerd over by those battling relegation. I don''t think it''s about result all though that would be nice, it''s about puttig in an organised and commited performance. I want to see us being hard to break down, the payers battling for the ball and most of all the entire team showing they care and it means something to them like Snodders & Johnson.

I would be happy with that.

Presumably, Lakey, an acceptable result for you would be one that corresponds with the traditional crafty tenner you wager on these auspicious occasions.Are you going to reveal to us what it entails this time ?...or perhaps , significantly, you''ll not be overburdening us with this type of info.....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Presumably, Lakey, an acceptable result for you would be one that corresponds with the traditional crafty tenner you wager on these auspicious occasions.Are you going to reveal to us what it entails this time ?...or perhaps , significantly, you''ll not be overburdening us with this type of info.....[/quote]I''ve already done it Reg on another thread.....Man Citeh game

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Presumably, Lakey, an acceptable result for you would be one that corresponds with the traditional crafty tenner you wager on these auspicious occasions.Are you going to reveal to us what it entails this time ?...or perhaps , significantly, you''ll not be overburdening us with this type of info.....[/quote]I''ve already done it Reg on another thread.....Man Citeh game

[/quote]Fair enough, Lakey. Missed that one.4-3 it is then......

Draw or a home win. Simple as that, we desperately need points. So what if they are top of the league, we have proven before that on our day at Carrow road we are a match for anybody and tomorrow will be the same. Lots of energy, passion, drive, fight and constant high pressure for 90mins is the order of the day. After all they have a week off to rest and relax afterwards. OTBC!

Most fans would just like to see a competitive performance.  The Chelsea home game earlier this season was a good example. The players competed hard and the manager made positive substitutions.

We all know that on paper we look like we should lose by 5 ,6 or 7 goals.But last year we went to there home and stunned them,same manager as this year,so why should we not be able to do that again, anything can happen on the day right positive thinking

I suppose the question I meant to ask is, if we lose against Man City, what margin do we have a right to feel aggieved about? I thought the 7-0 at the Etihad was totally unacceptable, mainly because it really could have been double figures and that the team definitely seemed to give up at one point. Iv seen us have low expectations before, but not to totally give in like that. That was the point at which Hughton should have been sacked in my opinion. The capitulation spoke ugly volumes, even more than the final score. He wasnt sacked, so obvioulsy the board felt that kind of display and result was acceptable. So is it unfair of us to ask more than that? I think personally that considering a lot of our reverses against Man City (acknowledging that we have also beaten them on occasion, but when the circumstances were quite different to now) that a 5-0 defeat is probably par for the course. So if it happens, and we lose and we get tonked - what margin do we have a right to be upset about? And what margin do we say - well its Man City, forget about it and move on? If we give them a bloody nose, but their individual quality makes the difference (even if its several times) then the score matters less, I could accept a 5-0 where we fought for every inch but still lost, rather than a game in which we just give up and lose 5-0