Sign in to follow this  
BarclayWazza

Another hypothetical scenario

Would you accept a 10-0 stuffing on Saturday if it was guaranteed to cost Hughton his job? Hughton''s gone but Ipswich no longer the recipient of the biggest stuffing.......?

err, I think this has been asked quite a number of times before

on numerous other threads

Someone has started a thread similar to this for virtually every home game for the last 3 or 4 months. The answer is still "No". I don''t understand anyones logic in wanting in their team to lose.

Whenever "Ar Broath" this subject, I find it remarkable that "fans" think this way.

If you don''t rate RVW, would you want him to miss a last minute penalty at 0-0 because you''d rather Hooper played next week?

Strange.

If you don''t rate RVW, would you want him to miss a last minute penalty at 0-0 because you''d rather Hooper played next week?

-------------------------------------------------------------

in all honesty I think they would want him to miss it. can you imagine us beating man city and wolfy scoring? what would there be to complain about for the week?

The thread topic is repetitive, no doubt, but it''s intended for those with vision, capable of seeing the big picture beyond the next match, not only those with their heads buried in their hands (or some other body part).

Any "fan" wouldn''t want to lose 10-0 in any circumstance!

It was a daft idea when someone suggested it prior to the West Ham gameIt was a daft idea when someone suggested it prior to the C Palace gameIt was a daft idea when someone suggested it prior to the Hull City game

Do you notice any pattern emerging....?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]It was a daft idea when someone suggested it prior to the West Ham gameIt was a daft idea when someone suggested it prior to the C Palace gameIt was a daft idea when someone suggested it prior to the Hull City game

Do you notice any pattern emerging....?[/quote]Indeed.And anyone who tries to justify it with the words "bigger picture" or greater good" is a ridiculous tit, who, for some reason, thinks they know better.

Now here''s a hypothtical scenario I would like to see come to fruition, all hypothetical posts that centre around a member of our club getting the sack if we lose, are banned from this board. These posts are fuelled and filled with negativity and the same posters probably have a go at CH for his negativity!

[quote user="Ray"]Now here''s a hypothtical scenario I would like to see come to fruition, all hypothetical posts that centre around a member of our club getting the sack if we lose, are banned from this board. These posts are fuelled and filled with negativity and the same posters probably have a go at CH for his negativity![/quote]That one rivals the other ''hypothetical idea'' in its daftness......

A drubbing to get rid of this fool?..............hell yes.

Reggie,

Exactly and there lies the point I was attempting to make, all hypothetical posts around 10 - 0 defeats and the managers position thereafter and others of that ilk are daft, in fact pointless imo but I fully appreciate my scenario was just as daft because those who fuel negativity unfortunately walk among us, always have done and no doubt always will do.

I could write a post about him securing his position if we win 10 - 0, less likely I know but surely not worth discussing until such times as events unfold. Says he who is bothering to type this post. So perhaps I am being hypocritical if not hypothetical!!!!

So it''s better to hope we win one game and continue the pattern of disappointment as we limp to relegation than to accept a beating and get a manager who plays to our strengths and has us finish on a 14 game win streak?

Life must be confusing amidst those oil fumes off the coast of Africa.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]So it''s better to hope we win one game and continue the pattern of disappointment as we limp to relegation than to accept a beating and get a manager who plays to our strengths and has us finish on a 14 game win streak?

Life must be confusing amidst those oil fumes off the coast of Africa
.[/quote]Any fracking in Houston and, if so, are you drinking the water?I''ll assume "no" on both counts if you can name a manager who will not only come here but will also guarantee a 14 game win streak.

Nope, that ship has sailed now. I haven''t got the faith that a new manager now at this late stage would make a big difference now the transfer window has passed. We need to be collecting every possible point possible. I won''t even accept a 1-0 loss tomorrow, whatever happens. It''s of no help to us.

I would prefer that we win the game 2 - 0 with a fluid blend of attacking flair and calm, resolute defending with Hughton ultimately proceeding to employ the same successful tactics to remain unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Would nobody else prefer that ''hypothetical scenario''?

No?

You''d prefer to get tonked and hope that another random manager plucked from your @rse is actually successful in picking up the pieces?

You''re all very close minded and reading things that aren''t there.

I answered a hypothetical question with hypothetical answers, not guarantees.

I certainly dont want us to lose tomorrow. However, IF a thrashing got us an effective manager, I''d sacrifice. In the big picture, it''s better than the current rut we''re in. It looks like

Sophie''s Choice but only short term.

We''re all glad (now) we got crushed by Colchester. Would you rather we won and hung around in League One longer? Probably, since we''d still have Docherty.

"Wiz" - A drubbing to get rid of this fool?..............hell yes

whereas a month or so back the Jimbo the troll was telling us -

"No, I want a win, always will,"

ps any idea of who ''Norwich or die tryin!'' is ?

An habitual liar, week in week out